[ 5236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 258, 259, 260, 261, 262
 Post Post subject: Re: What books are you reading?
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:25 pm 
Climbing the Ladder

Cash: 116.88
Bank: 5,509.09
I finished The Lost Castle, excellent book. Up next for me is A Plain Leaving by Leslie Gould. It is the first book in her Sisters of Lancaster County trilogy.

Offline Profile  

Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:43 pm 
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin

Cash: 6,873.87
Bank: 1,958.31
Petrichor wrote:
Catspaw wrote:
I just started "Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus: A Devout Muslim Encounters Christianity" by Nabeel Qureshi. It's an autobiography of sorts about how the author, a devout Muslim, started asking questions, encountered Jesus, and became a Christian. I've heard that it's an interesting read and I'm looking forward to reading about the journey!

That's literally sitting on my bookshelf right now! I've heard really good things about it, too, but I haven't had a chance to read it yet because of school. I guess I should get around to it since I think it's due back at the library in a couple of weeks!

Oops, somehow I missed seeing your post until now! I hope you read it, or else take it out from the library again, because it's well worth the read!

I just finished "Merciless" by Tamara Leigh, a new inspiration medieval romance. I really enjoy her books!

I am reading 'Evidence Not Seen" by Darlene Deibler Rose. She was a missionary in some of the remote islands the Japanese conquered during WWII and her faith both prior to the war and especially during the war in a POW camp is very inspirational.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:35 pm 
Climbing the Ladder

I finished The Best of Intentions. Wonderful book even though there was a character I didn't like. Up next for me is The Accidental Guardian by Mary Connealy. It is the first book in her Hight Sierra Sweethearts trilogy. 

Offline Profile  

Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:03 pm 
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin

I'm planning to read that Mary Connealy series too, Laurie. I actually have the first two books and haven't gotten around to reading them yet, so by now I'm waiting for the third one to be out so I can read the whole series together. I always enjoy her books, so I know it will be worth the read!

I just started "The Lieutenant's Bargain" by Regina Jennings. It's book two in her Fort Reno series, and so far it has her trademark humour and the start of what should be a great story!

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:08 pm 
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)
grins bigly. Grins are contagious, you know! =D

Cash: 147.30
Bank: 0.00
Blog: View Blog (1)
I mostly listen to audiobooks these days with littles underfoot, but I just finished "Ender's Game" by Orson Scott Card. It was pretty fantastic. I'm listening through the Harry Potter books again, too. I actually read the book "The Gospel Comes with a Housekey" by Rosaria Butterfield, which I highly recommend. Well, I've almost finished it. I'm in the conclusion... And I'm reading "Loving the Little Years" which I was gifted at Christmas. So... finding ways to get some books into my life again! \:D/

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:09 pm 
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin

Audiobooks are great! I'm so glad you're finding ways to sneak books (that don't have pictures on every page) ;) into your busy life, JIA! (Plus it's awesome just to see that you found time to come by and post!) :D I love to listen to audiobooks during my commute and I'm currently listening to "The Protector" by Dee Henderson. I've read the book before and i'm still loving listening to the audiobook.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:43 am 
I guess I'll stick around
Being Cool

Cash: 1,733.32
Bank: 0.00
I just finished Six of Crows and Crooked Kingdom. Both incredible books

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:55 am 
Climbing the Ladder

I finished The Accidental Guardian, wonderful book. Up next for me is Of Fire and Lions by Mesu Andrews.

Offline Profile  

Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:08 pm 
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin

Good to hear - the next book I'm reading is "The Accidental Guardian"! I'm looking forward to it.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:24 pm 
Climbing the Ladder

Enjoy Catspaw!! The third book in the trilogy The Unexpected Champion is available online when you are ready. You would have to check your Christian bookstore to see if it is available retail as there are no Christian bookstores in my area.

I finished Of Fire and Lions, excellent book!! I highly recommend it. Up next for me is The Captivating Lady Charlotte by Carolyn Miller. It is the second book in her Regency Brides: Legacy of Grace trilogy.

Last edited by Laurie on Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Offline Profile  

Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:41 pm 
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin

I just got the third one! I started the first book and I'm looking forward to the whole series. Mary Conneally's books are usually connected enough that I think I enjoy them more when I can read them close together.

I also started reading "Faking Grace" by Tamara Leigh because I took it out from the library and feel the time pressure to read it now! I've read it before but not for years, and remember it being a good one. So far the beginning has not disappointed!

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:30 am 
Climbing the Ladder

I'm currently reading The Hope Jar by Wanda E. Brunstetter. It is the first book in her The Prayer Jars trilogy/series. Very good so far.

Offline Profile  

Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:34 pm 
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin

I finished "The Accidental Guardian" and am about to start the second book in the series, "The Reluctant Warrior." I'm really looking forward to it! Mary Conneally has such a way with words!

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:13 pm 
Climbing the Ladder

I finished The Hope Jar, excellent book! Up next for me is Justice Delayed by Patricia Bradley. This is the first book in her Memphis Cold Case series. First time reading this author.

Last edited by Laurie on Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:19 pm 
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin

I used to love Patricia Bradley's books, but I haven't read her more recent books. I hope you enjoy the one you're reading, Laurie!

I've moved on to the third book in my series, "The Unexpected Champion." Mary Connealy really knows how to throw the reader right into an exciting story!

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:05 am 
Climbing the Ladder

I finished Justice Delayed. Pretty good, it did not have the suspense I was hoping for until the last two chapters but it kept me turning the pages. Up next for me is The Heart Between Us by Lindsay Harrel, first time reading this author.

Offline Profile  

[ 5236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 258, 259, 260, 261, 262