[ 7 posts ] 
 Post Post subject: A story I'm compiling
Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:05 pm 
I love the ToO!

Cash: 0.00
Jimmy was not an usual person. In fact he was rather peculiar. On some days he would be agreeable. On others, he was a real pain in the neck. All aside, he was a gloomy sort of guy, always looking on the downside of things. His depressing disposition made his life miserable for him, and most often than not, others. Though he never seemed to notice, his life had a profound impact on other people. So one day in the middle of September, he was trudging along on the way to the store to do some errands for his mother. He was just rounding a corner when he heard the yelp of a dog down an alley to his right. He was curious what it was about, considering that his town had ordinances against leaving unleashed dogs. He walked over to the alley and peered around a soggy box. In a shadow, a dark figure was dragging a large puppy into a garbage bin. The dog was growling and yelping as the stranger struggled to pull the dog over the lip of the bin. Jimmy, in a disagreeable mood, first sided with the stranger. He, not being an animal person, thought that the dog must have done something terrible to be treated this way. But in a split second, he changed his mind. How dare someone do this! He balled his fist and ran towards the man. Unfortunately he didn’t see the slimy sheet of plastic and he plunged headlong. The man was startled and froze, before heaving the dog into the bin and slipping into the shadows. Jimmy picked himself off the ground and brushed the grime off his jacket. He looked around, trying to find the man, but the stranger had disappeared. Jimmy walked over to the garbage bin and looked into the smelly container. The puppy, an oversized grey dog, whimpered. That did it for Jimmy. He leapt over the metal side and stepped over the springy rubbish to get to the cowering dog. To be continued...

I started this story not too long ago and I'm posting to see if anyone thinks I should keep on going...

I have to, unfortunately. -_-

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:54 pm 
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin

Cash: 5,697.71
Bank: 1,958.31
It's an interesting start! :D I look forward to seeing what you do with the rest of the story!

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:55 pm 
I love the ToO!

Sorry for taking so long for an update...school has been eating up my time.

The dog was extremely underfed and looked like it could eat a cow, so Jimmy decided to find something for the dog to eat.
He went to the butcher shop, hoping that the butcher had some left-over meat. “Hi Mr. Brukowerst”, said Jimmy. “Oh, hi” said the butcher, “What can I do you for? Does your mother want any more beef for her family?” “No.” said Jimmy, “I was wondering if you had any scraps.” “Putting anymore raw meat in the next door neighbor’s mailbox?” Mr. Brukowerst inquired wryly. “Actually, no.” said Jimmy a bit embarrassed, “I found a dog that looks like it could use some food.” “Why sure,” answered the butcher, “I’ll even cook it up for your dog.” “Gee, thanks!” The meat was cooked and Jimmy took it to the ally. The poor dog was still in the trash container and Jimmy slowly walked towards the puppy with his hands in front of him, holding the pieces of meat out. The dog sniffed it and started devouring the scraps. Quite soon they were all gone. “Wow! Five good sized scraps in record time!” commented Jimmy. He scratched the dog’s head. “I hope Mom will let me take you in the house!”
“No! Absolutely no!” affirmed Jimmy’s mom, “This dog will track mud all over the house and will make the place smell like a garbage can!” “But Mom, I’ll clean up after him!” protested Jimmy with a pleading look on his face. “Will you?” Mom looked at him and sighed. “I’ve seen your room and I don’t think so. We’ll talk to your Father, but I go on record saying no.” Jimmy looked at his mom, crestfallen, “But where will he stay until then?” “You can take him to the park or something like that.” His mom ran her fingers through her hair, “I just want to keep the house clean and that dog—“ she said, motioning at the dog through the front window, “—will make that nearly impossible” Jimmy looked down, disappointed, “Yes mom.” He sadly walked onto the front porch and untied the dog from the railing. “I guess we’ll go to the park.” He mumbled to the dog. To be continued...

Now keep in mind that I'm writing totally out of place. I'm not one for emotional animal stories...so lets see where this one ends up. Since I enjoy writing stories with some action...let's just say I'll enjoy where this story will go. Sorry for any spelling or grammatical errors. What's y'all's take on this? Should I keep going?

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:40 pm 
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin

Continue if you want to! It's always good to get writing practice! Editing practice is good, too! :D You have an interesting story so far!

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:55 pm 
I love the ToO!

Catspaw wrote:
Editing practice is good, too! :D

Lol! #-o I wish I had time! Actually I'm sorta getting tired of this story--I wish I had the spare time to work on it. I should have thought twice about posting it. :|

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:56 pm 
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin

I didn't mean to be harsh - your story was still readable, but the more editing you do, the more readable and professional-looking your story will appear. If you don't have time to write this, that's fine - make sure that schoolwork and friends and other important things come first! \:D/

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:11 pm 
I love the ToO!

Catspaw wrote:
...make sure that schoolwork and friends and other important things come first! \:D/

Quite right. :D I was just bemoaning the lack of free time I usually have. I'm just wondering if I'll keep to writing it--I actually wrote this one when I felt inspired to take a break from writing action-packed stories. I'm now seeing that I really don't have the inspiration coming my way on the subject I'm writing on. For goodness sake...I don't even have a pet! :anxious: lol Well, I'll see if I'll find the time (and inspiration) to continue.

Offline Profile  

[ 7 posts ]