Anime and Manga

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Anime and Manga

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Anyone here into Anime and/or Manga? Discuss it here! :D
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

I generally watch anime with my dad (who's cool about such things :D), so he gives me recommendations.
For fans of Rockman/Megaman, especially Battle Network, I'd suggest watching Rockman.EXE Original/Axess/Stream, which makes up about 4 full seasons of 26 episodes in all. Might not be everyone's cup of insert drink here, but I liked it. Watch the fansubs at all costs, though. The official dub is awful-type.
Read or Die's pretty awesome. And has the best special ability ever. The movie's vastly better than the TV series, but both are pretty good whether or not you've watched both (although the TV series has a massive tie-in episode around the middle that doesn't really make sense without the movie.) The movie's dub is good, but I'd recommend watching the fansubbed TV series.
Sakura Wars is also pretty cool, about 25 episodes in all. And as far as I know the DVD subtitles are good. That's all I ever use to watch it.
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Winds, Laputa: Castle in the Sky, Neko no Ongaeshi/The Cat Returns, and Spirited Away are all Studio Ghibli movies. Need I say more?
I'm bound to think of more later. Then I'll come back and post again. Yay.
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

I dislike the stuff myself.
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

I think the art is pretty, but I don't watch any of the shows or read the comics or anything like that.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

I read it live it love it im currently tring to collect every SJ graphic novel out there *Needs knights of the zodiac vol.2*
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

Eugene Kendall wrote:I read it live it love it im currently tring to collect every SJ graphic novel out there *Needs knights of the zodiac vol.2*
Do you eat it as well? :shock:
xiao
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by xiao »

I only like the art style, I and I only like some of their art styles. If that counts.
HarlowRoxMySox
Smile for the camera

Post by HarlowRoxMySox »

I have a couple of friends obsessed with it. The only show I watch is Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce, Go! (Golly Gee Whilikers!, 10 billion of you just prejudged it just from the name, I know it.) But it's a really good show on Toon Disney. I knew it would come out sooner or later, but this show is one of my obsessions, and that's what my Avatar is, just so you know.

But, I guess technically it's not quite an anime. It's more like cartoon based on anime. But w/e.
Do any of YOU know how to make hand shadows?

Kathrine Doyle is my dorky little sister... JK... kinda ^o^
My awsome Avatar & Sig were illustrated by a friend named Navi!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I wish they had made an anime based on the regular Mega Man series... that was always my favorite, although a Mega Man X one could be cool. I know (before someone reminds me ;)) that there was a Mega Man cartoon a few years back based on such, but, it wasn't very anime like (which all the drawings and such in the instruction books were), and overall wasn't very good. :(

But anyway, I'm not much into anime. Back when it was on Toonami my senior year of high school, I developed a certain affection for the various Tenchi series floating around out there, but that's about it.
Last edited by The Top Crusader on Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Xiao wrote:I only like the art style, I and I only like some of their art styles. If that counts.
I guess it would. I'd love to be able to draw that style of art . . . too bad I'm no artist. #-o
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I've seen a little bit of it but I wasn't impressed. 8-[
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

Screech wrote:I dislike the stuff myself.
Same here.
David O
I'm memorable

Post by David O »

Of course, being a fan of the Wachawski Brother's work, I have seen the Animatrix. Other than that, the only Anime I have invested the time and money into being interested in is Gungrave. Personally, I can't afford the time to watch the stuff. I love it, but for me it's so addicting that I stay away from most all anime. And of course their is all the edgy stuff that's so frequently thought of as characterizing all anime...
Not dead yet.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Screech wrote:
Eugene Kendall wrote:I read it live it love it im currently tring to collect every SJ graphic novel out there *Needs knights of the zodiac vol.2*
Do you eat it as well? :shock:
:-k nope but i know some that do
Top Cat
Fourscore and seven

Post by Top Cat »

I don't really like it all that much
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

Anime makes up a lot of Japanese TV. Saying you don't like anime is like a Japanese person saying they don't like American TV. It's like... well, what kind of TV? Kids's shows, talk shows, primetime shows...? Anyway, my point is not all anime is the same for someone to say they just don't like it. Some is good, some is bad.
My favorite anime shows are Digimon, Big O, and Detective Conan.
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru

Post by Lord Sesshoumaru »

Inuyasha (hence Lord Sesshoumaru)
Yu Yu Hakusho
DB/Z/GT
Outlaw Star
Sailor Moon
Robotech
Gundam Wing/G Gundam
Trigun