The Phantom of Paris, by Gwenith M. Vehlow

Has anybody else here read it?

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Kris Doyle
Still standing tall

The Phantom of Paris, by Gwenith M. Vehlow

Post by Kris Doyle »

The Phantom of Paris is a Christian sequel to Phantom of the Opera. It was published by Publish America a few years ago, and I was impressed when I read it! I know I'm prejudiced (because Gwenith is my cousin), but my relatives and I aren't the only ones who like it. Really, it's great.
As some of you know, at the end of Phantom of the Opera, Eric (the deformed man who called himself the Opera Ghost) was believed to be dead, and the characters Raoul and Christine were about to marry. In The Phantom of Paris, Christine discovers evidence that Eric may still be alive! She finds herself missing him and goes down below the Opera House to see if he really is there. But I can't say anything else without ruining the surprise of a good story for those who haven't read it.
Has anyone on the ToO read it (besides me)? If so, what do you think about it?
God bless you, in Jesus' name!!!! :D
"Then Peter said unto them, 'Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.'" (Acts 2:38)
Visit the website of my home church: http://www.freshanointingupc.org
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

Post by Elf of Rivendell »

O_O

Sequel to...Phantom of the Opera? Must...read.
sorrowing you must go, and yet you are not without hope

sarai: rice cookerrrr
uz: 'ice coakrrrrr!!
uz: that's like the next gen shad lexoooooorrrrr
Evangeline Doyle
I've been here a bit

Post by Evangeline Doyle »

:dumb: Are you serious?!
In the words of Elf of Rivendell... "Must... read." and I must go to the library!
God Bless America!
~Evangeline
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Elf of Rivendell wrote:O_O

There is also a sequel by a good friend of Andrew Lloyd Webber called "Phantom of Manhattan".
Kris Doyle
Still standing tall

Post by Kris Doyle »

The Top Crusader wrote:
Elf of Rivendell wrote:O_O

There is also a sequel by a good friend of Andrew Lloyd Webber called "Phantom of Manhattan".
I didn't know that. That's totally, w00t0nly cool! \:D/
God bless you, in Jesus' name!!!! :D
"Then Peter said unto them, 'Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.'" (Acts 2:38)
Visit the website of my home church: http://www.freshanointingupc.org
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Hadn't heard about it until you mentioned it but it sounds very interesting.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz