What books are you reading?

In the same vein as movie/music threads...

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Thanks Catspaw. I loved that little store and will miss it. :( I still have bookstores and my online sources. I finished Deadly Encounter, very good. I am now reading The Confession by Beverly Lewis. It is the second book in her The Heritage of Lancaster County trilogy. I have to finish this trilogy before I can finish another series that is set in the same place.
Last edited by Laurie on Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm glad you still have other good ways to get books!

I'm on to the third book in the Age of Faith series by Tamara Leigh, "The Redeeming." I just started, but it actually starts prior to the end of the second book. I could tell by the end of the third book that part of the story would probably happen concurrently with events from the second book. I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the book to find out how everything unfolds. :D
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Found out on Saturday that Family Christian Store is going away, all 240 stores.:( I finished The Confession by Beverly Lewis, very good. Up next for me is Messenger by Moonlight by Stephanie Grace Whitson.
Last edited by Laurie on Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm reading book four in Tamara Leigh's Age of Faith series, "The Kindling." It's a great continuation to the series so far!

I'm also reading the young reader's edition (just because that's what I had easy access to) of "The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind." It's really good so far - the true story of a boy from Malawi who built a windmill to harness electricity in an area where almost nobody had electricity, and those who did were subject to regular outages. The story is told very well, with a wonderful voice that makes you feel like you're right there with this kid, hearing him tell his story. Good stuff! I'm not done yet, but I'm looking forward to reading more.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I'm half way through Dawn at Emberwilde by Sarah E. Ladd, the second book in her Treasures of Surrey trilogy. Very good so far.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I liked that one, more than the first book I think. I actually preferred her previous series, but this has been pretty good.

I'm finally up to book five in Tamara Leigh's Age of Faith series - "The Longing." The first few chapters have been quite good, and a bit different from other books in the series. I've really enjoyed the series, but I am looking forward to reading something new!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished The Trouble with Patience by Maggie Brendan last night, very good. It had been a while since I read Maggie Brendan. I'm now reading Room for Hope by Kim Vogel Sawyer, very good so far.
Kathy0
OK

Post by Kathy0 »

I am reading The Narnia series AGAIN! :D BEST. BOOKS. EVER. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Parakeet
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Parakeet »

Kathy0 wrote:I am reading The Narnia series AGAIN! :D BEST. BOOKS. EVER. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
YES I love them!!! :yes: :thumbsup: :yay:
Don't you
remember
the SNOWFLAKES.
Kathy0
OK

Post by Kathy0 »

YUP THEY ROCK!
GJ
Pilgrim

Post by GJ »

Parakeet wrote:
Kathy0 wrote:I am reading The Narnia series AGAIN! :D BEST. BOOKS. EVER. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
YES I love them!!! :yes: :thumbsup: :yay:
Wonderful series, mon ami! I don't believe you can read them too many times, and still not feel delight and wonder.

I'm almost finished with The Two Towers by J.R.R Tolkien, amazingly emotional. Frodo is making me cry.
"To know whether truth is actually true or just an imposter, give it some licorice." -Wooton Basset
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

Recently read Half Magic and The Knight's Castle both by Edward Eager. They are so fun to read. I'll probably read the rest of the series soon. But I also feel like reading some Edith Nesbit books as well.
I like chocolate milk. - Cheese
#ForeverKitty
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished Room for Hope, wonderful book. I am now reading Redeeming Grace by Jill Eileen Smith. It is the third book in her Daughters of the Promised Land trilogy.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm quite excited because I just got the newest Sandra Byrd book, "A Lady in Disguise," and couldn't wait to dive in! The first two books in her Daughters of Hampshire series were excellent, and this one has also been very good so far.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Corporate Communication: A Guide to Theory and Practice

love it :inlove:

. .not.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Lizzy88
OK

Post by Lizzy88 »

New book I received for my birthday: The Miracle at Midway
On the Soda Shoppe I am HomeschoolCowgirl. On the Chat I am TheStepHat. Does that help ya?
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished Redeeming Grace, excellent. I LOVE the story of Ruth!! I'm sad to see that trilogy end. Up next for me is The Reckoning by Beverly Lewis. It is the final book in her The Heritage of Lancaster County trilogy.
MonkeyDude
Processing

Post by MonkeyDude »

I'm not really a big reader, but the Wingfeather saga is amazing!
*Finger guns aggressively*
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I haven't heard of that series, MonkeyDude. The name sounds intriguing!

I'm reading "The Reluctant Guardian" by Susanne Dietze. It's historical fiction and takes place in 1817. I haven't read much yet, but it's interesting so far. A spy and a mystery - fun! :D
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I am about halfway through Where She Belongs by Johnnie Alexander. It is the first book in her Misty Willow trilogy.