Justin Bieber’s new haircut

and other JB related news

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

We should make a thread in Hillingdale Haven and see what other names people dream up. \:D/
Last edited by Aeva on Fri May 03, 2013 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I should change my username to one of them :-

Till the end of the line.
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

Change it to Sh'nooka!

I like how Marvin's is evenly divided, and how it is pronounced, but it doesn't sound like an individual word in itself to me. That's really just a matter of preference, though.
"And the fire with all the strength it hath."
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

I'm just going to make a thread in Hillingdale Haven for my own amusement. \:D/

* edit by bookworm: said thread linked for posterity
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Most sincere apologies for letting this lapse for so long, but it’s one of those things where the longer you let it go the harder it is to catch back up, because new stories keep coming in. I’m finally ready to pick up again though, so we’ll quickly catch up on past news in a series of makeup bulletins and then resume weekly coverage as usual. I will post the first of the recaps as soon as I put the finishing touches on it and subsequent ones as soon as they are ready. Thank you for your understanding.
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

*posts for bookworm*

*wonders how many more times Jelena has broken up, and how many more tattoos Justin has now* :p
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I see you’ve been keeping up on your own. ;)
I’m amazed by how far those two stories - especially Jelena because I thought that was finally done with before the break - kept exploding while this was on hiatus. In fact I still haven’t fully untangled them yet, that’s what I’m working on right now.
Woody

Post by Woody »

I actually haven't :anxious: I was just guessing. :p
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Then your intuition on things Bieber is troublingly accurate.
Woody

Post by Woody »

Or he's just predictable. ;)
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Entertainment stars are, as a general rule of thumb, predictable.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

Marvin D. wrote:Entertainment stars are, as a general rule of thumb, predictable.
QFT.

I mean, seriously, if Justin weren't behaving the way he is and was instead of genuinely above-board character to everyone, I'd be both surprised and impressed. I've learned that one should instead focus on the pleasant surprises from celebrities, as the usual behavior is so typical. However, the fact that we're not getting as much from the tabloids about Justin as we are from everyone else is still a plus.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Tiger and I just spend a lot of time QFT-ing and agreeing on each other's post.

Though I'm not sure if that's good >.>

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

bookworm, buddy, Justin Biebs is old news, where's the Miley Cyrus thread?! If you're going to spend so much of your time making sure everyone is 'informed' about things that don't matter, at least stay current. :noway:
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

The point of this service is not to stay current, per se, there is a reason the focus is on JB. As I’ve said multiple times, the force behind the thread’s creation was how the internet forced Bieber news onto me. It was a retaliatory action. The rest of the world decided Justin was important, I just went with it.
Beyond that, it’s given a chance to watch his character progress (in the wrong way >_>) because the focus is on one person through the years. To that end, the focus must remain on The Biebs to continue following the progression. Changing the focus merely to stay ‘current’ is counterproductive to what the thread is about. However if someone else wants to form a Cyrus news service, they are most welcome.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

I just want an excuse to post the video where someone replaced Miley's face with Nicholas Cage on the wrecking ball. :(
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

Jelly wrote:I just want an excuse to post the video where someone replaced Miley's face with Nicholas Cage on the wrecking ball. :(
Who needs an excuse? \:D/

Well, except for the part where she's nude and that might be a no-no... :anxious: :(
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Makeup Bieber Bulletin:

This story is somewhat of a continuation on one of the last reported, so let’s recap. We know Justin has been going a little overboard on the tattoos lately and last reported on was an Indian head.
Well shortly after that he got another one, a set of Roman numerals on his collarbone of I, IX, VII, and V or 1, 9, 7, and 5. It’s apparently the birth year of his mother, though 1975 is written differently as a date. Interestingly, Selena recently did the same thing, getting her mother’s birth year tattooed on her neck.
But Justin didn’t stop there. Shortly after that he got yet another one! This time a letter X on his arm. Some speculators suggested it was an Illuminati symbol, but others think it more likely a continuation of his Christianity themed tattoos and not an X, but the Greek letter Chi which means Christ. That makes three new tattoos in just one month!
Justin commented on his tattoos in an interview saying “I definitely see myself getting more in the future but slowly but surely. I'm not going to go too crazy right away and get something on my neck or anything like that.” Apparently he has a different definition of crazy than I do. He may not have tattooed his neck yet, but I would consider covering every other body part in a matter of months just as crazy.

