Book Club!

Feel free to join anytime!!

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Parakeet
My posts are revolutionary

Book Club!

Post by Parakeet »

Hey there! I couldn't find a book club that was still active, so i thought i could start one... if there's already one that i just couldn't find, sorry! :oops: anywho, i love reading and wanted to be able to discuss what im reading with other awesome people 8-) lol ....
comment book ideas below and we can decide what to read together! sound good? i hope so :p
okkay fellow book readers lets do this!! \:D/ \:D/

P.S. I just thought of something: if we can't decide on a book we could have a poll on what book to read.. just an idea :-k
Don't you
remember
the SNOWFLAKES.
GJ
Pilgrim

Post by GJ »

I've never been in a book club, this sounds quite enjoyable! :D
Do you have any suggestions for our first literary venture?
"To know whether truth is actually true or just an imposter, give it some licorice." -Wooton Basset
Parakeet

Post by Parakeet »

GJFH wrote:I've never been in a book club, this sounds quite enjoyable! :D

Hmmm... well, what kind of books do you like to read?
Don't you
remember
the SNOWFLAKES.
GJ
Pilgrim

Post by GJ »

Parakeet wrote:
GJFH wrote:I've never been in a book club, this sounds quite enjoyable! :D

Hmmm... well, what kind of books do you like to read?
I really enjoy nearly everything, except for horror.

What if I was to do a little investigating? I'm not content settling with the mediocre. I mean, I could read LOTR again. You should tell me what genres you like. :)
"To know whether truth is actually true or just an imposter, give it some licorice." -Wooton Basset
Kathy0
OK

Post by Kathy0 »

Is this still going? I would LOVE to join! \:D/ :dance: :book2: I think a poll would be a great idea! :D
GJ
Pilgrim

Post by GJ »

Kathy0 wrote:Is this still going? I would LOVE to join! \:D/ :dance: :book2: I think a poll would be a great idea! :D
I want to believe it's still going. :) We're reading The Hobbit by J.R.R Tolkien.

As a matter of fact, I finished the first two chapters, and forgot about it. :?
I need to pre-write my review.
Parakeet

Post by Parakeet »

Ummm I'm working on reading it, haven't gotten very far though :oops: But I'll do my best to finish the first two chapters fast. Kathy, you're totally welcome to join! \:D/ And the next book we read we'll definitely have a poll for :D
Don't you
remember
the SNOWFLAKES.
Kathy0
OK

Post by Kathy0 »

Oh ok! Whatever you guys wanna do :D
Parakeet

Post by Parakeet »

We could try to revive this since i got inactive with school and summer break and everything... if anyone's interested feel free to post or something :read:
Don't you
remember
the SNOWFLAKES.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I can't participate, but I wanted to post support for the idea because I think it's a good thing to do if there are people interested. :)
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

bookworm wrote:I can't participate, but I wanted to post support for the idea because I think it's a good thing to do if there are people interested. :)
*cough* because bookworm realized how much extra money there is to earn in Holstein's Books today *cough* I meant because he also thinks it's a great way to get people interested \:D/
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

That might have been what prompted me to open the thread on this particular day but it is absolutely not why I posted. I don't make up posts on bonus money days so I can make more, I only post things I still would have on any other day.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

bookworm wrote:That might have been what prompted me to open the thread on this particular day but it is absolutely not why I posted. I don't make up posts on bonus money days so I can make more, I only post things I still would have on any other day.
whatever you say, who am I to judge. .because I never judge :noway:

;)
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer