What books are you reading?

In the same vein as movie/music threads...

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished The King's Mercy, very good. Up next for me is Lady Jayne Disappears by Joanna Davidson Politano, first time reading this author.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm reading "The Way of Letting Go" by Wilma Derksen. It's non-fiction and written by a woman whose daughter was murdered in 1984 and her journey of forgiveness, with some principles that apply to a variety of traumatic situations. It's a very moving story so far, and I knew before I even started that it wouldn't wrap up neatly from a point of earthly justice, making her faith through decades of wondering and years of trials and retrials all the more amazing.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished Lady Jayne Disappears. Awesome book, I highly recommend it. Up next for me is A Harvest of Hope by Lauraine Snelling. It is the second book in her Song of Blessing series.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm reading "Love Does" by Bob Goff. It's hilarious - he has such a way with words that I actually had to stop reading and wipe my eyes because I was laughing so hard! He also packs a lot of truth in about loving others and loving God.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished The Ladies of Ivy Cottage last night, wonderful book!! Up next for me is All Manner of Things by Susie Finkbeiner, first time reading this author.
Last edited by Laurie on Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm reading "Never Say Die: The Story of David Yone Mo and the Myanmar Young Crusaders" by Douglas Hsu. It's a fascinating biography about one man's journey from years of drug addiction to a miraculous healing leading him to Jesus to helping tons of other people in Myanmar/Burma. I'm not quite done yet. I would definitely recommend it!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I'm reading The Timepiece by Beverly Lewis. It is the sequel to The Tinderbox and picks up right where The Tinderbox ended. Very good so far.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I just started reading a biography of George Mueller published in 1941. I know a bit about him and thought his biography would be well worth a read!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished The Timepiece, wonderful book. Up next for me is The British Are Coming by Rick Atkinson. This is the first (non fiction) book in a trilogy about the American Revolution.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

That sounds really interesting, Laurie!

I started "Sixty Acres and a Bride" by Regina Jennings last night. I read it years ago and decided to read it again.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished The British Are Coming, very good book. Now I have to wait for the next book in the trilogy. Up next for me is Dark Ambitions by Irene Hannon. It is the third and final book in her Code of Honor trilogy.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm reading "Love in the Balance" by Regina Jennings. I read it years ago and actually don't remember it very well, so it's been fun!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished Dark Ambitions, excellent book. Up next for me is With This Pledge by Tamera Alexander. It is the first book in her Carnton trilogy/series. 
Last edited by Laurie on Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Tamera Alexander is such a great author! :D

I'm reading "Maniac Magee" by Jerry Spinelli. I read it many years ago and it's such a great book that I'm so glad that I decided to read it again.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I just finished With This Pledge, I loved it!! Up next for me is No Ocean Too Wide by Carrie Turansky.
Last edited by Laurie on Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Nice! No Ocean Too Wide looks really interesting. I'd like to read it one day.

I'm about to start "Caught in the Middle" by Regina Jennings. I read it years ago but don't really remember it well.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished No Ocean Too Wide, excellent book. Up next for me is Jerusalem's Queen by Angela Hunt. It is the third book in her Silent Years series.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I read the first one in the Silent Years series but not the other ones. I'll have to find them. You have great taste in books, Laurie. :D

I'm reading "The Walls are Talking" by Abby Johnson. It's very interesting, though not an easy read.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished Jerusalem's Queen, excellent book. I highly recommend Angela Hunt. Up next for me is The Bride of Ivy Green by Julie Klassen. It is the third and sadly final book in her Tales From Ivy Hill trilogy. 
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm starting "The Holiday Courtship" by Winnie Griggs. I really enjoy her books and recently realized that I have a few of her books sitting around unread, so I'm going to remedy that situation!