What books are you reading?

In the same vein as movie/music threads...

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I just finished Room on the Porch Swing, excellent book. Up next for me is The Hideaway by Lauren K. Denton, first time reading this author.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I finished the aforementioned prequel enovella and moved on to the first regularly published book in Kristi Ann Hunter's new Haven Manor series, entitled "A Defense of Honor." I'm enjoying it so far - the beginning is quite intriguing, and I'm pretty sure that one of the minor characters is borrowed from Hunter's previous series, so that's kind of fun.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished The Hideaway, excellent book. Up next for me is Hidden Peril by Irene Hannon, this is the second book in her Code of Honor series/trilogy.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm just started "A Tale of Two Hearts" by Michelle Griep. I'm in the Christmas spirit and really looking forward to reading a fun Christmas story!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

The Chance by Karen Kingsbury.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm about to start reading "Lady of a Thousand Treasures" by Sandra Byrd. I didn't even know she had a new book coming out until I saw it in my local Christian bookstore the other day and I really like her historical fiction, so I bought it. It looks really good!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished The Chance, I loved it!! Up next is Together for Christmas by Katherine Spencer. This is #16 in Thomas Kinkade's Cape Light series.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I recently finished "If I Perish" by Esther Ahn Kim. It's a biography published in 1977 about a Christiam living in Japanese-controlled Korea prior to WWII and her time in and out of prison throughout the war. It is a wonderful story of true faith in God in the midst of very trying circumstances, and I found it both inspirational and sobering. The faith and courage she demonstrates is amazing.
Monty_Whittaker
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Monty_Whittaker »

I'm currently reading Xenocide by Orson Scott Card. Great sequel to Ender's Game and Speaker For the Dead.
Resident JRPG nut
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished Hidden Among the Stars, excellent book. Up next for me is Lady of a Thousand Treasures by Sandra Byrd.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm almost done reading "The Heavenly Man" by Brother Yun. It's an amazing true story of his ministry and repeated imprisionment in China for the terrible crime of preaching God's love. It's full of faith, miracles, and God's faithfulness. I highly recommend it! I had the privilege of hearing Brother Yun speak when he was in Canada last year (through an interpreter) and his story is awe-inspiring, with all the glory going to God.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

The Outsiders - Stephen King

Doctor Who: Twelve Angels Weeping - Dave Rudden
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished A Lady of a Thousand Treasures, excellent book. Up next for me is Who I Am With You by Robin Lee Hatcher.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I just started "Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus: A Devout Muslim Encounters Christianity" by Nabeel Qureshi. It's an autobiography of sorts about how the author, a devout Muslim, started asking questions, encountered Jesus, and became a Christian. I've heard that it's an interesting read and I'm looking forward to reading about the journey!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished Who I am With You last night, excellent book. Up next for me is Holding the Fort by Regina Jennings. New author for me. Very good so far.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I love books by Regina Jennings! I'm glad that you discovered her, Laurie. If you like this book, check out some of her other ones. I've enjoyed all of them! :D
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished Holding the Fort, wonderful book! I will be reading more of Ms. Jennings. Up next for me is The Lost Castle by Kristy Cambron, it is the first book in her Lost Castle trilogy/series.
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

Catspaw wrote:I just started "Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus: A Devout Muslim Encounters Christianity" by Nabeel Qureshi. It's an autobiography of sorts about how the author, a devout Muslim, started asking questions, encountered Jesus, and became a Christian. I've heard that it's an interesting read and I'm looking forward to reading about the journey!
That's literally sitting on my bookshelf right now! I've heard really good things about it, too, but I haven't had a chance to read it yet because of school. I guess I should get around to it since I think it's due back at the library in a couple of weeks!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished The Lost Castle, excellent book. Up next for me is A Plain Leaving by Leslie Gould. It is the first book in her Sisters of Lancaster County trilogy.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Petrichor wrote:
Catspaw wrote:I just started "Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus: A Devout Muslim Encounters Christianity" by Nabeel Qureshi. It's an autobiography of sorts about how the author, a devout Muslim, started asking questions, encountered Jesus, and became a Christian. I've heard that it's an interesting read and I'm looking forward to reading about the journey!
That's literally sitting on my bookshelf right now! I've heard really good things about it, too, but I haven't had a chance to read it yet because of school. I guess I should get around to it since I think it's due back at the library in a couple of weeks!
Oops, somehow I missed seeing your post until now! I hope you read it, or else take it out from the library again, because it's well worth the read!

I just finished "Merciless" by Tamara Leigh, a new inspiration medieval romance. I really enjoy her books!

I am reading 'Evidence Not Seen" by Darlene Deibler Rose. She was a missionary in some of the remote islands the Japanese conquered during WWII and her faith both prior to the war and especially during the war in a POW camp is very inspirational.