Dee Henderson Fans

Anyone out there?

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
map
Found

Dee Henderson Fans

Post by map »

Is anyone a fan of Dee Henderson? I just finished reading her new book called The Witness. It ranks up there with her best. I really loved the O'Malley Series. I'm glad she's back and started another series
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I read the Witness as soon as I found it in the bookstore and loved it. She is a fantastic writer. I can't wait for her next one. \:D/
Aelwyn
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Aelwyn »

I read the O'Malley series, and the prequel to the O'Malley series. I thought they were good, but I don't think they were my absolute favorite. :anxious:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I really enjoyed all of the O'Malley books! \:D/ Dee Henderson has the distinction of being one of the very few authors who has actually made me cry, even upon re-reading "The Healer." After a while, some of the stuff that happens starts to almost be predictable, but which romantic storyline in Christian fiction isn't, to some extent? ;)

I liked the Uncommon Heroes series, but not as much. That was partially because of the military stuff that I am unfamiliar with, and I just didn't "click" with them as much. I liked the fourth one a bit better because it was the FBI and not Navy SEALS or whatever.

I want to read "The Witness" sometime - with positive references towards it here, I'll definitely have to try to read it soon!
kellyj
Fourscore and seven

Post by kellyj »

I love the O'Malley books. I read them all this summer and abosutely loved them. I read two of the Uncommon Heroes books but I didn't like them as much as the O'Malley books
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

I haven't read Uncommon Heroes (It looks dead boring to me, to be honest), but I've read the O'Malley series and want to read The Witness as soon as it hits my library. (I am a little chagrined over the name; The Witness was going to be the title of my book! Oh well. Melissa's really more of a hostage than a witness, anyways.)

My one complaint about the O'Malley series is that almost every book seemed to involve evangelism dating, which drives me nuts. But her writing style is very similar to mine, and so I came away very inspired to write my current novel. ;)
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

I've read one of her books. I can't remember what it was called, but I thought that it was pretty good!
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Lizzy
Not Implemented

Post by Lizzy »

I LOVE Dee Henderson's Books. I haven't read all of the Uncommon Heroes books, but the ones that I have read I've really liked. I HAVE read all of the O'Malley family books and they made me laugh, cry, get angry , the whole range of emotions. I am looking forward to reading The Witness.
It's good to visit again... it's been a while!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Rachael wrote: My one complaint about the O'Malley series is that almost every book seemed to involve evangelism dating, which drives me nuts.
That's the one thing that bothers me, too. Even if they aren't "dating," they're still get emotionally close in a romantic way to a non-Christian in practically every single book. In real life, the odds of that actually working out so well so many times is very low. :(

But I still really enjoy her books! \:D/
Aelwyn
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Aelwyn »

Catspaw wrote:I really enjoyed all of the O'Malley books! \:D/ Dee Henderson has the distinction of being one of the very few authors who has actually made me cry, even upon re-reading "The Healer."
I don't remember crying when I read the O'Malley series, not even when Jennifer died. But that's because I was too busy thinking "No! Jennifer can't die! She's the one who helps bring almost all her siblings to the Lord!" So I didn't cry, but I got shivers all over when Jennifer died.
Lizzy
Not Implemented

Post by Lizzy »

I bawled through the last half of that book and the first half of the next. I still cry at the part where Jennifer dies and I've read The Healer several times!
It's good to visit again... it's been a while!