What books are you reading?

In the same vein as movie/music threads...

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Thank you Catspaw, I will!! I just finished A Name Unknown, excellent book. Up next for me is The Eleventh Hour by Michael Phillips. It is the first book in his Secret of the Rose series. This series was first published in the 90s but can be found online.
Last edited by Laurie on Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Let me know what you think! :D

I'm starting "The Awakening" by Tamara Leigh. It's12th century historical fiction. I've been reading a ton the last week and loving it!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished The Eleventh Hour, very good book. There were a few characters that I did not like but the book is set during World War II and it is hard for me to finish a book when there are characters I don't like. Up next for me is The Captain's Daughter by Jennifer Delamere. First time reading this author.
Last edited by Laurie on Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm reading "Long Time Gone" by Mary Conneally. Her books are always good for a few laughs and lots of western action and fun!
Horsegirl
29K to go!

Post by Horsegirl »

I love wings of fire and the new book just came out a little while ago!!
Hello I was going to put a inspirational thing here but couldn't find a thing then I was going to make something up but ran out of ideas so I thought I would just talk and talk till I don't know run out of ink or wait no ink ummm I guess run out of fingers or keys? You should stop reading now because it may talk a long time to run out of ether of those
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I've never read those, Horsegirl, but I've heard they're good!

I'm starting "Too Far Down" by Mary Conneally, the third book in her Cimarron Legacy series. It picks up not too long after the second book ends, and I'm excited to get to the bottom of the mystery that's continued throughout the series!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished The Captain's Daughter, excellent book. Up next for me is A Passionate Hope by Jill Eileen Smith, it is the fourth book in her Daughters of the Promised Land series.
Last edited by Laurie on Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm starting "At Your Request" by Jen Turano. It's the novella that starts her Apart From the Crowd series. Her books are always fun, so I'm looking forward to the whole series! I have them stacked up on my shelf in order just waiting for me. :D
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I am about halfway through Heart of the Lonely Exile by B. J. Hoff, second book in her Emerald Ballad series. I started reading this series after reading Harp on the Willow thinking that Harp on the Willow was the first book in a new trilogy. Found out yesterday from Goodreads that the second book in this new series has been cancelled by the publisher and the next book is not being released until 2019. I'm going to continue reading the Emerald Ballad series as I am enjoying it.
Last edited by Laurie on Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:36 am, edited 8 times in total.
Horsegirl
29K to go!

Post by Horsegirl »

If you look at the Battle of the Books reading list they always have some good ones.
City of ember
Wonder
Fish in a tree
Hoot

Ect....
Hello I was going to put a inspirational thing here but couldn't find a thing then I was going to make something up but ran out of ideas so I thought I would just talk and talk till I don't know run out of ink or wait no ink ummm I guess run out of fingers or keys? You should stop reading now because it may talk a long time to run out of ether of those
GMarchiani
Not as new

Post by GMarchiani »

I am reading "Love Defined" by Kristen Clark & Bethany Baird. Great book for teenage/young adult girls. :)
"Relationships are a series of steps, and you can only take the step that is in front of you."-Eugene Meltsner
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm starting "Behind the Scenes" by Jen Turano. Her books are always good for a lot of laughter!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished Heart of the Lonely Exile last night, very good. Even though I am unhappy about the second book in the new series being cancelled, I'm still enjoying the Emerald Ballad series. I have started A Song Unheard by Roseanna M. White. It is the second book in her Shadows over England trilogy. The third book releases on 9/4. Very good so far.
Last edited by Laurie on Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I started "Out of the Ordinary" by Jen Turano today. The first book in her "Apart from the Crowd" series was really good, so I'm looking forward to the rest of this second book!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished A Song Unheard, excellent book. I cannot wait until the final book releases!! 9/4/18 seems like a very long time to wait although I know it really isn't. Up next for me is Phoebe's Light by Suzanne Woods Fisher. It is the first book in her Nantucket Legacy trilogy.
Last edited by Laurie on Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:12 am, edited 8 times in total.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Waiting for a much-anticipated next book in a series, especially when it's the last in the series, always feels like it takes forever! I feel your pain, Laurie.

I read "The Raveling" by Tamara Leigh today. It was super good, and I love reading great books all in one day, so I had a good day! It's the eighth (and final, at least for now) book in her Age of Faith series, and I think it was my favourite in the series. Now I need to get it to my best friend, who currently has the first seven books in the series that she borrowed from me and will want this one soon!
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

I'm currently reading "Children of Dune" by Frank Herbert. It's the third book in his Dune series. I'm really liking this series. :D
:wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I've heard of those books but they looked a little odd to me. To be fair, I didn't look closely and they didn't look like my typical genres. I'm glad you're enjoying them!

I just started "Caught by Surprise" by Jen Turano. The book starts with the main character being kidnapped, so that's a fun way to dive right into a book!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I just finished Phoebe's Light, excellent book. Up next for me is Hannah's Choice by Jan Drexler. It is the first book in her Journey to Pleasant Prairie trilogy. First time reading this author.
Last edited by Laurie on Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
NatetheGreat
Got Pancakes?

Post by NatetheGreat »

Currently reading Emotional Intelligence by Daniel Goleman. It was released back in 2006 and really popularized the concept of EQ (emotional intelligence) as an important set of skills to a person's overall success and satisfaction in life. Really enjoying listening to the Audible version.