Tithing on the ToO

How-tos and where-fors

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
Blipadouzi
Catspaw Rocks!

Tithing on the ToO

Post by Blipadouzi »

Hi everyone,

As we have discussed, there is now a means for us to tithe our ToO money towards the First Church...and like in real life, this is a free will offering. You are only obligated to tithe what you feel lead to by the Spirit.

To "donate" your tithe...simply make a donation to the First Church user profile. There has been a user profile created specifically for this purpose, so that I as pastor can be held accountable for the donated funds and can't be accused of taking the money for myself.

Only the ToO Administration has access to the account (in this case, the Bank Manager, and the Highest level Administrators)

If you have any further questions...don't hesistae to ask.

God bless to you all.
Kenric
If posts were pigs...

Post by Kenric »

The only problem I have with this is that I have no idea where this money is going. I tithe in church because I not only know where it is going, but I know that it's going to God's work.
Blipadouzi
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Blipadouzi »

Lumpy the Heffalump wrote:The only problem I have with this is that I have no idea where this money is going. I tithe in church because I not only know where it is going, but I know that it's going to God's work.
For now...it will go into the bank. It will not go towards salaries or anything of the sort.

What has been discussed so far, and should be further...is to create a foundation similar to the one Eugene & Katrina have recently started.

I am hoping to make it into some sort of an outreach program...I say of sorts, because in principle everyone on this board is a Christian...but I do not want to make assumptions.

So we will invest into someone's scholarship for example...or help someone with that last bit of financial aide to get their business off the ground (factions)...or if someone has a jail term and bail is posted, we could offer to pay for the bail as an act of mercy.

There are many things that could be done with it. And to clarify, just in case...this is not real money...it is the fake ToO dollars we get from posting.