Legalist Q & A

To unite all the social issues. :twisted:

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

John Chrysostom wrote:Blitz can you clear up several things, are you talking about schools in general or one specific school? And do you support the cutting of hair to curb lust?
Every school. It is law here except in private schools. No I don't. It went right back up after about a year.
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/
The Mysterious
I've been here a bit

Post by The Mysterious »

John Chrysostom wrote:So if you don't support Sola Scriptura then what is the highest authority in your life on matter of doctrine and theology?

I wasn't aware we were making a distinction between inner clothing and outer clothing. I was asking this question to clarify because it seems like you don't actually care what men and women wear as long as it is different and unique to the sexes.

Of course the problem with this is that different cultures around the world have different fashions so how people dress here in America can be very different than how you dress in Korea and I wonder, why does it matter that much?
1. The Bible. But, Sola Scriptera is not a word in the Bible.
2. Yes.
3. Not really different, but similar I'm sure. The Bible is more important than culture. That is what I believe.
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

Neither, to my knowledge, is "Trinity", yet it is a concept accepted by Christian churches no matter their sect. The exact words of a particular doctrine do not have to be explicitly spelled out in the Bible in order to make the doctrine true. Besides, you just stated that you don't believe in sola scriptura, yet you go on to state essentially that you believe in what the doctrine states—the supremacy of the Bible. How does that make sense?
Last edited by TigerintheShadows on Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
John Chrysostom
No way I broke the window

Post by John Chrysostom »

But where does the Bible say that you being confused as to who is male and female from a distance a bad thing? As others have said, even when women wear pants we aren't confused. This problem seems pretty limited to you.
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Post by Jehoshaphat »

Yes the words don't have to be explicitly laid out but who gets to decide. Catholics and Orthodox believe in Sacred Tradition with Sacred Scripture do help decide doctrine. Tradition is mentioned and said to be important. And who decides what is in the Bible? There is nothing in the Bible that says what is supposed to be in the Bible. And even if there was you can't use a source from the source you are trying to prove.
Unicorns exist... they just got fat and now we call them rhinos.
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother. GJ is my rebellious little sister
If you want me to be in your online family send me a PM.