Plays!

Shakespeare or not...

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

No one mourns the Wicked! I've got tickets for August 17th! Only 90 days away!
Sunday
Popsicle kid

Post by Sunday »

I've seen a couple of shows in Chicago like Joseph and Phantom, which was especially cool because they actually dropped the chandeller(sp??!) towards the audience, but the plays I see most often are in a round barn in a little community not far from my house.

We're going to the barn tomorrow to see Your a Good Man Charlie Brown. I'll post a review... :anxious:

I think the best show I've ever seen was Guys and Dolls. Sit down, sit down, sit down, you're rockin the boat!

The worst was probably....South Pacific. Fuddy Meers was a bomb too. And I wouldn't send anyone to see A funny thing happened on the way to the forum. Yuck.
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

Sunday wrote: I think the best show I've ever seen was Guys and Dolls. Sit down, sit down, sit down, you're rockin the boat!
I've wanted for a long time to see that Broadway. I've been signing it's songs forever.

"Luck be a Lady Tonight!
Luck be a Lady Tonight
Luck if you've ever been a Lady to begin with
Luck be a Lady tonight!"

"Luck let a gentlemen see
How much a blablbablablabla you can be
Stick with me baby I'm the fella' you came in with
Luck be a Lady! (Luck be a Lady) Luck be a Lady..."
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

"I dreamed last night I was on a boat to heaven...and by some chance I had brought my dice along!" :headphones:
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

Or Fugue for Tinhorns!

"Likes mud...Likes Mud...this 'X' means the horse likes Mud. If this means the horse likes Mud, likes Mud, likes Mud."
"Can do...Can do...this 'X' means the horse can do. If this means the horse can do...can do...can do..."
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I love going to plays! I've seen Fiddler on the Roof, Bye bye Birdie, Guys and Dolls and Hello Dolly! Musicals all, but I just love plays.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Sunday
Popsicle kid

Post by Sunday »

Your a Good Man, Charlie Brown

It was great fun, but very different from the plays I'm used to seeing. The cast consisted of 6 members: Charlie, Sally, and Snoopy Brown, Lucy and Linus Van Pelt, and Schroder. Although the program said it was based on a typical day in the life of Charlie, it seems unlikely :-s (if not impossible) that school, a baseball game, a counseling session with Lucy, homework time, 2 choir practices with Schroeder (and a bunch more) could fit into one day. Despite the impracticalities, I smile through the whole show. Linus was my favorite. His contrasting 'baby' habits and his psycho jargon never failed to tickle my funny bone. \:D/ He reminds me of my self, although I don't carry the blanket with me. Linus in The book report: “In examining a book such as Peter Rabbit, it is important that the superficial characteristics of its deceptively simple plot should not be allowed to blind the reader to the more substantial fabric of its deeper motivations. In this report I plan to discuss the sociological implications of family pressures so great as to drive an otherwise moral rabbit to perform acts of thievery which he consciously knew were against the law. I also hope to explore the personality of Mr.Macgregor in his conflicting roles as farmer and humanitarian. Peter Rabbit is established from the start as a benevolent hero and it is only..."

:D How great is that!

I can say a whole lot more if anyone is interested! :-

You're a good man, Charlie Brown
You're the kind of reminder we need
You have humility, Nobility, and a sense of honor that is very rare indeed
You're a prince and a prince could be king
With a heart such as yours you could open any doors
You could go out and do anything
You could be King Charlie Brown, you could be king!
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

I have seen a few plays and I do like going to them unfortunaly I don't get to go often.