Have you ever read Henty? You could win a five hundred dol.

Srry, I think I should have said this for my other one.

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz, Part 2")

Have you ever read Henty? You could win a five hundred dol.

Postby Danadelfos » Sat Nov 19, 2005 4:25 pm

Recently I've been reading portions of books written by G.A. Henty, because I'm doing this essay. You can find out about it right here! You can win up to $500's of gift certifacites for winning first place, $250 for second and $100 for winning third, so if you've ever read Henty you might consider doing this, you can also pick them up at the library, but you have to turn your essay of about 1500 words in by November 30.
P.S. you can also find some of G.A. Henty's books in online versions so if you're interested I know there is at least 2 free online books written by him, he's written about 99 books!

P.S.S. You also have to have read at least 5 Henty books to compete. Just letting everyone know.
Last edited by Danadelfos on Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We'll either hang together or hang separately" - Benjamin Franklin
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic
Danadelfos

Cash on hand: 4.30
Bank: 54.06

Postby COWBOY OF TEXAS » Sat Nov 19, 2005 6:11 pm

I've read about forty of his books. (He wrote about 140, not including short stories.)

So how do I enter? Is their a website or something? \:D/
What is this essay about?

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
I was here from the beginning
COWBOY OF TEXAS

Dreaming of you...

Cash on hand: 2.62
Bank: 28.20

Postby Danadelfos » Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:06 pm

You can find out about it here! I wrote about 500 words yesterday so don't feel discouraged if you're just starting. You might want to see what other people wrote last year in this part of the website. right here. Just to see what they are kind of looking for. The topic this year is how henty brings out how men and women are in their proper roles.

P.S. Cowboy I guess I was thinking how they've been publishing the books now a days. They put about 40 of his books into 2 volumes.
"We'll either hang together or hang separately" - Benjamin Franklin
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic
Danadelfos

Cash on hand: 4.30
Bank: 54.06

Return to Holstein's Books