Favorite Books

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
orangie
OK

Favorite Books

Post by orangie »

What are your favorite books? Or what is your favorite genre to read? I like historical fiction, biographies, and certain fictional books. My favorite books right now are The Series of Unfortunate Events.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

My favorite genre would be historical fiction and realistic fiction. I cannot possible decide what my favorite book is because I love books and reading. I have an endless list of favorite books.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

*moves to Harlequin*
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Christian fiction-historical and contemporary
Biographies-presidents and first ladies mostly, especially Lincoln and Washington
History-Civil War, Revolution, etc
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I think my favorite genre's are fantasy fiction, a bit of historical fiction and some contemporary Christian fiction (like some of Dee Henderson's work) :)

Till the end of the line.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

My favorite genre's are definitely Historical Fiction and Christian Fiction. I also like reading missionary biographies :)

I can't pick a favorite book, there's just so many that I like!
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

Favorite books? You're asking for a pretty long list. I'll shorten it to my favorite three series

The 39 Clues by Rick Riordan, Gordan Korman, Peter Lerangis, Jude Watson, Patrick Carman, Linda Sue Park, and Margaret Peterson Haddix
The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart
The Secret Series by Pseudonymous Bosch
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Astronomer
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Astronomer »

I recently came upon 'A Whole Nother Story' and 'Another Whole Nother Story' by Dr. Cuthbert Soup. They were pretty good, though I'm not sure if they were my favorites.
I also like Lord of the Rings, Mysterious Benedict Society, and The Door Within Trilogy.
My blog: http://www.jessericebooks.blogspot.com Where I talk about stuff and the book(s) I've published.
Woody

Post by Woody »

A Whole Nother Story is a good series. Did you hear that Dr. Soup is writing another installment in the series entitled "No Other Story"?
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
God's Daughter
Not Implemented

Post by God's Daughter »

This Present Darkness
The Door Within
The Hunger Games
Threshold

I have more but that would take me forever. ;)
Image]
My Online Family! \:D/
Sky, is my twin. ^_^
Lee, is my cousin.
I'm KF's awesome sister and he's my equally awesome brother!
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

My favorite genre is supernatural (Christian) fiction.

This Present Darkness, Piercing the Darkness, and Prophet by Frank Peretti are fabulous, although my favorite book by him is The Oath. Any book written by Ted Dekker is wonderful, and I highly recommend all of his works (especially the Circle series). :inlove: House, coauthored by Peretti and Dekker is also amazing. My all-time favorite series of books, however, is the Left Behind series.

As a disclaimer, perhaps I should note that these books might possibly be too intense for younger people.

Apart from supernatural fiction, I enjoy the works of Jane Austen, Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre, and Emily Bronte's Wuthering Heights. I have also read several classic novels and greatly enjoyed those as well. For those of you who like historical books, you should definitely read Killing Lincoln by Bill O'Reilly; it was excellent and even gave me chills.
Last edited by Aeva on Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
Agent 86
0x Moderator 0x Admin
0x Moderator 0x Admin

Post by Agent 86 »

genre = mystery
book(s) = The City of Ember, The People of Sparks, The Prophet of Yonwood, and The Diamond of Darkhold
series = The City of Ember
^AIOluver^

Who am I? I'd rather not answer that question, the real question is, "Who are you?". Right now I am trying to think of something witty to put here.. I might not find anything, but that's fine. This block of text should be fine for a signature. Wait, are you still reading this? Why are you reading this? Stop. Seriously.
STOP.
This sentence is true.
The sentence above is false.

I dare you not to read this.
Hey! I said not to read this.
Maybe if I talk like this.
Wait, you still see me? *sighs* I give up.

http://blackgaardscastle.forumotion.com/
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

Genre: my favourites are murder mystery, adventure, normal mystery. I read a fair amount of historical fiction too, but I'd rather read a super suspenseful novel. Sometimes I read sappy romance novels by Nicholas Sparks too. I just don't like fantasy or anything not realistic.
Books: The DMZ and Betrayed
Woody

Post by Woody »

Maxwell Smart wrote:genre = mystery
book(s) = The City of Ember, The People of Sparks, The Prophet of Yonwood, and The Diamond of Darkhold
series = The City of Ember
Another Emberian? YAY!!!
Kenric
If posts were pigs...

Post by Kenric »

Favorite books of the Bible: Esther and Job
Favorite secular book: Jane Eyre
Favorite genres: Autobiographies, Devotionals, Short-story collections.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Sci-fi, futuristic, action-adventure type stuff. Basically anything with a bang. Specific favorites are hard to name because I've read so many books, and series come and go.
Last edited by Amethystic on Thu May 31, 2012 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

I read a book called "Science Fair" by Dave Barry and Ridley Peterson awhile back. Aside from occasional language, it was probably the best work of fiction I've ever read.
he/him | a little stinker.
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

My favorite genre tends to be fantasy, as long as it's not completely off-the-wall, and realistic fiction's pretty good as long as it's not too dark. My favorite books/series are Harry Potter, Percy Jackson (still debating Heroes of Olympus), The Mysterious Benedict Society, and The Wednesday Wars.

I also like the Sonic the Hedgehog comic books. \:D/
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Ginny Weasley wrote:Percy Jackson (still debating Heroes of Olympus),
Those were pretty good. And I am in the process of reading The Lost Hero. Interesting.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
CreativeThinker101
Fourscore and seven

Post by CreativeThinker101 »

I like realistic Adventure stories, Realistic Fiction, and sometimes sci-fi and fantasy.
Signed,
CreativeThinker101
And Check out my AIO website! Here's a link: http://www.justanotheraioblog.blogspot.com/ Please comment on it! Because if you don't, I'm gonna call the exterminator!
THANK YOU
(P.S. What an interesting and fun website.)