a look into the future of harry potter

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")

Do you like harry potter? (Note: this is the first poll I have ever made!)

Yes
16%
No
16%
I love harry potter!
21%
I detest harry potter!
47%

Total votes: 19

totustuus
Pilgrim

a look into the future of harry potter

Post by totustuus »

It seems that all the lying and rule breaking are really paying off for harry potter. Why he moves the the US I have no idea, but he ends up controlling nearly the whole town of Bedford Falls. Of course he doesn't go by harry any more, but Henry F. Potter or simply Mr. Potter. Maybe we should ask ourselves if harry potter is really the good guy.
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru

Post by Lord Sesshoumaru »

totustuus wrote:It seems that all the lying and rule breaking are really paying off for harry potter. Why he moves the the US I have no idea, but he ends up controlling nearly the whole town of Bedford Falls. Of course he doesn't go by harry any more, but Henry F. Potter or simply Mr. Potter. Maybe we should ask ourselves if harry potter is really the good guy.
Not everyone is superman. I mean has everyone or perhaps anyone followed every rule in their life (excluding those who came from above mean Jesus).

From your post I gather that you perhaps dislike Harry Potter for either his rule breaking or another reason more so pressing then this. So unless you have other evidence I think this might just be case closed.

Lord Sesshoumaru
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

I have no idea what your talking about. Did you just post a spoiler for the fifth or sixth book? Are you just speculating that's what he'll do because of what he does?
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru

Jman 009 wrote:I have no idea what your talking about. Did you just post a spoiler for the fifth or sixth book? Are you just speculating that's what he'll do because of what he does?
just a minor correction, all books save for book 7 are allready out and as far as movies go all that is left is 5 6 & 7.

Lord Sesshoumaru
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

Ya I know. I haven't read the fifth nor sixth books, so I don't know if it was a spoiler or not.
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Reading the post, I can only assume totustuus was jokingly pointing out that when Harry Potter grows up, he becomes the Henry F. Potter of the "It's a Wonderful Life" film. Though the post would certainly be confusing for people who don't catch the references ;).
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

plz cloze this topic i find it ofeensive thar will b no discursion of henry proter here
totustuus
Pilgrim

Post by totustuus »

Shadowpaw wrote:Reading the post, I can only assume totustuus was jokingly pointing out that when Harry Potter grows up, he becomes the Henry F. Potter of the "It's a Wonderful Life" film. Though the post would certainly be confusing for people who don't catch the references ;).
Yes, I did meant it as a joke. Sorry if I offended you!
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

The Top Crusader wrote:plz cloze this topic i find it ofeensive thar will b no discursion of henry proter here
Wow...you're on a role, aren't ya?

BC
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

The BC wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote:plz cloze this topic i find it ofeensive thar will b no discursion of henry proter here
Wow...you're on a role, aren't ya?

BC
He's on both a role and a roll - impressive, isn't he? \:D/
Lizzy
Not Implemented

Post by Lizzy »

My, my Catspaw but aren't you PUNNY! Honestly that's almost enough to make me sick! #-o.
It's good to visit again... it's been a while!
snowflake
Found

Post by snowflake »

i'm not allowed to read or see Harry Potter...not that I want to.

Thanks Lucy Pevensie for my awsome avatar and signature!!!

Yes, I know it's no longer Christmas but right after I change it it will be again so just get over it...
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

Yeah for detesting harry potter winning!!!!!!!! =D> =D>
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Lizzy wrote:My, my Catspaw but aren't you PUNNY! Honestly that's almost enough to make me sick! #-o.
Yay! My goal of making somebody ill today is now filled! \:D/

Honestly, I just wanted to point out Bennett's incorrect word choice. ;)
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

I got the joke and found it halirious^_^
Lord Sesshoumaru wrote:
totustuus wrote:It seems that all the lying and rule breaking are really paying off for harry potter. Why he moves the the US I have no idea, but he ends up controlling nearly the whole town of Bedford Falls. Of course he doesn't go by harry any more, but Henry F. Potter or simply Mr. Potter. Maybe we should ask ourselves if harry potter is really the good guy.
Not everyone is superman. I mean has everyone or perhaps anyone followed every rule in their life (excluding those who came from above mean Jesus).

From your post I gather that you perhaps dislike Harry Potter for either his rule breaking or another reason more so pressing then this. So unless you have other evidence I think this might just be case closed.

Lord Sesshoumaru
The difference between the Bible and Potter though is the Bible makes it clear that the ends do not justify the means. I can't say the same for the Potter books.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Well the series isn't over yet. ;)
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

No topics on the rtoo should mention the dreaded hp words.
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

mr.whit wrote:No topics on the rtoo should mention the dreaded hp words.
You lost the election mr.whit :(.
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

oooooo #-o that one hurt.

mr.whit, I know you feel strongly about this but I'm afraid that others simply don't share your convictions on the manner. I would suggest that instead of bashing Harry Potter every chance it pops up, that you either ignore it or respond with constructive critism.

I know I wouldn't mind if you started a Harry Potter debate over in the TH faction...
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru

STRYPER wrote:oooooo #-o that one hurt.

mr.whit, I know you feel strongly about this but I'm afraid that others simply don't share your convictions on the manner. I would suggest that instead of bashing Harry Potter every chance it pops up, that you either ignore it or respond with constructive critism.

I know I wouldn't mind if you started a Harry Potter debate over in the TH faction...
I started one back when I first joined the TH, all it ended up comming otu of it was that we should wait till the whole series is out.

Lord Sesshoumaru