Anne Rice

Formerly an author who wrote about vampires, etc...now a Christian!

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")

Were you an Anne Rice fan prior to her conversion?

Yes, I loved her books.
No votes
Never heard of her.
No votes
Heard of her, but wouldn't read her books.
43%
Haven't read any of her books to date but I'm interested in this new one.
43%
Haven't and still won't.
14%

Total votes: 7

Jennifer Doyle
An original

Anne Rice

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I listened her her on our local Conservative talk radio station about her latest book, "Christ the Lord: Out of Egypt" and she now proclaims that she is born again and "'I promised,' she says, 'that from now on I would write only for the Lord.'"

"'If I really complete the life of Christ the way I want to do it,' she says, 'then I might go on and write a new type of fiction. It won't be like the other. It'll be in a world that includes redemption.'"

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9785289/site/newsweek/

I find this very very cool!!
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
jollyholiday
I'm a teapot

Post by jollyholiday »

I've read the new book and it is well written. The book is fiction and the reader should keep that in mind. It contains much speculation as to what Jesus' life as a child may have been like and contains some stories that are part of the Catholic apocryphal tradition. I'd recommend the book myself.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Yeah, I heard this a while ago. I'm not an Anne Rice fan really (to be honest, I never gave her a chance, other than seeing Interview with a Vampire...), but it's awesome that she is a Christian. I have heard, like jollyholiday said, that the book may not agree 100% with Christian faith, but still it's a great change from her former work...

I work with a girl who is unsaved and is a big Anne Rice fan, and have recommended her a few Christian novels... so maybe she will get something out of this...
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

How is her new book I mean she totally turned around.
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Oops... #-o I meant to vote for the 4th option but voted the 3rd...
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

Brian wrote:Yeah, I heard this a while ago. I'm not an Anne Rice fan really (to be honest, I never gave her a chance, other than seeing Interview with a Vampire...), but it's awesome that she is a Christian. I have heard, like jollyholiday said, that the book may not agree 100% with Christian faith, but still it's a great change from her former work...

I work with a girl who is unsaved and is a big Anne Rice fan, and have recommended her a few Christian novels... so maybe she will get something out of this...
I also heard of her from an unsaved catholic friend who likes her books. I'm hoping her new book is "Christian" enough to lead him one step closer to Christ. I've witnessed to him a couple of times before but it's really hard 'cause he already thinks he's a Christian but he had never heard the Gospel before I told it to him.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Yeah... I am hoping some of her totally nonChristian fans will get at least turned in the right direction and seek out more meaty Christian literature or have questions, etc from reading this book...
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I like how she herself stresses that this book is a NOVEL based on what she's studied from the Bible and other religious texts. She's not pretending it's real...that is sort of the vibe I've heard about the DaVinchi code...
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz