Book Club!

Feel free to join anytime!!

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz, Part 2")

Book Club!

Postby Parakeet » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:50 pm

Hey there! I couldn't find a book club that was still active, so i thought i could start one... if there's already one that i just couldn't find, sorry! :oops: anywho, i love reading and wanted to be able to discuss what im reading with other awesome people 8-) lol ....
comment book ideas below and we can decide what to read together! sound good? i hope so :p
okkay fellow book readers lets do this!! \:D/ \:D/


P.S. I just thought of something: if we can't decide on a book we could have a poll on what book to read.. just an idea :-k
Image

Nerd is the Word

Get a unique quote in the Amazing Quotes Generator: http://thetoo.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=35302
I guess I'll stick around
User avatar
Parakeet

Fangirling

 
Posts: 233
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:00 pm
Location: A galaxy far, far away...
Age: 15
Gender: Female

Cash on hand: 238.98
Bank: 0.00
Blog: View Blog (2)

Re: Book Club!

Postby GJ » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:51 pm

I've never been in a book club, this sounds quite enjoyable! :D
Do you have any suggestions for our first literary venture?
*panics because I don't know what to put in my signature*
I guess I'll stick around
User avatar
GJ

Jammin'

 
Posts: 282
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:42 pm
Location: Eating all the scooby snacks
Age: 17
Gender: Female

Cash on hand: 574.03
Bank: 0.00
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Book Club!

Postby Parakeet » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:55 pm

GJFH wrote:I've never been in a book club, this sounds quite enjoyable! :D
Do you have any suggestions for our first literary venture?

Hmmm... well, what kind of books do you like to read?
Image

Nerd is the Word

Get a unique quote in the Amazing Quotes Generator: http://thetoo.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=35302
I guess I'll stick around
User avatar
Parakeet

Fangirling

 
Posts: 233
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:00 pm
Location: A galaxy far, far away...
Age: 15
Gender: Female

Cash on hand: 238.98
Bank: 0.00
Blog: View Blog (2)

Re: Book Club!

Postby GJ » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:57 pm

Parakeet wrote:
GJFH wrote:I've never been in a book club, this sounds quite enjoyable! :D
Do you have any suggestions for our first literary venture?

Hmmm... well, what kind of books do you like to read?

I really enjoy nearly everything, except for horror.

What if I was to do a little investigating? I'm not content settling with the mediocre. I mean, I could read LOTR again. You should tell me what genres you like. :)
*panics because I don't know what to put in my signature*
I guess I'll stick around
User avatar
GJ

Jammin'

 
Posts: 282
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:42 pm
Location: Eating all the scooby snacks
Age: 17
Gender: Female

Cash on hand: 574.03
Bank: 0.00
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Book Club!

Postby Kathy0 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:43 am

Is this still going? I would LOVE to join! \:D/ :dance: :book2: I think a poll would be a great idea! :D
Image
I guess I'll stick around
User avatar
Kathy0

Listening to music cause music is life

 
Posts: 207
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:53 am
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Age: 16
Gender: Female

Cash on hand: 192.81
Bank: 100.00

Re: Book Club!

Postby GJ » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:50 am

Kathy0 wrote:Is this still going? I would LOVE to join! \:D/ :dance: :book2: I think a poll would be a great idea! :D


I want to believe it's still going. :) We're reading The Hobbit by J.R.R Tolkien.

As a matter of fact, I finished the first two chapters, and forgot about it. :?
I need to pre-write my review.
*panics because I don't know what to put in my signature*
I guess I'll stick around
User avatar
GJ

Jammin'

 
Posts: 282
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:42 pm
Location: Eating all the scooby snacks
Age: 17
Gender: Female

Cash on hand: 574.03
Bank: 0.00
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Book Club!

Postby Parakeet » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:28 pm

Ummm I'm working on reading it, haven't gotten very far though :oops: But I'll do my best to finish the first two chapters fast. Kathy, you're totally welcome to join! \:D/ And the next book we read we'll definitely have a poll for :D
Image

Nerd is the Word

Get a unique quote in the Amazing Quotes Generator: http://thetoo.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=35302
I guess I'll stick around
User avatar
Parakeet

Fangirling

 
Posts: 233
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:00 pm
Location: A galaxy far, far away...
Age: 15
Gender: Female

Cash on hand: 238.98
Bank: 0.00
Blog: View Blog (2)

Re: Book Club!

Postby Kathy0 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:33 pm

Oh ok! Whatever you guys wanna do :D
Image
I guess I'll stick around
User avatar
Kathy0

Listening to music cause music is life

 
Posts: 207
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:53 am
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Age: 16
Gender: Female

Cash on hand: 192.81
Bank: 100.00

Re: Book Club!

Postby Parakeet » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:36 pm

We could try to revive this since i got inactive with school and summer break and everything... if anyone's interested feel free to post or something :read:
Image

Nerd is the Word

Get a unique quote in the Amazing Quotes Generator: http://thetoo.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=35302
I guess I'll stick around
User avatar
Parakeet

Fangirling

 
Posts: 233
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:00 pm
Location: A galaxy far, far away...
Age: 15
Gender: Female

Cash on hand: 238.98
Bank: 0.00
Blog: View Blog (2)

Re: Book Club!

Postby bookworm » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:29 pm

I can't participate, but I wanted to post support for the idea because I think it's a good thing to do if there are people interested. :)
Image
ToO Historian
ToO Historian
User avatar
bookworm

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

 
Posts: 13926
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:10 pm
Location: reading or on the computer
Age: 26
Gender: Male

Cash on hand: 192.16
Bank: 54,800.00

Re: Book Club!

Postby Marvin D. » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:03 pm

bookworm wrote:I can't participate, but I wanted to post support for the idea because I think it's a good thing to do if there are people interested. :)

*cough* because bookworm realized how much extra money there is to earn in Holstein's Books today *cough* I meant because he also thinks it's a great way to get people interested \:D/
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
i haz xpirenancee!!1
User avatar
Marvin D.

LWYMMD

 
Posts: 19308
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:24 am
Location: Amsterdam
Age: 20
Gender: Female

Cash on hand: 22.02
Bank: 10,100.00
Blog: View Blog (25)

Re: Book Club!

Postby bookworm » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:26 pm

That might have been what prompted me to open the thread on this particular day but it is absolutely not why I posted. I don't make up posts on bonus money days so I can make more, I only post things I still would have on any other day.
Image
ToO Historian
ToO Historian
User avatar
bookworm

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

 
Posts: 13926
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:10 pm
Location: reading or on the computer
Age: 26
Gender: Male

Cash on hand: 192.16
Bank: 54,800.00

Re: Book Club!

Postby Marvin D. » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:37 am

bookworm wrote:That might have been what prompted me to open the thread on this particular day but it is absolutely not why I posted. I don't make up posts on bonus money days so I can make more, I only post things I still would have on any other day.

whatever you say, who am I to judge. .because I never judge :noway:

;)
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
i haz xpirenancee!!1
User avatar
Marvin D.

LWYMMD

 
Posts: 19308
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:24 am
Location: Amsterdam
Age: 20
Gender: Female

Cash on hand: 22.02
Bank: 10,100.00
Blog: View Blog (25)


Return to Holstein's Books

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron