[ 12 posts ] 
 Post Post subject: As Close As Home Is - An AIO Fanfic
Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:11 am 
A Grieving Renegade
There was a train station.

Cash: 81.86
Blog: View Blog (3)
Fan fiction: "When someone takes either the story or characters (or both) of a certain piece of work, whether it be a novel, TV show, movie, etc, and create their own story based on it."

Ahem. Hence fan fiction.

So...yes. This is a piece I wrote after listening to the ending of "The Labyrinth Part 3." If you haven't heard it, I don't recommend reading this because a) of spoilers and b) it will make more sense if you hear that scene.

Comments welcome!!! \:D/

As Close As Home Is wrote:
“I want to go home, Dale. I want to go back to Odyssey.” Standing is so hard.

I don’t want to forget, but I want to forget. I can’t forget. I can’t make sense of it. It’s a mess.

Change takes so long. It hurts. I can’t stand it, I can’t see it. I’m too blinded by my fears, my failures, my pride. What’s left of my pride. It’s being knocked to pieces.

It took so long to consider facing my shame. I left what I loved, and didn’t realize it until I was too...empty. And when I was empty, I saw familiar faces, people who cared, who took risks for me. That saved me, I think. I could have been worse.

The nightmares normally stopped when I was in the middle of my work, when I was fully engaged in the intrigue. They returned, more intense than before, but at least they stopped for a while! But when I saw the people I knew, they grew worse. Much worse. I didn’t want to sleep, but I was so tired. I didn’t want to get in this mess, but I did.

I need a way out, a way home.

They kept coming. Sometimes I woke up yelling. They grew so bad that it took two, three hours for me to get over them, for me to actually function. I had time, since they woke me up so very early. I couldn’t go back to sleep after them. I was afraid that I would dream longer the next time.

I want to go home. I want people. It took so long to get here: going uphill is harder than downhill. I walk, walk with a bag full of things I don’t want, and two things I do. I walk, watching my back. No one is there to watch it for me anymore.

A book, beaten from lack of attention in the bottom of a suitcase. A book that should have been bent and worn, breaking from use, from love. The marks would have been beautiful then, not signs of indifference.

I wouldn’t be lost.

It’s hard to see the way out. The way was right there, and I ignored it when I had the chance. It was like having clear, cold water right there with you in the desert and proudly, ignorantly dying of thirst.

The other wanted thing in my bag is a photograph. I can’t bear to look at it as often as I’d like. But I think about it. It was taken so far back, before I was so lost that I did terrible things. Before I headed so far down the wrong way.

I don’t want the other things. I don’t want them near me. They fuel my nightmares, but I can’t get rid of them. They weigh me down, they nag at me. I hate them, but I cannot bear them.

They remind me. And that is the worst thing.

But if I forget-Oh, what then of myself! If I forget, then it is wasted. If I remember, I cannot bear it.

I don’t want to face it. I don’t want to face myself, but I can’t run any longer. I can’t hide.

I am in the doorstep between two hallways. I have an idea where one leads, but I can’t see the end of either. And I have to choose, I have to choose! I know what I want, but I am torn. I don’t trust my own eyes anymore.

I want a way out. I want to change.

Standing. It’s the hardest thing to choose, to do. I want compromise, but I want a way out.

Choose. This is my Alamo.

Stand.

I’m home, Dad. I’m home. I’m so tired, so worn out. But I’m back. I’m home, Dad, as close as home is in this world. Help me. I want a way out.

"I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand. It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what. You rarely win, but sometimes you do." --To Kill a Mockingbird

Thanks to snubs for the awesome siggy! ^^;;

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject: Re: As Close As Home Is - An AIO Fanfic
Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:02 am 
I'm finally not a No0b

Cash: 567.86
That was really good. Thanks for sharing, Mockingbird.

I tried some AIO fan fiction once. Kind of fun.

Offline Profile E-mail Facebook  

Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:20 am 
I'm as fancy as Penguin!
i bpraiseach ceart

Cash: 449.10
Bank: 1,054.24
Blog: View Blog (2)
That was great! Well done, and nicely written. It really feels like you captured Jason's thought process. I especially liked the lines:
Mockingbird wrote:
I walk, watching my back. No one is there to watch it for me anymore.

