"Lost Time" is now available for purchase!

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Movieman
Wants David O Piano
Wants David O Piano

"Lost Time" is now available for purchase!

Post by Movieman »

My first book, "Lost Time" is now available on Amazon Kindle and as a paperback! Basically, it's about a not-so-good Christian who finds a device which allows him to travel in time and meet different people from the Bible. His interactions with them help him to become a better follower of God. The following link will take you to the Amazon Kindle version, but you can easily switch to paperback from there as well:

http://www.amazon.com/Lost-Time-Out-ebo ... shua+grant

When you buy it, please take the time to leave a review. The more reviews I have, the more other people might be willing to purchase it.

Yay, I'm finally a published author! Check out my website.
http://www.joshuagrantbooks.com
Arkán Dreamwalker
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Arkán Dreamwalker »

Well, I'm not very high on funds, but I'm always willing to do for a fellow author what I would want done for me. I'll look into it.
~ Walker in Dreams
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

Would I like it?
I have like, zero money, and I'm trying to save, but maybe next year I could get it or something! :)
Movieman
Wants David O Piano
Wants David O Piano

Post by Movieman »

I decided to offer something special for all you ToOers who couldn't afford my book. This weekend from midnight Saturday to midnight Sunday you can download the ebook version for free on amazon.com. Amazon also offers a free ebook reading program for your computer, so don't worry about needing a Kindle.

Again, please please PLEASE leave a review once you're finished reading it. =D>

Wooton Z. Bassett
OK

Post by Wooton Z. Bassett »

Yes...yes.....YES! I can't wait for Saturday!! And I'll try to write a review, and perhaps post it on my blog.
I'm on the Soda Shop and Campbell County Message Boards.

Check out unofficialaioblog.blogspot.com/

Arkán Dreamwalker
Catspaw Rocks!

I'll see about reviewing it. So long as you properly direct us to the amazon location. However I warn you now, I'm very honest. (And you may get a review with only bad comments, it's sort of the way I work. I mean, you don't need advice on the good parts, you need to be told what strikes people as bad. So it might seem really negative, but that's just me saying what I think needs work, whatever I don't criticize means I don't think it could be improved.{Which means it's good.})
~ Walker in Dreams
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

Darn it!
On saturday, at midnight, we'll be waiting at the airport for a girl at church (she's more than ten years older then me, but I like to call her my friend.) to bring her home, since she lives a couple blocks from us.
What timezone will it be midnight in?
Movieman
Wants David O Piano
Wants David O Piano

Post by Movieman »

Arkán Dreamwalker wrote:I'll see about reviewing it. So long as you properly direct us to the amazon location.
The link is at the top of this thread, in my first post.

As for the review, I don't mind at all if you're honest in your opinion of the book. It would be nice though if you include the good things as well =D> . For people who don't know you, if you only write bad things they will assume you didn't see anything good at all. Just make sure the review is balanced, that's all.

-- Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:02 am --
Joy wrote:What timezone will it be midnight in?
EST.

Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

Arkán Dreamwalker wrote:I'll see about reviewing it. So long as you properly direct us to the amazon location. However I warn you now, I'm very honest. (And you may get a review with only bad comments, it's sort of the way I work. I mean, you don't need advice on the good parts, you need to be told what strikes people as bad. So it might seem really negative, but that's just me saying what I think needs work, whatever I don't criticize means I don't think it could be improved.{Which means it's good.})
Must... resist... urge to rant about reviewing...

*caves* Well, okay, but only because you twisted my arm to do it. \:D/

Ahemahem. A word on balanced reviews: Even if you're a pretty harsh critic, review etiquette is almost always to list the pros and cons of the book. I've read more than my share of book reviews, and talking solely about the problems you may have had with a book without mentioning any of the redeeming qualities tends to leave a bad taste in peoples' mouths about the whole thing, even if that wasn't your intent. Just because you want to be brutally honest doesn't mean you have to or even should focus only on the parts you thought needed work. It's a review, not a critique; i.e., you're reviewing the book as it stands as a whole, not recommending improvements for a draft. Technically, you're writing your review for an uninformed audience, not someone who's already read the book and knows everything else that's going on. You gotta make sure you talk about the whole book, or you'll end up with a really incomplete-looking, heavily negative review (with the added bonus that people will think you don't understand the rating system :- ).
So, long story short... when you write a review, include some of the things you liked in the book along with the things you thought could be better, and life will be awesome, and there will be sunshine and happiness and elves and chocolate-chip brownies. \:D/

Uhh, heh heh. I seem to have gotten a bit... carried away? :anxious: Aaanyways, Movieman, this looks like an interesting read, and I'll definitely do my best to get it/read it/review it. ^.^
Arkán Dreamwalker
Catspaw Rocks!

No no no. A review for the author. Not for people. Quite different. Critiquing it.
~ Walker in Dreams
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

Ahh... Well, the idea is probably to increase awareness of the book on Amazon, so maybe do both? \:D/

I hope this made it onto my Kindle okay. It's been having issues lately... But if everything worked, "Lost Time" is next on my "to-read" list! :yes:
Movieman
Wants David O Piano
Wants David O Piano

Post by Movieman »

Arkán Dreamwalker wrote:No no no. A review for the author. Not for people. Quite different. Critiquing it.
If it's a review for me, feel free to send me a private message about the book. If it's posted to my amazon.com book webpage then it's a review for the people so please make it balanced in that instance. I just don't want people to get the wrong idea by reading one of my first reviews. :-k

-- Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:09 pm --
Petrichor wrote:"Lost Time" is next on my "to-read" list! :yes:
I hope you enjoy it. And of course... don't forget to leave a review when your done. :D

Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

I have it now. Free sales FTW! I'll read it as soon as I'm done with LOTR... which could be a while...
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

I've been reading it bit by bit over the last few days and I've been enjoying it. Great book!

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

If you want to get it out there, this site has free and discounted ebooks posted, and you can submit your ebook for consideration: http://ereadergirl.com/submit-your-ebook/
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.