[ 10 posts ] 
 Post Post subject: Idea for a Book
Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 1:31 am 
Blissfully Oblivious

Cash: 26.30
For the last week or so, an idea for a new novel has been floating in my head. Please critique! The story is still in the brainstorming phase, so feel free to point out the plot holes and all The Hunger Games similarities.

WARNING: This novel contains rape and homosexuality. Please read at your own risk, young users.

In the future, half of the population is homosexual and struggling to obtain equal rights. Their movement for equality is met with brutal opposition and a war is ignited. The homosexuals win and their lesbian leader bitterly decrees that the entire population is to be homosexual. Through soy concoctions and brainwashing techniques, the other half of the heterosexual population becomes homosexual. Anyone who objects to this conversion is exterminated. Those who are not affected by the brainwashing are also put to death, although many fake a change in sexuality and silently attempt to blend in with the new society by partnering off with their own sex. Anyone who reports a suspected heterosexual is rewarded while the criminal is jailed and brainwashed and then put to death if brainwashing fails.

Hundreds of years following the establishment of this new civilization, the number of Earth's inhabitants has significantly declined. Instead of a booming 10 billion, only a few million exist. What little population remains is the result of artificial insemination since intercourse is forbidden. Every artificial insemination is carefully recorded by the government. Any birth that is unrecorded is assumed to the product of a heterosexual relationship and the mother and child are quickly done away with.

In this society, social class is determined by one's level of attractiveness and a sperm from an attractive individual is more costly. Likewise, it is more expensive to have exquisite woman carry one's child. Thus, the lower class is homely while the upper class is dazzling. From this social classification, a new and elite group emerges. Lavish women are paid outrageous wages to carry children for wealthy, gay couples, such as politicians, lawyers, physicians and entertainment stars. These women are the equivalent of today's Hollywood starlets.

One of these women is named Lydia. She and her lesbian partner have three children, a son and two daughters. Lydia has signed a contract with a powerful politician to be injected with one of his sperms and carry a child for him and his partner.

Taking along her daughter, Cosette, Lydia travels to a metropolis to be inseminated.The night before this procedure is to take place, Lydia and her daughter retire at a luxurious hotel. One of the hotel attendants is a closeted heterosexual and mad with lust. Suicidal and bewitched by Lydia's beauty, he breaks into her room during the night and ties up Cosette before raping her mother. Knowing he will face a gruesome execution for his crime, he commits suicide. The authorities send the traumatized Lydia home and she never receives the procedure.

Months later, she learns that she is pregnant with the hotel attendant's child. She confronts her partner with the news and proposes to kill the baby. Lydia's partner persuades her not to abort, reasoning that the politician and his partner are still expecting a child from her, a child that they have agreed to pay millions for.

Seven months later, Lydia gives birth to a girl. The couple arrives to collect her. However, when reviewing records, they discover that Lydia never underwent her scheduled procedure and conclude the child must be the product of a heterosexual relationship. Not wanting a child who has the potential to be heterosexual like her parents, they refuse to adopt her and report Lydia to the authorities. The authorities, aware of Lydia's powerful standing and also of her traumatizing rape, are hesitant to take legal action against her and kill her child. Instead, they allow her to keep the baby, on the condition that she will be closely monitored, should she turn out to be a heterosexual like her father.

Saddled with the unwanted child, Lydia returns home where she and her partner are unsure of what to do with the nuisance. Realizing that they won't be able to sell the baby, they finally decide to kill her. However, their servant, Patrick, (who is ordered to do away with the child) begs for her life. He reasons that he and his partner could never afford to hire a woman to carry a child for them and that this girl could be their miracle child. The women agree and Patrick takes the child back to his partner in their quarters where they name the girl Miriam.

Miriam is raised as a servant, serving her own mother and half-siblings. While Lydia's two children, Silas and Sybil, were too young at the time of Miriam's birth to realize that she is their sister, Cosette is fully aware of this relation. Scarred by witnessing her mother's rape, Cosette vows to make Miriam's life a living hell. Along with her mother, they physically and mentally abuse Miriam at every available opportunity.

As a teenager, Miriam is beautiful like her mother and her elite class. Suspicious, Miriam continually asks her father of her mother's identity. These questions are always met with a vague response. Meanwhile, Sybil is attracted to her gorgeous half-sister, unaware that they share the same mother.

Simultaneously, Silas becomes engaged to a famous actor, Gabriel Henshall. However, Gabriel is a closeted heterosexual. Miriam, who is also secretly not homosexual, develops feelings for him. Eventually, the two confess feelings for one another and quietly manage a relationship.

When Gabriel visits Silas, Sybil notices Miriam's attraction to Gabriel. Gabriel leaves for a week to work on a film. Jealous and repulsed by her heterosexuality, Sybil rapes Miriam once they are alone, in an attempt to "make her gay like normal people." During this attack, Sybil mocks her upper-class beauty. Meanwhile, Cosette accidentally stumbles upon this assault and while Miriam begs for mercy, Cosette walks away as if she saw nothing, believing that Miriam’s rape is poetic justice for the pain that her father inflicted upon her mother.

