Rick Riordan

If you like books by Rick Riordan, you should stop by!

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Parakeet
My posts are revolutionary

Rick Riordan

Post by Parakeet »

I was wondering what everyone thinks of the Percy Jackson series and "sequel series" as I call it cuz I always forget what its called. also the Magnus Chase series that's still being written, the new Trials of Apollo series, and the Kane Chronicles books.

I really like all of them, I think I like the heroes of Olympus ["sequel series"] (I think its called that anyway sorry) best.

any opinions on Riordan and his books? id love to hear what you think \:D/

if this was unclear and I was rambling sorry, I'm not very good at this stuff yet :oops:

thanks!
Don't you
remember
the SNOWFLAKES.
Pianoman

Post by Pianoman »

I like Rick Riordan. He definitely has one style of writing books, but he can be clever and interesting in mixing fiction and present day and teenagers with history and interesting myths and legends. I liked his 39 Clues book, the cleverness and great introduction was lovely. =) I haven't finished the Heroes of Olympus series, I haven't found the last book yet. Both series' are good.... I think I remember liking the second series better, even though a huge fan of the series claims the second series is pathetic. The only thing is.... he can't write romance. He should leave that to other people instead of trying and failing. @Heroes of Olympus series Also, I have read the first book in his Floors series... and absolutely hated it. So.... I guess I don't always love what he writes. =p (ETA, I don't know what I was talking about. Floors isn't by Riordan =p)
Last edited by Pianoman on Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Parakeet

Post by Parakeet »

oh ive never heard of the Floors series... my brother has read the 39 clues books, i havent yet tho :read:

i agree with you, the second series just seems better for me.

ya romance isnt rly his strong point, although i havent had any real life experiences with that sort of stuff lol :oops:

its cool to find more fans of Riordan books :lol:
Don't you
remember
the SNOWFLAKES.