Justin turned 19 on March 1st but he didn’t have a very good time celebrating. Things started alright but when it got to the actual party they went downhill fast. Reportedly, Justin abruptly shut everything down and left soon after it started because the club wouldn’t admit Jaden Smith. As Justin tweeted that it was the “worst birthday” a statement from the club seemingly confirmed the reports, saying that they didn’t mean to upset Justin’s plans but they could not admit anyone underage. However Justin shot back at the story, saying Jaden had nothing to do with it and then slammed the club, accusing them of making up the story “to give the press another reason to why we didn’t stay ... so they wouldn’t look bad for me walking in and right back out.” But that doesn’t explain why he did walk out. Something clearly went wrong, but no one apparently ever figured out exactly what. Justin later said it wasn’t really the worst birthday, he was just mad in the moment.

To add to Justin’s woes, while he was off celebrating, or lamenting, his birthday Lil Twist got in the news once again for an incident while driving JB’s car once again. He was pulled over by police for an unsafe lane change and then ticketed for having tinted windows. At least no one died this time.

Justin’s troubles didn’t stop with his birthday, he had a terrible time throughout his overseas tour. And all in the span of just a few days!

First he was extremely late to a concert in London. When he finally showed up he was met with resounding boos. At least from the people who were still there. Many concertgoers had left before he even showed in order to get home, and many more had to leave shortly after he finally started to catch the last trains of the night. Fans were outraged that no explanation was given for the delay. In addition, the concert was reportedly shortened once it finally began as a result of the late start.
Justin tweeted what was supposed to be an apology, but was really just excuses. He even tried to turn the heat from himself to the fans, saying “Im not okay with things being exaggerated” and insisting that he was only 40 minutes late, not the two hours that the fans and news kept saying. His reasoning being that the show time was an hour later than reported, and he was 40 minutes late for that start time due to technical issues. I’m pretty sure the people attending know when it was supposed to start though, so I’d have to go with their account over his since he’s the only one giving the later start time.
The concert ended up going half an hour past the city’s live music curfew, but it was announced that the fine would not be enforced. I assume concerts are exempt. The arena where Justin was performing attempted to put a lighthearted spin on the events of the previous night, tweeting at the next evening’s performance “We are happy to report that Justin Bieber made it on stage two minutes early this evening.” I assume that was meant to be humorous.
Claims later surfaced form alleged sources that the reason Justin was late was because he was playing video games and refused to take the stage, saying “It's my show, I'll go out when I want to” and “I'm the star and I can do what I want.” The claims were disputed by Justin’s camp.

The backlash The Biebs received from his tardiness on top of the frenzy surrounding his birthday, plus a handful of other stories that were being spread around, was apparently too much for him as he then went on a full blown Twitter rant about all the coverage blasting the media for using “fake stories to sell papers” and other angry retorts.

During another London concert, Justin suddenly collapsed onstage. That’s what all the news stories say anyway, but he actually just got short of breath. He was taken backstage for examination and told to see a doctor, but insisted on finishing the show after a 20 minute break. He was then taken to a hospital to find out what happened and seems to have recovered.
Some question whether the episode was real, of if it was just a PR stunt to counter all the recent bad press.

Back in the States, Lil Twist got in the news once again for an incident while driving JB’s car once again. Double déjà vu. This time he actually wrecked the car and then he fled the scene.
This story broke during the health scare, leading most media to announce it occurred while Justin was in the hospital as an insult to injury thing, but it actually happened a few days previous (and just a few days after the other car incident), around the night Justin was late for that concert.

Continuing the string of overseas incidents, Justin got into a loud, and almost violent, altercation with paparazzi. (Note that the link contains strong language, albeit censored.) He later acknowledged his behavior on Twitter.

Reports then surfaced that Justin had been warned by his label to work on “cleaning up his act” by staying in more and going easy on the partying. This would have been around the time he went on the Twitter rant, which makes sense. Things were getting crazy back there.

