Ranger's Apprentice series

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
BlessedCheesemaker
I'm a teapot
Ranger's Apprentice series

Post by BlessedCheesemaker »

The series follows the adventures of Will, a young orphan boy who is apprenticed to a Ranger. Rangers are a group of intelligence agents, skilled at tracking, archery, and stealth. The books are set in a alternate time period similar to the middle ages.

The author is Australian who based the books on the stories he used to tell his son before bed. I love the humor, the life lessons, and how he crafts the story so that Will and his childhood bully end up best friends.

The twelfth and final book of the series, The Royal Ranger, will be released on November 5. I can't wait to read it :)

Has anyone else read these books?
Awesome signiture and avatar by snubs
Check out my shop on Crestwood Avenue! Want to know more about me? Ask me a question!
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

Oh my goodness, that first picture is beautiful. I read the first one, but I haven't been able to get my hands on the other ones. =/

I wish these were made into a movie, or a tv series. Gosh, that would be amazing.

I must read the rest of the series!
I like chocolate milk. - Cheese
#ForeverKitty
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I know that this is a really belated response (and I promise that I haven't been waiting almost a month just for $10 post day) ;) but I just read this thread today and was intrigued, more for some younger people that I get to buy books for sometimes than myself. What age group do you think these books would appeal to? I won't ask if you would highly recommend them, since it seems like that would be a resounding yes! ;)
EvangelineWalker
I'm a teapot

Post by EvangelineWalker »

I just started reading the first book in the series! I'm enjoying it so far.
BlessedCheesemaker
I'm a teapot
Post by BlessedCheesemaker »

Catspaw wrote:I know that this is a really belated response (and I promise that I haven't been waiting almost a month just for $10 post day) ;) but I just read this thread today and was intrigued, more for some younger people that I get to buy books for sometimes than myself. What age group do you think these books would appeal to? I won't ask if you would highly recommend them, since it seems like that would be a resounding yes! ;)
I'm sure $10 post day had nothing to do with it ;)
I think these books would appeal to young adults, probably 12-20. However, the humor and good story-telling appeals to all ages. There is a little bit of really mild language in a couple of them and most of them deal with some form of warfare, which could be of concern for some readers. One of the later books deals with a drug usage, but in a very serious and negative light.
Awesome signiture and avatar by snubs
Check out my shop on Crestwood Avenue! Want to know more about me? Ask me a question!
E II
Animatronic
Post by E II »

We'll yes I read these. I can't find number 7 and I've been reading the brotherband series so I didn't even know there was an eleventh book:( and my local book store just went out of business. No I have to drive an hour to go to one.
I am confused
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

BlessedCheesemaker wrote:
Catspaw wrote:I know that this is a really belated response (and I promise that I haven't been waiting almost a month just for $10 post day) ;) but I just read this thread today and was intrigued, more for some younger people that I get to buy books for sometimes than myself. What age group do you think these books would appeal to? I won't ask if you would highly recommend them, since it seems like that would be a resounding yes! ;)
I'm sure $10 post day had nothing to do with it ;)
I think these books would appeal to young adults, probably 12-20. However, the humor and good story-telling appeals to all ages. There is a little bit of really mild language in a couple of them and most of them deal with some form of warfare, which could be of concern for some readers. One of the later books deals with a drug usage, but in a very serious and negative light.
Thanks for so obviously believing my statement. ;)

Thanks for the info! It sounds like a good fit. I like to find stuff that has enough action to keep things interesting, but without some of the other negative stuff that sometimes comes along with that. I'll have to at least buy the first one and see if the 12-15 year-olds that I have in mind want more. :D Warfare will be in the plus column, not the minus, I'm sure. ;)
E II
Animatronic
Post by E II »

I believe that the drug usage is in book 4 or 3 I dot. Remember. Just testing my knowledge.
Looking at the names it is book 3. Also did they change the name of book four cause I don't remember that being its name
I am confused
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I ordered the first one today! \:D/ Yay! I'm wondering if I should wait to see if they're coming out with some kind of full series set, now that the last one is out, but if the first one gets a really great reception, I might have to buy more sooner rather than later. ;)
E II
Animatronic
Post by E II »

So looking at my books they say that book four is battle for ska dis not oakleaf bearers. Where did that come from bc?
I am confused