Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:54 am 
I spam the HH. A lot
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:13 pm

Posts: 4234
Gender: Female

Cash: 0.00
Carolita wrote:
Catspaw wrote:
Carolita wrote:
Elsie Dinsmore is classified as Romance Fiction?



Hm.

I must admit that I read the first two books, found then rather dull, and never read the rest of them. :anxious: But in those first two, romantic fiction did seem like the wrong label. More like moralistic stuff. :anxious:


*laughs!* Well, I read the first two, thought them rather silly, continued reading and found the next 5 very dull. So, it's a good thing you stopped there. ;)

(no offense any Elsie Dinsmore fans!)


I didn't necessarily think the Elsie Dinsmore books were too dull, though parts of them are. But I rather thought that Elsie was too perfect! :roll:

_________________
Image


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject: Re: Books
Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:02 am 
100% Kosher
100% Kosher
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:02 pm

Posts: 5746
Gender: Male

Cash: 0.00
Jennifer Doyle wrote:
livin4messiah wrote:
what type of books u like? Well i like books about faries i LOVE Artemis fowl. And i also enjoyed reading al lot of the Star Wars books.



I do too! I have 3/4 of the books! There are three actual books and one book which is like a case file. I heard they were going to make it into a movie. That'd be so awesome. Other than the fact I cannot stand how that punk kid gets to be a rotten criminal and still win in the end.

I just finished a Star Wars book called "The Cestus Deception" set in the Clone Wars period. Good stuff!

I love all sorts of novels. "Coming of age" are usually ok. :p I love the Jennie McGrady series SO MUCH!
do u know how to read gnomish? (without the case book? ;)) i do, i can read it by heart, its like a 2nd language to me, i translated the code at the bottom of the books too....its a secret message. its all good. i love artemis fowl. i have read all of them.

Ryan

_________________
Image


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject: Re: Books
Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:19 am 
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
User avatar


Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:42 am

Posts: 28063
Age: 33
Gender: Female

Cash: 5,591.05
Bank: 1,958.31
Jennifer Doyle wrote:
I love all sorts of novels. "Coming of age" are usually ok. :p I love the Jennie McGrady series SO MUCH!

I love those books too! \:D/ I think that book 8 was my favourite - I think it was 8. The one with the fabulous new police dude and an almost-wedding. ;)

_________________
Image


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:22 pm 
I was here from the beginning
User avatar
Dreaming of you...

Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:03 am

Posts: 15731
Age: 29
Gender: Male

Cash: 2.62
Bank: 28.20
Karin wrote:
Carolita wrote:
Catspaw wrote:
Carolita wrote:
Elsie Dinsmore is classified as Romance Fiction?



Hm.

I must admit that I read the first two books, found then rather dull, and never read the rest of them. :anxious: But in those first two, romantic fiction did seem like the wrong label. More like moralistic stuff. :anxious:


*laughs!* Well, I read the first two, thought them rather silly, continued reading and found the next 5 very dull. So, it's a good thing you stopped there. ;)

(no offense any Elsie Dinsmore fans!)


I didn't necessarily think the Elsie Dinsmore books were too dull, though parts of them are. But I rather thought that Elsie was too perfect! :roll:


I always wanted to drive a steak through Elsie's heart because she was so unrealistic. :boohoo:

*never read the books, but have sisters who talk too much*

-Cowboy

_________________
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
Image
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:50 pm 
[url=http://www.wholesalenfljerseyscheapstore.com/]Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping[/url]



Cash: Locked
Bank: Locked
I sorta read through the first Elsie book and glanced at a couple others. They just seemed weird. :anxious: The family relations are bizarre. I don't know what certain others see in them. :-k


Top
   
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:26 am 
Catspaw knows all
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 01, 2005 8:50 am

Posts: 823
Gender: Male

Cash: 0.00
I generally like anything that is a mystery or is suspense. The only fantasy I have read are Eragon (an awsome book!) and Lord of the Rings (also awsome). Part of the reason I like those two is because they are kind of more organized fantasy. I like it.
Iverkid

_________________
Image
Pray for Sri Lanka.


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:26 pm 
Catspaw knows all
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:55 am

Posts: 893
Gender: Female

Cash: 234.80
COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:
Karin wrote:
Carolita wrote:
Catspaw wrote:
Carolita wrote:
Elsie Dinsmore is classified as Romance Fiction?



