Anyone here heard the radio drama series "Jonathan Park"?

Vision Forum's (somewhat) new creation radio show

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
Dave
Classic

Anyone here heard the radio drama series "Jonathan Park"?

Post by Dave »

A few days ago I stumbled across yet another radio drama on the Family Audio Reading page of the latest CBD catalog called "Jonathan Park." It's a realitively new show (I think there's only two or three albums available) about a boy whose father is a evolutionary scientist (or something like that) and how they go on adventures and find out how it really couldn't have happened. I'm thinking about purchasing the albums, but really don't want to waste my money on something I can't hear a full episode of first. Have any of you heard it? If so, is it good? I look forward to seeing what people have to say about this radio show.

Dave
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

They air it here every summer. \:D/
The story focuses on Jonathan Park and his dad Kendall Park who is an archaelogist or something. Kendall had wandered away from his faith in his adult years. He was a believer in evolution and had some kind of job (yeah, I'm real helpful here). He eventually became convinced that evolution was false and at some point came back to his Christian roots. While there is a clear storyline being followed, every show contains information on findings and such that prove the young-earth theory which is touted by this show. It's clear that these shows were created as an apologetic tool. :) It's not up to AIO quality but you'll probably enjoy it.
Dave
Classic

Post by Dave »

So, have you heard all the episodes, Chandler? How do they compare with other radio shows such as AIO and Radio Theatre (I'm thinking more in the writing and spritual area here than in the sound effects and music)? Do they keep you listening or are they a little boring? Thanks!

Dave
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I've heard some of the shows. Like I said, they were obviously created in order to present some facts on archeology and Creationism in a palatable way for kids. Essentially taking some facts and packaging them up with a storyline. That distingishes it from AIO which has a general Christian theme and Radio Theatre which is mostly works written by other people (although I realize that someone has to take a lot of time to make a good adaption). It's not AIO or RT quality but neither is Jungle Jam. :anxious: I remember one show in particular where Jonathan was playing Sherlock Holmes then he goes to school and his teacher's name is Mr. Moriarty! Needless to say, I was very suspicious of the teacher no matter how nice he sounded. :anxious: If you're interested in facts on Creationism you should find their info interesting. If you're just looking to them for entertainment value and a clever storyline, you could probably find something else. :shrugs:
I like listening to them along with AIO and Radio Theatre on Saturday morning. :)
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

I think I have heard some of those shows....*scratches head in thought*
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

I haven't heard it I might check it out soon.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I've seen it advertised in the magazine, but I've never heard before. :(
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Dave
Classic

Post by Dave »

Well, I took a chance and ordered the two CD sets. I can blame Chandler if I don't like it. :D
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

I've never heard it, but it sounds good. I think I might check it out!
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

I have heard of them. I haven't gotten any because I am afraid I won't like them. I don't want to waste my money, when I could buy an AIO and for sure love it. I need to get one though. Do ya'll think it is a waste of money?

Oh, and www.JonathanPark.com.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Dave wrote:Well, I took a chance and ordered the two CD sets. I can blame Chandler if I don't like it. :D
You could always just mail them to me instead. :-
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Chandler wrote:
Dave wrote:Well, I took a chance and ordered the two CD sets. I can blame Chandler if I don't like it. :D
You could always just mail them to me instead. :-
I'll take them!!
Dave
Classic

Post by Dave »

Thanks for all your offers to take the CDs off my hands, but I'd rather sell them online and at least get back some of my wasted money. Anyway, it's not like I've got them yet. I might actually like them. If I don't I'll probably just keep them in my bottom drawer until I either come across someone (in real life, so I don't have to pay to post them) who's interested in that sort of stuff or I'll keep them as a last resort to listen to if I am really bored. When I get them, I'll be sure to tell ya'll what I thought of them.

Dave
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Best wishes Dave. :) Hope you like them.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I am interested to hear as well. I'm not going to order them until I see a review.