Who is your favorite Superhero

Who??

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.

Who is your favorite Superhero?

Superman
15%
Spiderman
36%
Batman
15%
Fantastic 4
No votes
Punisher
3%
Hulk
3%
X-Men
3%
Captain America
3%
Captain America
3%
Green Lantern
No votes
Spawn
No votes
Other (specify)
18%

Total votes: 33

jollyholiday
I'm a teapot

Post by jollyholiday »

COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:
jollyholiday wrote:No, they were a creation for that show. I think there are about 6 EPs of SB that are centered around them.

Maybe that makes them fake superheroes.

-jolly
Do you just watch because of your kids? Or do you really enjoy it?

-Cowboy
I'm not ashamed to call myself a fan of Spongebob.

My kids really enjoy the show themselves and that was my intro to it, but the writing is often witty and a bit wry and I do enjoy it quite a bit.

Give it a chance Cowboy, SB will grow on you.

-jolly
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

I LOVE Sponge Bob too! I own The Sponge Bob Square Pants Movie on DVD. I haven't watched it yet though.
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

jollyholiday wrote:Give it a chance Cowboy, SB will grow on you.

-jolly
I'm going to have to agree with that statement. It's the only worthwhile show on Nickelodeon anymore.
Trinarius
If posts were pigs...

Post by Trinarius »

jollyholiday wrote:
COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:
jollyholiday wrote:No, they were a creation for that show. I think there are about 6 EPs of SB that are centered around them.

Maybe that makes them fake superheroes.

-jolly
Do you just watch because of your kids? Or do you really enjoy it?

-Cowboy
I'm not ashamed to call myself a fan of Spongebob.

My kids really enjoy the show themselves and that was my intro to it, but the writing is often witty and a bit wry and I do enjoy it quite a bit.

Give it a chance Cowboy, SB will grow on you.

-jolly
Many people have told me about Spongebob. I've never really watched it, so I wouldn't be qualified to say whether I would like it or not, but it just baffles me as to how popular this silly cartoon is! :-k
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

I don't watch Spongebob. I don't hate it, but it kinda annoys me. The only Nickelodean shows I watch are Fairly Odd Parents and Jimmy Nuetron.
But since that had nothing to do do with superheroes, I'd like to say that I think the reason people like Spider-man is because he's easier to identify with. He goes through more personal struggles than, say, Superman.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Elrohir wrote:But since that had nothing to do do with superheroes, I'd like to say that I think the reason people like Spider-man is because he's easier to identify with. He goes through more personal struggles than, say, Superman.
That is also what makes Bruce Wayne appealing.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Jonathan wrote:
Elrohir wrote:But since that had nothing to do do with superheroes, I'd like to say that I think the reason people like Spider-man is because he's easier to identify with. He goes through more personal struggles than, say, Superman.
I'm not sure how much most of us have in common with a millionaire... but if you do, well... I'm taking donations. ;)
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Brian wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
I'm not sure how much most of us have in common with a millionaire... but if you do, well... I'm taking donations. ;)
*laughs*

Ok, appearently I need to clarify what I said. No, most of us can't identify with that, but I was refering to those 'personal struggles' Elrohir brought up. Guilt, anger, all that jazz.
WindowWasher
I've been here a bit

Post by WindowWasher »

For me, Batman has always been my favorite because I COULD be Batman. I couldn't be Superman, because I'd have to come from another planet. I couldn't be Spider-man because I'd have to get bit by a radio active spider ( not quite as hard as coming from another planet). Batman is more realistic. He's an average guy who has a ton of money and knows martial arts. If I won the lottery and took up martial arts, I could be Batman!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

As far as "powerless" heroes, I'd rather be the Punisher than Batman. ;)
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

Brian wrote:As far as "powerless" heroes, I'd rather be the Punisher than Batman. ;)
Ok, this might sound a bit comic novice question, but who exactly is Punisher? Didn't they have a movie a year or two ago?

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:
Brian wrote:As far as "powerless" heroes, I'd rather be the Punisher than Batman. ;)
Ok, this might sound a bit comic novice question, but who exactly is Punisher? Didn't they have a movie a year or two ago?

-Cowboy
Indeed. A film in 2004, as well as one in 1989.

For full details on all things Punisher... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punisher
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

Brian wrote:
COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:

-Cowboy
Indeed. A film in 2004, as well as one in 1989.

For full details on all things Punisher... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punisher

I knew from the add that his character was dark, but I didn't think that it was that dark.

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Sarah
Someone's favorite

Post by Sarah »

My favorite is Batman, because he didn't get like bit by a spider or something (totally a corny plot, if you ask me... a spider? are you serious?) stupid like that... he had connections. He got awesome stuff, like that "car" - if you could call it that, more like a tank - the special cape that made you glide and stuff.

The movie was cool too, I loved it. :)

Sarah