Winnie THER Pooh

"Because everyone knows what THER means."

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Winnie THER Pooh

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

That is a quote from the book. Just wondering how many people LOVE Winnie the Pooh and all his loveable friends! And is it weird to like them as an adult? #-o
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

I LOVE Winnie the Pooh (:hilarious: a Pooh???... named... Winnie????)

In fact, if there was a Tigger avatar at the TH I would have selected him instead of Poppin' Fresh as my long standing avatar :D
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Have you read the book? I really love the quote from C.R. about everyone knowing what Ther meant. Then the author couldn't ask for clarification without looking dumb. That is something I can totally see a precocious child doing!
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

I have never read the book (actually heard they were quite boring :-# )

I have all the original Walt Disney movies several times as well as pretty much all the episodes of the New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (now there's a show I'd buy on DVD \:D/ )
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Kris Doyle
Still standing tall

Post by Kris Doyle »

Anybody know what Winnie the Pooh has in common with John the Baptist?
God bless you, in Jesus' name!!!! :D
"Then Peter said unto them, 'Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.'" (Acts 2:38)
Visit the website of my home church: http://www.freshanointingupc.org
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

Err, they both eat Honey?
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I LOVE Winnie the Pooh and his friends!!!
jasodia
I'm not Gabe

Post by jasodia »

Jennifer Doyle wrote:That is a quote from the book. Just wondering how many people LOVE Winnie the Pooh and all his loveable friends! And is it weird to like them as an adult? #-o
uh, no! a ton of people like winnie the pooh! i do! not like a lot lot, but a little still.

my best friend is pink jeans!
"I don't pretend to be Captain Weird. I just am."
-Johnny Depp
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Kris Doyle wrote:Anybody know what Winnie the Pooh has in common with John the Baptist?
They both wore fur? Ate grasshoppers?
Linne
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Linne »

I love Pooh Bear! And Tigger, and Piglet and Rabbit! That's one show I'll never get tired of! \:D/
Kris Doyle
Still standing tall

Post by Kris Doyle »

Kris Doyle wrote:Anybody know what Winnie the Pooh has in common with John the Baptist?
All your guys' answers work, but the one I was thinking of is...

THEY HAVE THE SAME MIDDLE NAME! :hilarious:
"Then Peter said unto them, 'Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.'" (Acts 2:38)
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Well actually, no. Winnie's is THER and John's is THE...:p Because everyone knows what Ther means.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I played the Winnie the Pooh sidequest on Kingdom Hearts... that is pretty much all my knowledge of the matter...
Kris Doyle
Still standing tall

Post by Kris Doyle »

Jennifer Doyle wrote:Because everyone knows what Ther means.
I'm not everyone, so I don't know what THER means ;) ...what does it mean, and what is Winnie the Pooh sidequest?

Btw, once at a big convention for lots of churches, we heard a choir singing and could not, for the life of us, understand the words to their song! The only thing that my dad could "understand" was the ending, but he knew he understood it wrongly because it sounded like the words "Winnie the Pooh!" Somehow, I just can't imagine Winnie the Pooh having any relation to a church service! :D
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

My pastor once quoted Winnie the Pooh :D

He read an article about Pooh, despite being a bear of very little brain, was in fact a strong philospher who had influenced millions...

If you think about it "Poohspeak," as the article called it, is going on all around us today. Pooh thought like this.

"I wonder what's making a buzzing sound"

...pooh thinks for a while...

"The only reason for making a buzzing sound that I know of is because you're a bee!"

"And the only reason for being a bee is to make honey"

"And the only reason for making honey, that I know of, is so that I can eat it"

Do you see how Poohspeak has become all to often previlant logic in today's society...
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I love Winnie-the-Pooh! \:D/ Of course it's not weird to like them as an adult, because we all know that I'm not weird! ;)
Kris Doyle
Still standing tall

Post by Kris Doyle »

No, it's not weird to like Winnie THER Pooh as an adult--but your second point is debatable, Catspaw! ;)
(Not that being weird is a bad thing. I like being weird! \:D/ Normal people are usually either boring or scary. :anxious: )
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

Boo! ;)

I never watched the show as a child or an adult.

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Kris Doyle
Still standing tall

Post by Kris Doyle »

COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:Boo! ;)
You don't scare me, CoT. (Hey, that rhymes! \:D/ ) I was talking about normal people. JK ;)