What books are you reading?

In the same vein as movie/music threads...

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished The Best of Intentions. Wonderful book even though there was a character I didn't like. Up next for me is The Accidental Guardian by Mary Connealy. It is the first book in her Hight Sierra Sweethearts trilogy. 
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm planning to read that Mary Connealy series too, Laurie. I actually have the first two books and haven't gotten around to reading them yet, so by now I'm waiting for the third one to be out so I can read the whole series together. I always enjoy her books, so I know it will be worth the read!

I just started "The Lieutenant's Bargain" by Regina Jennings. It's book two in her Fort Reno series, and so far it has her trademark humour and the start of what should be a great story!
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

I mostly listen to audiobooks these days with littles underfoot, but I just finished "Ender's Game" by Orson Scott Card. It was pretty fantastic. I'm listening through the Harry Potter books again, too. I actually read the book "The Gospel Comes with a Housekey" by Rosaria Butterfield, which I highly recommend. Well, I've almost finished it. I'm in the conclusion... And I'm reading "Loving the Little Years" which I was gifted at Christmas. So... finding ways to get some books into my life again! \:D/
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Audiobooks are great! I'm so glad you're finding ways to sneak books (that don't have pictures on every page) ;) into your busy life, JIA! (Plus it's awesome just to see that you found time to come by and post!) :D I love to listen to audiobooks during my commute and I'm currently listening to "The Protector" by Dee Henderson. I've read the book before and i'm still loving listening to the audiobook.
Monty_Whittaker
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Monty_Whittaker »

I just finished Six of Crows and Crooked Kingdom. Both incredible books
Resident JRPG nut
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished The Accidental Guardian, wonderful book. Up next for me is Of Fire and Lions by Mesu Andrews.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Good to hear - the next book I'm reading is "The Accidental Guardian"! I'm looking forward to it.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Enjoy Catspaw!! The third book in the trilogy The Unexpected Champion is available online when you are ready. You would have to check your Christian bookstore to see if it is available retail as there are no Christian bookstores in my area.

I finished Of Fire and Lions, excellent book!! I highly recommend it. Up next for me is The Captivating Lady Charlotte by Carolyn Miller. It is the second book in her Regency Brides: Legacy of Grace trilogy.
Last edited by Laurie on Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I just got the third one! I started the first book and I'm looking forward to the whole series. Mary Conneally's books are usually connected enough that I think I enjoy them more when I can read them close together.

I also started reading "Faking Grace" by Tamara Leigh because I took it out from the library and feel the time pressure to read it now! I've read it before but not for years, and remember it being a good one. So far the beginning has not disappointed!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I'm currently reading The Hope Jar by Wanda E. Brunstetter. It is the first book in her The Prayer Jars trilogy/series. Very good so far.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I finished "The Accidental Guardian" and am about to start the second book in the series, "The Reluctant Warrior." I'm really looking forward to it! Mary Conneally has such a way with words!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished The Hope Jar, excellent book! Up next for me is Justice Delayed by Patricia Bradley. This is the first book in her Memphis Cold Case series. First time reading this author.
Last edited by Laurie on Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I used to love Patricia Bradley's books, but I haven't read her more recent books. I hope you enjoy the one you're reading, Laurie!

I've moved on to the third book in my series, "The Unexpected Champion." Mary Connealy really knows how to throw the reader right into an exciting story!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished Justice Delayed. Pretty good, it did not have the suspense I was hoping for until the last two chapters but it kept me turning the pages. Up next for me is The Heart Between Us by Lindsay Harrel, first time reading this author.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm reading "Ladies of Intrigue" by Michelle Griep. It has three historical novellas in it, and I've read the first one so far. She's a great author, so even with a shorter novella format, the story was very good!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I just finished Shelter of the Most High, excellent book. Up next for me is The Sky Above Us by Sarah Sundin. It is the second book in her Sunrise at Normandy trilogy.The only :( part about this is the third and final book does not come out until next year. ](*,)
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

It's so hard to wait, especially for the last book in a series!

I'm reading "When God Doesn't Fix It" by Laura Story. It's a really interesting non-fiction book. I would highly recommend it! Laura Story shares about the experiences her and her husband have gone through with medical issues and short-term memory loss, and draws devotional themes out of it.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished The Sky Above Us, wonderful book! Now the wait for book 3 begins.:cry: Up next for me is The Love Letter by Rachel Hauck.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I just started "The Weaver's Daughter" by Sarah E. Ladd. I've enjoyed her other books, so I'm hoping this one is good as well.
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

I just started reading the Mistborn trilogy. Sanderson puts out an unbelievable amount of content, so if I end up liking his work, it provides me with a lot of fantasy reading material.
"And the fire with all the strength it hath."