Offline Profile  

Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:15 pm 
The Council must persist
Stars are only visible in darkness

Cash: 435.06
Bank: 0.00
sound alot like Katniss

Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody

Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:33 am 
Random sister
Random sister
figuring out life: one dream at a time

Cash: 1,369.33
Bank: 0.00
Blog: View Blog (13)
Wow. very good, very intense. Well done, Mockingbird! :)

Till the end of the line.

Offline Profile Facebook  

Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:27 pm 
A Grieving Renegade

Mrs Jason Whittaker wrote:
That was really good. Thanks for sharing, Mockingbird.

I tried some AIO fan fiction once. Kind of fun.

Thanks! Yes, it's kind of addicting... * rolls eyes * Once I wrote one, others decided to bug me until I wrote them down... Fun stuff. XD

Smaug the Dragon wrote:
That was great! Well done, and nicely written. It really feels like you captured Jason's thought process. I especially liked the lines:
Mockingbird wrote:
I walk, watching my back. No one is there to watch it for me anymore.

* grins * Thanks! Okay, good, I'm glad that I caught his thought process... I really wanted to get that part right.

Blitz wrote:
sound alot like Katniss

You think so? :D (Yay for conflicted characters who torment listeners/readers!!)

Shennifer wrote:
Wow. very good, very intense. Well done, Mockingbird! :)

Thanks, Shennifer. :)

"I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand. It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what. You rarely win, but sometimes you do." --To Kill a Mockingbird

Offline Profile  

Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:33 pm 
I'm finally not a No0b

Cash: 1,178.96
This is good . I like this much. :) You get into Jason's head quite well.

I was wondering though, they didn't really get into much what Jason did that was wrong, beyond generalities. I'm curious what exactly took him to this point...the adventures chasing Mr Grote......

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9460320/1/Repercussions
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9642694/1/Echoes

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:54 pm 
A Grieving Renegade

EvangelineWalker wrote:

I was wondering though, they didn't really get into much what Jason did that was wrong, beyond generalities. I'm curious what exactly took him to this point...the adventures chasing Mr Grote......

*grins hugely* That comment up there made my day. =)

*nods* Yes, I agree... I'm wishing that they would explore that a bit more. I have some theories, but they're rather vague and definitely not canon. =P Ah, well.

Offline Profile  

Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:10 pm 
I'm finally not a No0b

Mockingbird wrote:
EvangelineWalker wrote:

*grins hugely* That comment up there made my day. =)

*nods* Yes, I agree... I'm wishing that they would explore that a bit more. I have some theories, but they're rather vague and definitely not canon. =P Ah, well.

:D I'm happy to have made your day!! :D

It would be nice if they would explore it more, but it's not likely they'll go back to something that far in the past. But if your theories aren't canon, you could always write a fanfiction!

I actually wrote one myself because this was bugging me. Though I'm not totally satisfied with the result. I wrote it 'in the present' rather than going back into the past and writing what happened. Maybe you could do this! :) I'd love to read it if you did. :)

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:15 pm 
A Grieving Renegade

EvangelineWalker wrote:

:D I'm happy to have made your day!! :D

It would be nice if they would explore it more, but it's not likely they'll go back to something that far in the past. But if your theories aren't canon, you could always write a fanfiction!

I actually wrote one myself because this was bugging me. Though I'm not totally satisfied with the result. I wrote it 'in the present' rather than going back into the past and writing what happened. Maybe you could do this! :) I'd love to read it if you did. :)

True, true... I should do that, when I have salvageable brain cells again... And I'd be happy to have you read it! ^_^ I'd love to read yours. =D

Offline Profile  

Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:27 pm 
I'm finally not a No0b

Mockingbird wrote:

True, true... I should do that, when I have salvageable brain cells again... And I'd be happy to have you read it! ^_^ I'd love to read yours. =D

"salvageable brain cells"-- I know how that is. :) I actually wrote this one because I thought it would be a 'break' from a longer story. But this, basically my first fanfiction, was more intense and involved than I thought it would be.

It's on fanfiction.net: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8758487/1/Fallout

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:57 am 
A Grieving Renegade

*pounceclick* =D Ooh! I'll send you my thoughts in a PM so we don't derail the thread too badly. ;)

Offline Profile  

[ 12 posts ]