Anne of Green Gables (And other works by L.M. Montgomery)

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

I have watched and own all of the movies, and own Radio Theatre's Anne of Green Gables. I really should read the books....shouldn't I?
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

You should definitely read all 8 books! They're great!

If you have trouble getting them through your local library, they're available to read online at no charge! \:D/ Check this site out for the links.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Laura Ingalls wrote:It annoys me so much that they did that with the third movie - why in the world was that neccesary??? Having Gilbert and Anne going to Europe for WWI instead of their son - it makes no sense.
Why in the world did they go to Europe? :-k You're right... that doesn't make much sense. :noway:
Laura Ingalls wrote:That being said, I did enjoy the first video, and can watch the 2nd even though I'm mentally saying "That person is really this person, and this part came from that book, and that part from another...." and so on and so forth. :)
I could go on a long rant about movies not following the book or real-life example that they are taken from. In fact, I think I will rant about A Little Princess. :boohoo: *heads off to make a new thread* :anxious:
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

My sister has most of the books and I've seen the movies. (I don't recommend them.)
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Anne
OK

Post by Anne »

I have enjoyed the books, movies, and the radio theatre. The key is not to read/watch/listen to the different versions close together. If I read the books, than watch the movies, I can't stand the movies. But, if I watch the movies after not having read the books for a long time I am able to enjoy the movies on their own merit.