Any books that you recommend?

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")

Are you a book worm?

Yes!
96%
No
4%

Total votes: 24

Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

Mara, Daughter of the Nile By Eloise Jarvis McGraw
Frankenstein By Mary Shelley
Anne of Green Gables L.B. Montgomery *I Think...*

There are also SO many more great books!!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Lady Simbelmynë wrote: Anne of Green Gables L.B. Montgomery *I Think...*
L.M. Montgomery might be a better option. ;) Lucy Maude is what the L.M. stand for! :D I have to agree with that recommendation! Anything by L.M.M. is probaby a good choice! A favourite is "The Blue Castle." \:D/
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

If you love romance novels (and even if you don't...) read any books by Janette Oke! They are incredibly good! The Love Comes Softly series (8 total books) is the best. If you don't get into the book watch the movie. (Love Comes Softly and Loves Enduring Promise by Hallmark Films). :inlove: So good, right Catspaw?
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Of course, AIOfan11! :hug:

The movies are definitely different than the books, and I have to say that I like the books more, but the movies are fun too! \:D/

One of my all-time favourite Janette Oke books is "A Gown of Spanish Lace," which is not part of a series, if somebody is looking for a nice easy historical Christian fiction read that doesn't involve a series. :D
Aelwyn
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Aelwyn »

Catspaw wrote:
Lady Simbelmynë wrote: Anne of Green Gables L.B. Montgomery *I Think...*
L.M. Montgomery might be a better option. ;) Lucy Maude is what the L.M. stand for! :D I have to agree with that recommendation! Anything by L.M.M. is probaby a good choice! A favourite is "The Blue Castle." \:D/
I love The Blue Castle! Kilmeny of The Orchard is one of my favorites by L.M. Montgomery.
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

The Canopy seems to be a pretty good one so far, although I'm not finished with it yet. There's some gore and adult themes as you'd expect in an actual adult novel, but it doesn't seem too bad. If you're interested in science (or even languages), I recommend it. It's about a woman trying to find the cure to a disease that destroys the central nervous system, which may be connected to something called T4, which is the antidote. Hmm... now why does that sound so familiar?