Mindless Musings

Showcase your creations! Art, Fanfiction, Poetry, Movies, Audio, it all goes in here!

Mindless Musings

Postby InsanityPerk » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:17 pm

THE WORDSMITH

Words are your forte. You hide behind them.
You weave together your armor with chain-linked symbols
You hammer your steel sword in the fires of truth
You build walls on a solid foundation of definitions
Though the windows are loopholes of textual variations.

Something To Remember

You cannot please everyone
A choice must be made
Between Man and God
Between Emotion and Reason
Between Mercy and Justice
Between Law and Faith
When one lives in
“Either/or” instead of Gray.
I don’t know what I’m doing!
InsanityPerk

Cash on hand: 21.08

Re: Mindless Musings

Postby Catspaw » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:10 pm

Both of these poems sound like they could be very personal. Did you write these for an assignment, out of a love for poetry, or some combination? I liked your careful word choice in the first poem, with vocabulary that creates images in the reader's mind (or at least this reader's mind) ;) and the way you use juxtaposition in the second poem. After reading "Something to Remember" a second time, I was struck both by the contrast and how the ending (the last two lines) really changes the way the poem could be interpreted. I don't think we always have to choose mercy over justice or justice over mercy, but that there can be lots of room in the middle to find a godly blend of both, but with the ending "when one lives..." it made me think of times in my life where I did live with less room for that middle ground. Your poem made me think, and to me, that's a sign of an interesting poem! :D

(Just so there's no misunderstandings, please note that I'm not saying that everything has to be wishy-washy with middle ground - there are absolutes in this world. But not everything has to be either/or. There is room for both/and in some cases.)
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Catspaw

Cash on hand: 6,567.89
Bank: 1,958.31

Return to Inventor's Corner