What books are you reading?

In the same vein as movie/music threads...

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

What books are you reading?

Post by Sonuna »

Well, not right now. More like "what books have you been reading recently".

E=mc^2: A Biography of the World's Most Famous Equation, by David Bodanis--great book if you're into physics, and certainly a fairly unique approach.

Romance of the Three Kingdoms (or San Guo Yan Yi, or 三国演意...) by Luo Guanzhong (which I am not spelling in character input method)--around 13th-century Chinese historical fiction. XD It's still a good book, though.

Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien--need I say more?

The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien/Christopher Tolkien--I actually am reading this over again bit by bit as a sleep aid. <_<
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
EugeneFan
OK

Post by EugeneFan »

I just finished reading To Kill a Mockingbird. It was a requirement for school.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

The wheel on the school (I think it's called)
Because of Winn Dixie
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

LovedbyGod wrote:The wheel on the school
What a delightful book! *sighs*

Am reading "The Idiot" by Dosteyevsky. (Not the right spelling...why do people have such hard to spell last names?) It's quite interesting and full of Russian cultcha. \:D/
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I just finished Always in His Keeping (which you probably have never heard of, it was written a long time ago) and now am reading a book called Home Making.
Linne
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Linne »

I've just finished reading my books, so I need to pick some new ones. Maybe I get start getting into "The Silmarillion" now.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I just finished a book called: The Giver

Someone needs to read it so we can talk about it. It's a creepy/social kind of book. Makes you think about how society is now.

I also just finished "Breathing Underwater" which is about a guy that is physically abused by his father and then starts abusing his girl friend (being controlling at first and then hitting her) and gets ordered to take a anger/abusive managment class or something and he finally sees what he's been doing. Anyway, it was an ok book. Bad language though.

Anything by Frank Peretti rocks too. ANyone reading MOnster?
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I'm reading White, the last in Ted Dekker's Circle Trilogy... then I'll probably read Frank Peretti's newest novel.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Last night (actually, early this morning ;) ), I finished reading A Quarter For a Kiss by Mindy Starns Clark. It's the fourth book in a series that has money in all the titles. I can't wait to read the next one, because the end left me with a cliffhanger of sorts, and know I want to know more details about what somebody said! The other books were pretty good too: A Penny For Your Thoughts, Don't Take Any Wooden Nickels, A Dime a Dozen, the one I just finished, and then the next one that I want to read is The Buck Stops Here. I'm guessing that the fifth book will be the last one, unless she switches to Canadian money and includes a twoonie book. :D
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Right now I am reading a History book for a few weeks ago (we got it in the mail after the History week it was for). It is called "Almost Home." By Wendy Lawton. It is a pretty easy read, besides that she uses words that they used in the colonial days. Thankfully in the back she has a mini Dictionary of the words she used!
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

I am currently reading "The Solitary Envoy" by T. Davis Bunn, "Authentic Beauty" by Leslie Ludy, "2 Die 4" by Ryan Dobson, and a bunch of school books.
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien \:D/

More specifically, The Return of the King.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
beka8910
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by beka8910 »

I'm reading many books. My favorite is The Tale of Two Cities
Sarah
Someone's favorite

Post by Sarah »

I'm reading...

A series of unfortunate events: book the third (the wide window)

:)

Sarah
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

Right now

What's So amazing about Grace by Phillip Yancey (again)
Blood Covenant by Michael Frenzese (spelling)
1 Corinthians
Monster by Frank Peretti
The Negotiator by Dee Henderson (again)
Antony and Cleopatra by Shakespeare (for school)

Starting soon
Fresh Faith by Jim Cymbala (again)
plus a couple of books by Brother Andrew
Richard III by Shakespeare (for school)

I'm sure there are more, but that's all I remember right now.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I'm now reading Piercing the Darkness and The Magic Bicycle (the first in the Spirit Flyer series.)
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Linne
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Linne »

Anne of Green Gables
Picking and choosing my favorite Janette Oke books, now that I finished the Love Comes Softly series.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Way to go, Bearliz - I'm re-reading through the LOve Comes Softly series right now! I'm about halfway through the last one, Love Finds a Home. I hadn't read any of them for a couple years, and then really wanted to. I love those books! They're fun to read, yet not entirely fluff. There are real issues and characters that you can relate to, as well as interesting storylines.

Recently I've been reading Peanuts comic books. :anxious: I don't know if comics count as a book, but I've really been into them lately. I didn't use to really like Peanuts, but a few months ago I started to develop a deeper appreciation for them. The president of the Bible college that I attend like to joke that Charles Schultz is his favourite theologian, but to a certain extent, I can see how that could be true. They're also just fun sometimes! \:D/
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Ever read "The Gospel According to the Peanuts"? ;)
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

EB's Antagonizer wrote:Ever read "The Gospel According to the Peanuts"? ;)
I haven't, but it sounds like a good one! ;)