Books

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Azariah Ben Yaakov
100% Kosher
100% Kosher
Location: Chillin. Probably sniffing your connection for passwords \:D/

Books

Post by Azariah Ben Yaakov »

what type of books u like? Well i like books about faries (*no i am not weird...or whatever evil thoughts are going through your head)* i LOVE Artemis fowl. all of thos books. The Spiderwick Chronicles. i also like; The Tom Clancy Rainbow seiris, (*but i dont suggest reading though. there about wars, and spec ops missions, i know delta might be interested, but they have some inappropriate content, other than that they are great*) i like the Shakespear book; Macbeth. And i also enjoyed reading al lot of the Star Wars books.

Ryan
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

*dials on payphone for nearest mod*
Hello, mod? I have a topic here that needs moving.
*hangs up*
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

*dislikes phone calls*

*moves thread to the Harlequin anyway*

It's good that you read Shakespeare already - good for you! :D
Tyrell
No way I broke the window

Post by Tyrell »

I military books and stuff about the cold war.........
~S~
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Christian fiction, just about any kind. History, especially Revolutionary War, Civil War and anything about Abraham Lincoln or George Washington.
jasodia
I'm not Gabe

Post by jasodia »

I love like all books. Except hardcore science fiction...Star Wars and stuff are okay, but I nearly died reading War of the Worlds (liked to movie tho!). I really like fantasy and historical fiction about English nobles/royalty females. Go figure.

my best friend is pink jeans!
"I don't pretend to be Captain Weird. I just am."
-Johnny Depp
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

I like Christian fiction, mostly Peretti. I also read horror specifically when it's under the name King (Stephen King). I also like Young Adult novels mostly R. L. Stine, but I also stray from him and read other Point Fiction and Scholastic thrillers. I also LOVE everything I have read by Michael Crichton.
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
Azariah Ben Yaakov
100% Kosher
100% Kosher
Location: Chillin. Probably sniffing your connection for passwords \:D/

Post by Azariah Ben Yaakov »

Jman 009 wrote:I like Christian fiction, mostly Peretti. I also read horror specifically when it's under the name King (Stephen King). I also like Young Adult novels mostly R. L. Stine, but I also stray from him and read other Point Fiction and Scholastic thrillers. I also LOVE everything I have read by Michael Crichton.
i like a lot of S.K books, i own 2 of them, but i cant remeber there names...but they were good. (*some adult supervising required*) but i know i read: THE STAND. that was pretty good. My friend watched the movie, and he said it brought his dad 2 tears he was soscared. and his dad is a very seirious, hardcore person.

Ryan
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

I like historical fiction, Henty, Optic, etc. ; Tom Clancy (but his stuff has bad words :( ); I haven't read any science fiction books, I would rather see the movies or series; and I like the Christian stuff too. \:D/
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Anne
OK

Post by Anne »

I used to really like Christian fiction, but now I have a hard time reading it as I've read so much it all seems the same. Part of me wants to start reading political philosophy books (Plato, Socrates, Augustine, Locke, etc.) for the beautification of my soul, as my prof would say, but the larger part of me is too lazy. So, that means that I don't do much reading outside of my required reading for school, but that is enough reading to keep me busy anyways.
ajamj
Older Than Dirt
Older Than Dirt

Post by ajamj »

I read basically non-fiction. If I do read fiction it is usually a classic.
Carolita
I'm not Gabe
Location: the small fraction of time between normal hectic life and mega hectic college

Post by Carolita »

I like fairy tales. \:D/

....and....classic fiction, historical fiction, intense fiction....whatever. :)

non-fiction books I enjoy reading are missionary books, devotional-type books and.....well, I basically like any book so long as it's interesting. :p
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

I like westerns too. \:D/ Louis L'amour is good, except for the occasional swear word.

-Cowboy
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Romance. :inlove: Fiction, too! And what is even better, romance fiction! :inlove: :D
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

AIOFan11 wrote:Romance. :inlove: Fiction, too! And what is even better, romance fiction! :inlove: :D
You might like Elsie Dinsmore. :noway:

-Cowboy

Carolita
I'm not Gabe
Location: the small fraction of time between normal hectic life and mega hectic college

Post by Carolita »

Elsie Dinsmore is classified as Romance Fiction?

Hm.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Carolita wrote:Elsie Dinsmore is classified as Romance Fiction?

Hm.
I must admit that I read the first two books, found then rather dull, and never read the rest of them. :anxious: But in those first two, romantic fiction did seem like the wrong label. More like moralistic stuff. :anxious:
Carolita
I'm not Gabe

Post by Carolita »

Catspaw wrote:
Carolita wrote:Elsie Dinsmore is classified as Romance Fiction?

Hm.
I must admit that I read the first two books, found then rather dull, and never read the rest of them. :anxious: But in those first two, romantic fiction did seem like the wrong label. More like moralistic stuff. :anxious:
*laughs!* Well, I read the first two, thought them rather silly, continued reading and found the next 5 very dull. So, it's a good thing you stopped there. ;)

(no offense any Elsie Dinsmore fans!)

But anyway, back on topic, I also like a good western story. Cowboys are very cool. \:D/
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

livin4messiah wrote:what type of books u like? Well i like books about faries i LOVE Artemis fowl. And i also enjoyed reading al lot of the Star Wars books.
I do too! I have 3/4 of the books! There are three actual books and one book which is like a case file. I heard they were going to make it into a movie. That'd be so awesome. Other than the fact I cannot stand how that punk kid gets to be a rotten criminal and still win in the end.

I just finished a Star Wars book called "The Cestus Deception" set in the Clone Wars period. Good stuff!

I love all sorts of novels. "Coming of age" are usually ok. :p I love the Jennie McGrady series SO MUCH!
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Robo
A great mapmaker

Post by Robo »

I like reading books... But they have to be an easier reading level, Because it hard to keep my nose in a book for a long time...

So anyway, I love the Chronicles of Narnia (Although I've only read the first 2), I also like the Series of Unfortunate Events (Good reading, i'm telling you), & I'm "Driving" Myself to finish read the Lord of the Rings ('Cause its a little more difficult to read, I'm in the Two Towers), & I'm rading the Hobbit for the 2nd time (Because i have this devontional called "Walking with Bilbo" that goes along with The Hobbit book)...

-Robo