Song Memorization

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Song Memorization

Post by J-man »

Have you ever memorized a song just by listening to it? I have..
Lately I've been listening to The beautiful letdown By switchfoot. I have Meant to live, Dare You To Move, Gone,and Adding To The Noise pretty much memorized. Have you ever memorized a song?
...I hate marquees.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

That's how I memorize most songs, actually. :anxious: I typically need to see the lyrics just to get the exact words right, but I quickly get a hang of the song pretty quickly. \:D/
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

I have this friend who has the "unique" gift of being able to watch a musical once and know almost all of the words and songs by heart. It's really odd.

Wish I had that gift.
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Frank wrote:I have this friend who has the "unique" gift of being able to watch a musical once and know almost all of the words and songs by heart. It's really odd.

Wish I had that gift.
That is odd. I wish I could do that too. I know what they are going to say (after listening to it alot), but I don't know exactly what they are going to say. In example, they use different words than I do!
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I pick up tunes really fast but the lyrics tend to take more of an effort. There's nothing like repetition. \:D/
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

The majority of teens in a study said they didn't listen to the lyrics of certain (bad) songs but when asked to write down lyrics they could remember for $$ they could remember about 80% of the song...

I remember songs pretty easily. I just have to hear it a few (hundred...just kidding) times.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Me
An original

Post by Me »

I can generally have the song memorized after 5 listens. If they lyrics are difficult to pick up, like Underoath, it can take much longer.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Underoath? Never heard of them...

Well, there are some songs I memorize willingly...others I memorize because I keep hearing them places. Annoying songs like anything by Relient K for example. Though I am proud to say I can tune them out and haven't memorized a SINGLE song!
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
beka8910
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by beka8910 »

I memorize song just from hearing them on the radio. I think its wicked funny cause I'll brake out in the song I heard on the radio in the morning during school and know every word and my friends are like... why must you know that song
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Repetition is the key! If I hear a song a bunch of times, I'll probably memorize at least a bunch of it, whether I want to or not. Not so good when they play such lame music at work, though I try to tune it out as much as possible!
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

I memorize a song, then memorize another one, and about three or four songs down the line I have mostly forgotten that one. ](*,) But I can still sing along with it if I hear it again.
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
Me
An original

Post by Me »

LovedbyGod wrote:Underoath? Never heard of them...
Well, let's just say that if you don't like Relient K, it's pretty safe to say you won't like Underoath. They are a Screamo band.

My current goal is to memorize every Supertones song in existence.
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

...After listening to the ending of ROD TV maybe two times, I had it almost memorized. After listening to the opening of Sakura Taisen maybe 100 times, I also had it memorized. It's one of the completely useless superpowers that I have apparently acquired. However, since I don't listen to much beyond video game music its applications are limited...
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
dancer02248
I've been working out

Post by dancer02248 »

yeah, i can memorize many songs by just listnening to them , but more, i just memorize parts of them. if i want to know the exact lirics, i often have to look them up, otherwise sometimes i just make up my own lyrics ;) :- \:D/
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

It's quite cool to have a song playing in your head. If I think of a song that I have memorized it starts playing in my head.. :D
...I hate marquees.
Linne
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Linne »

I memorize every song I have after hearing it maybe three times. So I sing along as I listen. :D