What books are you reading?

In the same vein as movie/music threads...

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
MonkeyDude
Processing

Post by MonkeyDude »

Catspaw wrote:I haven't heard of that series, MonkeyDude. The name sounds intriguing!
You have to read it!! It's The best book I have ever read!! Of course...I don't read a ton of books sooo......
*Finger guns aggressively*
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished Where She Belongs, pretty good. I am now reading Wild Montana Skies by Susan May Warren. It is the first book in her Montana Rescue series trilogy, very good so far.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

Currently reading a Bio of Stalin. Lots of good tips.
I like this snubs fellow.
General nuisance extraordinaire.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished Wild Montana Skies, very good. Up next is Newton & Polly by Jody Hedlund.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I started reading "After a Fashion" by Jen Turano today. She has a great flair for fun and humour in a historical setting!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished Maggie's War last night, very good. I'm now burning A Note Yet Unsung by Tamera Alexander, it is the third and final book in her Belmont Mansion trilogy.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I want to read "A Note Yet Unsung" soon! I think the library should have it in the near future. Tamera Alexander is such a great author!

I'm reading "In Good Company" by Jen Turano. Chaos is ensuing, with plenty of hilarity to go around! :lol:
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished A Note Yet Unsung, very good. I hope Ms. Alexander starts a new series soon. Up next for me is When Tides Turn by Sarah Sundin, it is the final book in her Waves of Freedom trilogy.
Last edited by Laurie on Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I started "Still Life" by Dani Pettrey. It's okay so far. I like her books, but she has too many perspectives happening at the same time. I like books where you get in the head of more than one character, but she does it too much for my taste.
GJ
Pilgrim

Post by GJ »

I just started the historical fiction novel "Dodger" by Terry Pratchett. I know nothing about the author, yet still happy to push myself into reading something for the fun of it. :D
"To know whether truth is actually true or just an imposter, give it some licorice." -Wooton Basset
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished When Tides Turn, excellent book. The sad part is I have to wait until 2018 for Ms. Sundin's new WWII series.:( Up next for me is Faith of my Fathers by Lynn Austin, it is the fourth book in her Chronicles of the King series.
Last edited by Laurie on Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

It's so hard when you have to wait a long time for the next book in a good series! :mad:

I'm reading a book with three novellas in it: "To Have and To Hold." The reason I bought it is because one of the stories is by Becky Wade, and I really like her books. I haven't read anything by the other authors previously, but I'm done the first story and well into the second one, and they've both been very good so far!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished The Faith of My Fathers last night, more bloody (nothing graphic) than I thought it would be but still very good. I am now reading In Good Company by Jen Turano.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I really liked "In Good Company," Laurie. I hope that you enjoy it as well! :D

I'm just starting "The Elusive Miss Ellison" by Carolyn Miller. It's a regency book that caught my eye on the shelves at my local Christian bookstore the other day. I've never read anything by this author before, so I hope it's good!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished In Good Company last night. It was excellent. Ms. Turano is one of my favorites. I am now reading Love's Faithful Promise by Susan Anne Mason, it is the third and final book in her Courage to Dream trilogy.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm reading Susan May Warren's Montana Fire series right now. They're shorter books, but have her signature storytelling! :D
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished Love's Faithful Promise, excellent book. I will miss that trilogy. Up next for me is A Haven on Orchard Lane by Lawana Blackwell, another one of my favorite authors.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I recently listened to the audiobook of "Nothing But Trouble" by Susan May Warren and was reminded how much I love the PJ Sugar trilogy, so I'm currently reading book two, "Double Trouble." Good times! :D
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Yesterday I finished True to You by Becky Wade, it is the first book in her Bradford Sisters romance trilogy. Excellent. I have added Becky Wade to my list of favorite authors. I am now reading What the Bishop Saw by Vanetta Chapman, it is the first book in her Amish Bishop Mysteries, very good so far.
Last edited by Laurie on Sun May 14, 2017 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I have really enjoyed Becky Wade's books, and I am planning to read True to You soon! :D I'm so glad that you thought so highly of it, Laurie!

I actually had time to read today, so I finished Double Trouble and moved on to Licensed for Trouble, the third book in the PJ Sugar series by Susan May Warren, and just finished that! So good. I enjoy all of Warren's books, but this series is one of my favourites by her.