The Ballet Shoes

BY N. Streatfield

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle

The Ballet Shoes

Post by Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle »

Say, I am reading the ballet shoes by Noel streatfield. HAve you read It?
Linne
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Linne »

Oh! That's like, the only one of that series that I don't own! I think I read it a long time ago.....
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

I have gotten it from the Library before...but never read it. Because I take Dance, I should probably read it! Is it good?
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I have read it, and most if not all of her other "Shoes" books. Lots of them have the same basic plot, but I really enjoyed them. =D>
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

Never, ever. :noway:
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

I loved reading those books as a child! Did you see the movie "Ballet Shoes" too? It's quite good as well. It's ever so sweet to read about darling little children who are in an unfortunate situation in life and then the winds of fate bring them to stardom and love! What sweet bliss! \:D/
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Frank wrote:I loved reading those books as a child! Did you see the movie "Ballet Shoes" too? It's quite good as well. It's ever so sweet to read about darling little children who are in an unfortunate situation in life and then the winds of fate bring them to stardom and love! What sweet bliss! \:D/
Hmm....I have never heard of that.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I've seen the movie - it was good, but I still prefer the book. :)
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

I think I've read Ballet Shoes and Dancing Shoes. Are there others?
Linne

Post by Linne »

Family Shoes, Theatre Shoes and Movie Shoes.
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Oh. Those others don't sound very interesting to me...
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

There is also Tennis Shoes, Circus Shoes, New Shoes, Skating Shoes, Traveling Shoes, then her non-"shoes" books - Thursday's Child, Far to Go, the Gemma series, and there may be others. \:D/
Linne

Post by Linne »

Oooo, like four of those I haven't heard of! *Feels need to visit library*
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman

Post by Frank »

Haha...I had some trouble finding those books at our library while we were reading them all...hmmm, maybe they're too old or something. I think I've read Circus Shoes...but not many of the others.
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

If I remember right, I read those books when I was about nine, maybe ten. I seriously doubt they would interest me now. Although this DOES come from the teenager who occasionally reads Nancy Drew (and plays the games with enthusiasm. Although the games really are targeted at an older audience than the book.)
Carolita
I'm not Gabe
Location: the small fraction of time between normal hectic life and mega hectic college

Post by Carolita »

I've never read them. The first time I heard about them was actually on "You've Got Mail." :)
Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle

I doubt if most people on the people on the board read the book, let alone dance ballet
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman

Post by Frank »

hakeber wrote:I doubt if most people on the people on the board read the book, let alone dance ballet
Does that make us bad or unworthy persons, hakeber? :-s Frank doesn't take ballet, but she has been known to twirl dreamily around the house. :D
Sarah
Someone's favorite

Post by Sarah »

I read them a long time ago... I never finished them though. I tried, but I just couldn't get very interested. I wanted to though, believe me! :)

Maybe I'll try reading them again... :)

Sarah

P.S. I got to page 85 *checks bookmark* Yep, 85. :anxious:
Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle

HOW Can you read a book halfway and stop!!!!!!!!!!! That is amazing