And to top it all off, Justin cancelled the second of two concerts planned in Portugal. The official reason was due to “unforeseen circumstances” but a source claims it was a “business decision” leading to speculation that the real reason was poor ticket sales.

It was a really crazy week, but afterwards Justin insisted he had a good time and continued to blame the media for blowing things out of proportion.

Featured JB tweet:
@justinbieber wrote:Know the truth. Ignore the hate. Do your job. Keep it moving.
Do good work. Live positive. Live for others. Give back. That's what
I'm about
10:35 AM - 31 Jul 13

The Bieber News Network is made possible by Viewers Like You.
BNN is not responsible for third party content.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

. . .

Celebrities. Gotta love them.

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Makeup Bieber Bulletin:

More stories out of London. It seems Justin didn’t just have a chain of bad experiences there, he also engaged in several days of strange behavior.

He wore a gasmask while out shopping for some reason and the next week he wore it again when he went to dinner.

Then he displayed strange antics by hopping between cars on the road.

New information on that incident surrounding the paparazzi death in January. It was discovered that Lil Twist somehow caused thousands of dollars of damage to Justin’s car leaving the driveway of their hotel. And for some reason, the hotel paid for the repairs.

Justin went on another online rant, a week after the last one. This time he addressed accusations that he needed rehab and bashed comparisons to Lindsay Lohan, but later removed that. He also implied that he thinks the reason people get so negative on him is because they’re jealous, saying “I'm 19 with 5 number one albums, 19 and I've seen the whole world. 19 and I've accomplished more than I could've ever dreamed of, I'm 19 and it must be scary to some people to think this is just the beginning.”

Justin may be prosecuted for allegedly spitting on and threatening to kill a neighbor who confronted him about driving recklessly.

Remember PAC? The hamster Justin decided to bring on tour and then abruptly decided to give away? Sadly, the critter died soon after.

This is a strange one. Apparently Justin was given a capuchin monkey by producer Jamal "Mally Mall" Rashid for his birthday. Never mind the questions about why he would do that, or how for that matter since it was too young to be away from its mother; the question at hand is why would Justin decide to bring it around the world with him? While trying to enter Germany the monkey was detained because Justin didn’t have the proper paperwork to bring it into the country. It was confiscated and placed in quarantine. Authorities gave Justin four weeks to take it back or it would be placed in a permanent home. Justin left Germany without resolving the situation and his manager emailed a request that the monkey be given to a zoo but the animal shelter reportedly refused to do so unless Justin personally requested it. Eventually, it did make it to a new home. The costs of caring for the monkey while it was detained will reportedly be sent to Justin.

Justin got in some hot water when he visited the Anne Frank House in Amsterdam. He wrote in the guest book “Truly inspiring to be able to come here. Anne was a great girl. Hopefully she would have been a belieber.” And the world went crazy. Messages of intense outrage poured in bashing him for being disrespectful and selfish. The House staff tried to calm things down by insisting the visit was positive and they weren’t offended. Radio host Howard Stern entered the furor to defend Justin, praising him for taking the interest to visit the House at all and saying people were overreacting to the remark.
I am not a Bieber apologist at all, but I’m 100% on his side of this one. People blew this beyond out of proportion. There was absolutely nothing offensive here, everyone just jumped to conclusions. And I don’t understand how. They must not have taken the time to actually think about the comment, they just ran with the idea that it was disrespectful because they knew there’s enough Bieber hate to carry it. Justin did not in any way say or imply ‘I'm so great that even the historic hero Anne Frank would be a fan’ as the media was portraying him to have. He said he hoped she would have been a fan. It’s the complete opposite of disrespectful; it’s a sign of respect. He was inspired by her, he is a fan of her. Because he thinks so highly of her, he hopes that he himself would have had some qualities she would appreciate in him because her approval would mean a lot to him.

Featured JB tweet:
@justinbieber wrote:not feeling so great today. stuffed up
11:57 PM - 16 Oct 13

The Bieber News Network is made possible by Viewers Like You.
BNN is not responsible for third party content.