The Weekly Challenges

Should we keep them?

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.

Do you want the weekly challenges to continue?

Yes
62%
No
38%

Total votes: 13

gimp80995
No way I broke the window

The Weekly Challenges

Post by gimp80995 »

Well we've all had about two months now to test it out..........what are your thoughts? Do you like the weekly challenges? Do you want to see them keep going? Or would you rather not have them?

All I ask is that you vote honestly (you'll notice this is one of the few polls I have ever made that doesn't have a goof-ball choice). If the majority like them and want them to continue, then it's totally woth my time to come up with them.........but if the majority don't like them, then it's kinda wasting people's time to have them.

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
ajamj
Older Than Dirt
Older Than Dirt

Post by ajamj »

I don't always post but I read and attempt each one.
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

So far more people are voting no than yes (though I honestly expected more voting than 5 ppl), so for now the Weekly Challenges is going to be taking a break.

*goes away to think up new ideas in case they come back in the future*

Peace Out

-Gimp

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

My problem is:

I never remember to come look for them and I don't remember to do them after I've read it! I even print them out sometimes!
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

Maybe when / if I do start it up again I could have people who want to participate "subscribe" for it and send them out via PM. That way people don't have to remember to check here............and it wouldn't be inturrupting users who really would rather not do them.......

Peace Out

-Gimp

Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Oh, yes yes. Good idea that is.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Kris Doyle
Still standing tall

Post by Kris Doyle »

If they're just posted here, those who don't read them aren't really being interrupted, IMO--nobody's forced to click on them. But if you're talking about interruption as in taking up space on the page, then maybe (just as a suggestion) you could ask Shadowpaw to have the challenges combined into one thread. Then you could add a new post for each week's challenge, and the people who want to comment about a challenge could post their thoughts that week, and the next week you could add a new post for that next week's challenge, etc.
God bless you, in Jesus' name!!!! :D
"Then Peter said unto them, 'Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.'" (Acts 2:38)
Visit the website of my home church: http://www.freshanointingupc.org
SivartM
Hamster
Hamster

Post by SivartM »

Please keep the weekly challenges going!
kellyj
Fourscore and seven

Post by kellyj »

I like the idea of them getting sent by private message to the people that want them. I enjoy them but I usually forget to read them.
The Artful Dodger
Still standing tall

Post by The Artful Dodger »

Maybe you could do both, like people who want them sent on pm would subscribe, but post it anyway for people to see and talk about them.
just an idea :anxious:

Didn't we have some fun, though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said, 'goodbye.' And you were like, 'no, wait.' And then I was all, 'we pretended we were going to murder you.' That was great...
Blipadouzi
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Blipadouzi »

Gimp,

Although at the moment, the "yes" votes are leading...I don't think this should be a majority rules type vote...

If you have 10 or more people interested in doing it (in my opinion even just 5), then it is worth your while.

Let me give you an example...not everyone would benifit from a youth group at a church...demographically speaking...only 15-20% of the church congregation would be in the right age group.

So do we not have a youth group, because 80% of the people can't or don't want to participate?

That's my 2 cents on the matter.

And if you do decide to go ahead with them, PM me...and we will talk about a things I am thinking about to make your life easier when it comes to posting them.