Todd Houston

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Todd Houston

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Does anyone know who he is? I met him today at Mac Christian School and He is awesome. If you don't know who he is, he has climbed every highest elevation in the United States(all 50 states) and has been on Mt. Mckinley, the highest mountain in Alaska and North America. He has only one leg, with an artificial leg, and he believes in God and believes that God helps him through everything. He climbed all the 50 mountains in 67 days, beating the record thast was 101 days from a British man. He is so cool. If you can find his book, that is called "More than Mountains" then you should definetly read it! It is cool. I can't read it till Monday, but I am going to read it, so you should too. If you can find it.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

How exciting! \:D/ I'm not familiar with him, but it's cool that you enjoyed hearing from him!

*moves to Harlequin Theatre*
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

That's cool, when you get done with his book, you should read Lost on Everest: The Search for Mallory & Irving.

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Thanks! I will try to get to the library and look it up and read it. I don't get to the library much becasue of school and how far from civilization I am at. I live in the woods and have no friends to play with around my house. I will read it. Thanks again.
jasodia
I'm not Gabe

Post by jasodia »

I have the utmost respect for people who climb mountains. I've climbed a few in my lifetime and probably wouldn't care if I never do again!

my best friend is pink jeans!
"I don't pretend to be Captain Weird. I just am."
-Johnny Depp
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

jasodia wrote:I have the utmost respect for people who climb mountains. I've climbed a few in my lifetime and probably wouldn't care if I never do again!
What do you mean? I am not sure I get this.You are only 14?

He is cool to me. I have seen him in person!