Hm.

I must admit that I read the first two books, found then rather dull, and never read the rest of them. :anxious: But in those first two, romantic fiction did seem like the wrong label. More like moralistic stuff. :anxious:


*laughs!* Well, I read the first two, thought them rather silly, continued reading and found the next 5 very dull. So, it's a good thing you stopped there. ;)

(no offense any Elsie Dinsmore fans!)


I didn't necessarily think the Elsie Dinsmore books were too dull, though parts of them are. But I rather thought that Elsie was too perfect! :roll:


I always wanted to drive a steak through Elsie's heart because she was so unrealistic. :boohoo:

*never read the books, but have sisters who talk too much*

-Cowboy


I wouldn't drive the steak through her heart, I'd eat the steak! ;) J/K
Anyway, I've read the first book. CoT's right, it wasn't very realistic. My favorite type of books are... well, I like all kinds of books! :D

Haystack

_________________
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting." -- E. E. Cummings


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:45 pm 
Catspaw knows all
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 01, 2005 8:50 am

Posts: 823
Gender: Male

Cash: 0.00
the_newfie_haystack wrote:
COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:
Karin wrote:
Carolita wrote:
Catspaw wrote:
Carolita wrote:
Elsie Dinsmore is classified as Romance Fiction?



Hm.

I must admit that I read the first two books, found then rather dull, and never read the rest of them. :anxious: But in those first two, romantic fiction did seem like the wrong label. More like moralistic stuff. :anxious:


*laughs!* Well, I read the first two, thought them rather silly, continued reading and found the next 5 very dull. So, it's a good thing you stopped there. ;)

(no offense any Elsie Dinsmore fans!)


I didn't necessarily think the Elsie Dinsmore books were too dull, though parts of them are. But I rather thought that Elsie was too perfect! :roll:


I always wanted to drive a steak through Elsie's heart because she was so unrealistic. :boohoo:

*never read the books, but have sisters who talk too much*

-Cowboy


I wouldn't drive the steak through her heart, I'd eat the steak! ;) J/K
Anyway, I've read the first book. CoT's right, it wasn't very realistic. My favorite type of books are... well, I like all kinds of books! :D

Haystack


Books in general are just good.

Iverkid

_________________
Image
Pray for Sri Lanka.


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:23 pm 
I'm as fancy as Penguin!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:00 am

Posts: 2195
Gender: Male

Cash: 0.00
livin4messiah wrote:
Jman 009 wrote:
I like Christian fiction, mostly Peretti. I also read horror specifically when it's under the name King (Stephen King). I also like Young Adult novels mostly R. L. Stine, but I also stray from him and read other Point Fiction and Scholastic thrillers. I also LOVE everything I have read by Michael Crichton.
i like a lot of S.K books, i own 2 of them, but i cant remeber there names...but they were good. (*some adult supervising required*) but i know i read: THE STAND. that was pretty good. My friend watched the movie, and he said it brought his dad 2 tears he was soscared. and his dad is a very seirious, hardcore person.

Ryan


(*Alot of adult supervising required*)

I LOVED The Stand movie! (haven't read the book yet) The end, or rather the climax before the end nearly brought me to tears!

Did you say he was so scared? I don't see what was scary about it. But then again, I don't get scared by any of Stephen Kings books/movies or other assorted "scary" movies.

I also didn't add to the list I read any movie novel I can get my hands on too. Unless it's a dumb movie like Cider House Rules, October Sky, or The Divine Secrets Of The Ya-Ya Sisterhood Of Traveling Pants.

A really really REALLY good book to everyon of the age of 12 (or possible even younger, because the world is a dangerous place for stuff like this nowadays) is I Kissed Dating Good Bye by Joshua Harris. Don't not read this just because of the name, because it doesn just say 'Don't Date'... but looks at the aspects of what's harmful in dating today and how to focus your relationship with God in the middle.

_________________
Evolution is a faith, not a science!


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
The site is in no way affiliated with Focus on the Family. "Adventures in Odyssey" is the registered trademark of Focus on the Family.