The Official Star Wars/EU thread

Timothy Zahn, the NJO, etc.

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")

Do you like Mara Jade?

Yes! She rocks! I'm so glad she married Luke!
100%
She's cool enough, but I liked her better single.
No votes
No! I hate her! Go away, Jade!
No votes

Total votes: 2

Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

The Official Star Wars/EU thread

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

I know I can't be the only Star Wars/Extended Universe fan here. Who else likes EU?
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

Post by Elf of Rivendell »

I like it as well, but I still haven't read a lot of the EU books...>_<

Yes, Mara Jade rocks.
sorrowing you must go, and yet you are not without hope

sarai: rice cookerrrr
uz: 'ice coakrrrrr!!
uz: that's like the next gen shad lexoooooorrrrr
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

My brothers love it!!!

The only contact I've really had with the whole story is playing Jedi Knight and Jedi Knight 2 with Kyle Katran (sp?)

I liked that story but didn't really get into anything else... :(
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

I am guessing that it is a book series? :-k

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

Sort of. Most of the story takes place in the books, but like STRIPPER mentioned there are also a couple of EU video games, and I think there's even a short movie that was made by some fans.

If you're not familiar with EU, I'd read all of the Timothy Zahn books, Star Wars Union, and MAYBE Children of the Jedi. That should give you a pretty clear idea of what's going on.

Even though a lot of important things happen in the NJO series, I DO NOT recommend reading it. There's a lot of new age stuff in it (more than usual; I'm talking about Alien Godesses and stuff like that.), the characters don't have very good values (i.e. spoiler: Jacen Solo, Han and Leia's oldest son, has a daughter out of wedlock), and they do some terrible things to a few of the main characters (spoiler: They kill of Chewbacca and Anakin Solo-- Han and Leia's youngest son).

In Timothy Zahn's books, the characters tend to have very good values, and the way the Force is talked about, you almost wonder if the author might be a Christian. Also, I like the way he portrays Luke and Mara's marriage-- that's the way I want my marriage to be when I'm an adult.