Books

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Aelwyn
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Aelwyn »

Carolita wrote:
Catspaw wrote:
Carolita wrote:Elsie Dinsmore is classified as Romance Fiction?

Hm.
I must admit that I read the first two books, found then rather dull, and never read the rest of them. :anxious: But in those first two, romantic fiction did seem like the wrong label. More like moralistic stuff. :anxious:
*laughs!* Well, I read the first two, thought them rather silly, continued reading and found the next 5 very dull. So, it's a good thing you stopped there. ;)

(no offense any Elsie Dinsmore fans!)
I didn't necessarily think the Elsie Dinsmore books were too dull, though parts of them are. But I rather thought that Elsie was too perfect! :roll:
Azariah Ben Yaakov
100% Kosher
100% Kosher
Location: Chillin. Probably sniffing your connection for passwords \:D/

Post by Azariah Ben Yaakov »

Jennifer Doyle wrote:
livin4messiah wrote:what type of books u like? Well i like books about faries i LOVE Artemis fowl. And i also enjoyed reading al lot of the Star Wars books.
I do too! I have 3/4 of the books! There are three actual books and one book which is like a case file. I heard they were going to make it into a movie. That'd be so awesome. Other than the fact I cannot stand how that punk kid gets to be a rotten criminal and still win in the end.

I just finished a Star Wars book called "The Cestus Deception" set in the Clone Wars period. Good stuff!

I love all sorts of novels. "Coming of age" are usually ok. :p I love the Jennie McGrady series SO MUCH!
do u know how to read gnomish? (without the case book? ;)) i do, i can read it by heart, its like a 2nd language to me, i translated the code at the bottom of the books too....its a secret message. its all good. i love artemis fowl. i have read all of them.

Ryan
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Jennifer Doyle wrote: I love all sorts of novels. "Coming of age" are usually ok. :p I love the Jennie McGrady series SO MUCH!
I love those books too! \:D/ I think that book 8 was my favourite - I think it was 8. The one with the fabulous new police dude and an almost-wedding. ;)
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

Karin wrote:
Carolita wrote:
Catspaw wrote:

Hm.
I must admit that I read the first two books, found then rather dull, and never read the rest of them. :anxious: But in those first two, romantic fiction did seem like the wrong label. More like moralistic stuff. :anxious:
*laughs!* Well, I read the first two, thought them rather silly, continued reading and found the next 5 very dull. So, it's a good thing you stopped there. ;)

I didn't necessarily think the Elsie Dinsmore books were too dull, though parts of them are. But I rather thought that Elsie was too perfect! :roll:
I always wanted to drive a steak through Elsie's heart because she was so unrealistic. :boohoo:

*never read the books, but have sisters who talk too much*

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I sorta read through the first Elsie book and glanced at a couple others. They just seemed weird. :anxious: The family relations are bizarre. I don't know what certain others see in them. :-k
Iverkid
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Iverkid »

I generally like anything that is a mystery or is suspense. The only fantasy I have read are Eragon (an awsome book!) and Lord of the Rings (also awsome). Part of the reason I like those two is because they are kind of more organized fantasy. I like it.
Iverkid
Pray for Sri Lanka.
the_newfie_haystack
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by the_newfie_haystack »

COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:
Karin wrote:
Carolita wrote:
Catspaw wrote:

Hm.

I always wanted to drive a steak through Elsie's heart because she was so unrealistic. :boohoo:

-Cowboy
I wouldn't drive the steak through her heart, I'd eat the steak! ;) J/K
Anyway, I've read the first book. CoT's right, it wasn't very realistic. My favorite type of books are... well, I like all kinds of books! :D

Haystack
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting." -- E. E. Cummings
Iverkid
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Iverkid »

the_newfie_haystack wrote:
COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:
Karin wrote:
Carolita wrote:
Catspaw wrote:

Hm.

-Cowboy
I wouldn't drive the steak through her heart, I'd eat the steak! ;) J/K
Anyway, I've read the first book. CoT's right, it wasn't very realistic. My favorite type of books are... well, I like all kinds of books! :D

Haystack
Books in general are just good.

Iverkid
Pray for Sri Lanka.
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

livin4messiah wrote:
Jman 009 wrote:I like Christian fiction, mostly Peretti. I also read horror specifically when it's under the name King (Stephen King). I also like Young Adult novels mostly R. L. Stine, but I also stray from him and read other Point Fiction and Scholastic thrillers. I also LOVE everything I have read by Michael Crichton.
i like a lot of S.K books, i own 2 of them, but i cant remeber there names...but they were good. (*some adult supervising required*) but i know i read: THE STAND. that was pretty good. My friend watched the movie, and he said it brought his dad 2 tears he was soscared. and his dad is a very seirious, hardcore person.

Ryan
(*Alot of adult supervising required*)

I LOVED The Stand movie! (haven't read the book yet) The end, or rather the climax before the end nearly brought me to tears!

Did you say he was so scared? I don't see what was scary about it. But then again, I don't get scared by any of Stephen Kings books/movies or other assorted "scary" movies.

I also didn't add to the list I read any movie novel I can get my hands on too. Unless it's a dumb movie like Cider House Rules, October Sky, or The Divine Secrets Of The Ya-Ya Sisterhood Of Traveling Pants.

A really really REALLY good book to everyon of the age of 12 (or possible even younger, because the world is a dangerous place for stuff like this nowadays) is I Kissed Dating Good Bye by Joshua Harris. Don't not read this just because of the name, because it doesn just say 'Don't Date'... but looks at the aspects of what's harmful in dating today and how to focus your relationship with God in the middle.
Evolution is a faith, not a science!