What books are you reading?

In the same vein as movie/music threads...

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I'm reading Where We Belong by Lynn Austin. Very good so far.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I've read a few books over the last week, but the last one was "A Chance at Forever" by Melissa Jagears. It was okay, but I mostly read it because it was the third book in a trilogy. I enjoyed her earlier books more than this last series. Maybe it's just me.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished Harp on the Willow by B. J. Hoff, very good. I should have read her Emerald Balllad series first though, figured that out when it was too late to stop. Currently reading Travail and Triumph. It is the third book in The Russians by Michael Phillips and Judith Pella. I am really enjoying this series.
Last edited by Laurie on Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I hate it when I realize that I was reading something in the wrong order! It's hard because it isn't always clearly marked in such a way that you know something else comes first.

I'm just starting "The Dishonorable Miss DeLancey" by Carolyn Miller. It's a Christian Regency romance. The first two were okay but not amazing. I'm more reading it to finish the series than anything. The others weren't bad, just not as good as I was hoping for.
NatetheGreat
Got Pancakes?

Post by NatetheGreat »

I'm currently re-reading Crucial Conversations. It's a book about how to have difficult, emotional, high-stakes conversations with people in an effective way that leads to mutual understanding and doesn't destroy relationships. So good.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I just finished Travail and Triumph, excellent. I am really enjoying The Russians. Up next for me is Colorado Gold by Marian Wells. This is the next book in the Treasure Quest series which I am reading in chronological order.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I read "The Innkeeper's Daughter" by Michell Griep today, and it was great! What a great read! It takes place in 1808 England and references her previous book "Brentwood's Ward," which I also really enjoyed, thought it wouldn't be necessary to read that book to understand this one. Highly recommended!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished Say to This Mountain, excellent. I am done with that trilogy, finally. Up next for me is The View from Rainshadow By by Colleen Coble. First time reading this author.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I started "The Austen Escape" by Katherine Reay, and I'm very intrigued so far! I'm curious as to what is going on between the characters, and looking forward to finding out what happens next!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I'm reading Crisis Shot by Janice Cantore, first time reading this author. Pretty good. Not much romance or suspense which is disappointing. It's keeping me turning the pages though.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm reading "Out of the Frying Pan" by Michelle Griep and Kelly Klepfer. It's quite funny so far! There's a murder at a retirement community with some hilarious old ladies. Good times!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Currently reading Song of the Silent Harp by B. J. Hoff, the first book in her An Emerald Ballad series. This series was first published in the 90s but can be found online.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I just barely started "The Mayflower Bride" by Kimberley Woodhouse. There's an interesting historical note at the beginning, which I always really appreciate!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Currently reading A Refuge Assured by Jocelyn Green. Excellent book.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

That one looks good! I want to read it when I have time.

I'm just starting "The Pirate Bride" by Kathleen Y'Barbo. It looks like fun!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Currently reading The House on Foster Hill by Jaime Jo Wright. contemporary/historical mystery, very good so far.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm reading "More Than Meets The Eye" by Karen Witemeyer. I always enjoy her books, and the start of this one makes me think it will be no exception!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I have "More Than Meets The Eye" in my TBR pile, let me know what you think Catspaw.

I am over halfway through A Name Unknown by Rosanna M. White, it is the first book in her Shadows over England trilogy. Excellent so far. I really enjoy Ms. White's books.
Last edited by Laurie on Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Monty_Whittaker
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Monty_Whittaker »

I am currently reading the Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy series by Arthur Douglas.
Resident JRPG nut
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Laurie, I think you'll really enjoy "More Than Meets the Eye" - move it up on your book pile! :yes:

My brother really enjoyed that series, but I still haven't read it. I hope you enjoy it, Monty!

I am about to start "The Captured Bride" by Michelle Griep. I always enjoy her books, so I'm really looking forward to it! :D