A scarred Miriam retreats to the servants’ quarters, haunted by Sybil’s remarks about her privileged looks. After spending a few days recovering in bed, Miriam goes to the court house to search for her birth records, but discovers that they are mysteriously missing. She returns home and confronts her parents, who finally reveal the circumstances surrounding her birth and her mother’s identity.

A shocked Miriam shares this information with Gabriel during one of their secret midnight meetings when he returns from his trip. She also tells him that Sybil has raped her. Enraged, Gabriel slips into the house and strangles Sybil while she sleeps. He then collects Miriam and they run away into the night. During this escape, Gabriel reveals to her that he had not been away working on a film, but had gone to work with a secret underground network of heterosexuals. These heterosexuals, he explains, are planning a movement for equal rights.

The two eventually arrive at the headquarters and participate in the planning of the movement and
eventually the movement itself.

That’s all I have so far. Let me know if the story if good enough to further invest any more time or if it sounds just like The Hunger Games, except with homosexuals.

Last edited by Over the Rainbow on Tue May 22, 2012 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject: Re: Idea for a Book
Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:51 am 
Catspaw knows all
I'm going to stop living for God and start living with Him.

Cash: 149.53
Blog: View Blog (16)
Interesting Idea, but I have one question: What will this teach the readers? A good story is necessary for a book, but the story should not be pointless. It should have a point. Just something to think about.
About the story itself: It looks interesting, though I don't know if I would read it. I assume this would be an adult book?

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 3:42 pm 
i haz xpirenancee!!1
Oh Anna Sun

Cash: 4.50
Bank: 10,100.00
Blog: View Blog (25)
Well this sounds. .interesting. *blinks*

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 5:33 pm 
Country Girl
Country Girl
Passed her drivers test! Whoop!

Cash: 234.86
Bank: 4,909.61
Blog: View Blog (1)
It seems like an interesting idea, the subject matter is... interesting. It would probably be a pretty mature book.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:39 pm 
Whittier than you
Whittier than you
SnC. I miss you!

Cash: 781.26
Bank: 0.00
I think that this is a book every child should read because it teaches equality for all people, not just homosexuals.

Humor alert: The above comment was made in jest

I think that it was interesting, but not as the way everyone else thought it to be. You can tell just by everybody's-who called it interesting-backgrounds that they were put off and thought it was wrong. While I think homosexuality is wrong, the story itself was intriguing. :yes:

I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.

#FOREVERKITTY

Last edited by Whitty Whit on Tue May 22, 2012 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:58 pm 
I love the \:D/ smiley
Where have all the homeschool kids gone?

Cash: 255.00
Bank: 0.00
I want to write a book losely inspired by Hunger Games too! It's called "And Everyone Died."

Offline Profile  

Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:05 pm 
Country Girl
Country Girl
Passed her drivers test! Whoop!

Cash: 234.86
Bank: 4,909.61
Blog: View Blog (1)
No, I think it's an interesting story idea, I just personally probably wouldn't read it.

I had a similar story idea actually, it was with blond haired, blue eyed people though, instead of homosexuals.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Wed May 23, 2012 5:51 am 
A Beautiful Gem
"I'm a work in progress, and progress hurts." - Anna Akana

Cash: 32.78
Bank: 1,335.00
It sounds like a very interesting idea. I would probably consider reading it.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Wed May 23, 2012 12:46 pm 
i haz xpirenancee!!1
Oh Anna Sun

Cash: 4.50
Bank: 10,100.00
Blog: View Blog (25)
Whitty Whit wrote:
I think that this is a book every child should read because it teaches equality for all people, not just homosexuals.

Humor alert: The above comment was made in jest

I think that it was interesting, but not as the way everyone else thought it to be. You can tell just by everybody's-who called it interesting-backgrounds that they were put off and thought it was wrong. While I think homosexuality is wrong, the story itself was intriguing. :yes:

How did you read my mind and know everything? :noway:

For what you said is not true, as long as it has a point. .isn't graphic. .and has woke kind of moral, I'd probably read it.

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Wed May 23, 2012 1:09 pm 
Blissfully Oblivious

Cash: 26.30
Astronomer wrote:
Interesting Idea, but I have one question: What will this teach the readers? A good story is necessary for a book, but the story should not be pointless. It should have a point. Just something to think about.
About the story itself: It looks interesting, though I don't know if I would read it. I assume this would be an adult book?

The protagonist is a teenager and I'm also only 17, so I think it would actually be a young adult work. Although I'm considering raising Miriam's age to create as much distance between her and Katniss as possible because I was told by my sister that there are some extreme similarities between this book and The Hunger Games.

As for this moral, Whitty Whit is correct. This piece is to teach equality. I'm writing this to make a political statement because I do not think the government has any business regulating one's sexuality. While it may seem that I'm demonizing homosexuals in this piece, I'm actually drawing parallels to their current struggles and sympathizing with their persecution.

The brainwashing is portraying the ludicrousness of man's attempt to change a homosexual's sexual orientation through technology. You cannot change a human's sexual attraction. Heterosexuals are born heterosexuals and homosexuals are born homosexuals. Very seldom does that change and when it does, this change only occurs on one's own accord.

Also, the rape of Miriam to "make her lesbian" is paralleling the sexual assaults on many homosexuals today, in an attempt to make them "straight like normal people."

Offline Profile  

[ 10 posts ]