Captivating

by John and Stasi Eldredge

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Mandy Straussberg
Animatronic

Captivating

Post by Mandy Straussberg »

I just got it today... From the girls in my church, I've heard it's a hugely impacting book. Any of you gals read it? What did you think?

Mandy
Music is my life. God's given me gifts, and I like to use them.
Spirit now lead me, take me where You will
I long to adore You, reveal Yourself to me
My cry is to please You, so have Your way in me
Completely to bring glory to Your Name
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

I'm wondering if we have already had another topic on this...but it doesn't matter now! Haha! :D

Okay, to answer your question and stay on topic...yes, I read the book and did find that it was a very interesting read. It drew me to new heights of wonder and awe at the glory of God and his plan for my life. Of course every woman wants to be romanced and pursued by a handsome, godly man who sweeps her off of her feet and she gets to play a role in a unique adventure. (Frank is all for adventure. :D )

But like the rest of the Eldridge books, it was VERY melodramtic. She insists and implores you to turn over a new leaf and to give up your soul to God, like Joan of Arc did, or Arwen...etc...both of whom have nothing to do with Scripture. But maybe that's good...I don't know. Being melodramatic doesn't mean it's super spiritual. Which made me confused a bit.

Other than that, it was a great read. Pick up a copy for yourselves out there. \:D/