Monthly Prayer Group in the Chatroom

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

9 isn't too late for me.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Let's redo this month's meeting next Wednesday the 13th at 9 Eastern/6 Pacific and see how that time slot works out.
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Post by Jehoshaphat »

Unfortunately I will not be able to attend. It's funny because I will actually be at a prayer meeting in real life during that time.
Unicorns exist... they just got fat and now we call them rhinos.
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother. GJ is my rebellious little sister
If you want me to be in your online family send me a PM.
SirWhit
I'm finally a No0b

Post by SirWhit »

I'll see if I can stop in.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Reminder for anyone who is interested, we meet tonight at 9pm EST/6pm PST in #prayer
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Bookworm and I had a nice time praying together! It was a great experience. I hope that even more people can make it to the next one. :)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

It was very nice, exactly what I had hoped; thank you Catspaw!

But I need to know why no one else made it again. Is it the time, even though still no one has expressed a problem with it, or was it just forgotten?
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

bookworm wrote:It was very nice, exactly what I had hoped; thank you Catspaw!

But I need to know why no one else made it again. Is it the time, even though still no one has expressed a problem with it, or was it just forgotten?
I honestly don't have an answer for you except we're too busy screwing around in the perishable poop we mess around with to make time for the God in whom we live, move, and have our being.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not ignorance. It's that they know so much that isn't so." ---President Ronald Reagan
MericaBlog is the new joint Tumblr used by me and a couple friends.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I think bookworm might be looking for something more specific. Do lots of people have to work Wednesday nights? Other commitments? Is there a specific day of the week or a certain time that would be better for a few people who are really interested in being there? Did people just forget? Most of the people posting in the thread to express interest seem to indicate that they want to make it, so if they didn't, it makes sense to see if there is something fixable. Apathy towards God is a real concern, but that might not be the entire issue here.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

I was caught up in spending time with family. I could have been there but I chose to spend it with my sister, who I don't get to hang out with much anymore.

Speaking for myself, I am usually available in the evenings, so the time was not the issue. However, though I'm more often than not free, my availability can be unpredictable. *shrugs*

I'm glad things went well though tonight, =) even with the small turnout.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

I was at church for one thing. For another, I am in a situation where I can only get an hour of computer time a day (between 10 and 5). I won't go into all the specifics of it, but suffice it to say that my home life needs prayer. If I could've been there I would've
ImageImageImage
logos linked
SirWhit
I'm finally a No0b

Post by SirWhit »

I was spending time with family, and not screwing around with poop as Dredge so eloquently and rationally assumed.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Am I understanding then that you were all aware the meeting was going on, but were either unable to attend or otherwise consciously chose not to?

That's what I want to hear, if your absence was just because of the circumstances on this particular evening.
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

OK, I was too busy screwing around in perishable poop to show up. I literally had nothing to do that night and forgot anyway.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not ignorance. It's that they know so much that isn't so." ---President Ronald Reagan
MericaBlog is the new joint Tumblr used by me and a couple friends.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

bookworm wrote:Am I understanding then that you were all aware the meeting was going on, but were either unable to attend or otherwise consciously chose not to?
Yes, I was aware, but chose not to join.
SirWhit
I'm finally a No0b

Post by SirWhit »

Yes, I was planning to stop in but we were having family devotions during that time.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Okay, this time slot seems to be acceptable then so I'm going to make this the schedule going forward; meetings on the first of each month at 9pm Eastern. That will be the default plan if you don't hear otherwise. If an adjustment is made for a certain month it will be announced.

The next meeting will be Monday, August 1st. PM me if you want to be sent a reminder mail when it's closer.
Connie G.
I'm a teapot

Post by Connie G. »

I will never be around on a Wednesday. Period. Well, not for the next 5 foreseeable years.
I have learned to kiss the wave that throws me against the rock of ages. ~C.H. Spurgeon
hello and Where are all the hot people? ~Penguin
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

That's why I wanted to have it on a date rather than a day (in addition to the 1st being easy to remember) so it moves around in case some certain weekdays don't work for some people.
SirWhit
I'm finally a No0b

Post by SirWhit »

I most likely won't be able to make August 1 because I'll be out of town and may not have wifi.