The Harry Potter Thread

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.

What is your favorite Harry Potter movie?

The Philosophers Stone
15%
The Chamber of Secrets
No votes
The Prisoner of Azkaban
8%
The Goblet of Fire
23%
The Order of the Phoenix
8%
The Half Blood Prince
8%
The Deathly Hallows Part 1
8%
The Deathly Hallows part 2
31%

Total votes: 13

darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Ginny Weasley wrote:And Draco, Crabbe, and Goyle totally got what was coming to them. \:D/
I don't have that book in my house to know what happened to them, and I can't remember back to the years ago when I read it! :mad:

The other day, the 4yo boy tried to play by himself and deleted all the slots on the game so that they had to start over. It was super drama for the girl, who had unlocked lots of stuff. They beat it again this weekend. (Not including collecting everything, just passing all the levels.)
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

On the LEGO game? Which one, if it was?
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

We're playing years 5-7. We own 1-4 also, but our Wii was dusty and scratched it to beyond playable. A record store in town resurfaces disks; I'm going to take that one in soon. \:D/
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

Although I have not read the books (and, honestly, probably never will :- ), I have seen all of the movies several times and therefore feel qualified to join this discussion. \:D/

Harry was so gorgeous in Goblet of Fire. :inlove: I was just desperate to run my hands through his hair. And then my heart was broken when his hair was chopped off for the next film. :(

Besides that, I also enjoy all the different glass-shattering scenes. The special effects are quite amazing.
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

^it's funny you liked Harry's long hair in Goblet of Fire...it wasn't my favorite.

Till the end of the line.
TigerintheShadows

darcie wrote:We're playing years 5-7. We own 1-4 also, but our Wii was dusty and scratched it to beyond playable. A record store in town resurfaces disks; I'm going to take that one in soon. \:D/
Do it! :x Those games are so addicting. \:D/
Shennifer wrote:^it's funny you liked Harry's long hair in Goblet of Fire...it wasn't my favorite.
Really? I thought it was the most Harry-ish look in the series besides PoA.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
AIO tumblr sideblog
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

In the books it was described as messy, and I feel as though the long hair could not accurately depict that. I also think the Dursleys would have made him cut it.

Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Ginny Weasley wrote:
Shennifer wrote:^it's funny you liked Harry's long hair in Goblet of Fire...it wasn't my favorite.
Yeah, I get what you're saying, but I still thought it was too long...Ron's too.
I think he just looks better with slightly shorter hair. I don't mind messy....just not nearly down to his shoulders. *shrug*

Quote tags fixed. ~Aeva

Till the end of the line.
TigerintheShadows

Shennifer wrote:
Ginny Weasley wrote:
Yeah, I get what you're saying, but I still thought it was too long...Ron's too.
I think he just looks better with slightly shorter hair. I don't mind messy....just not nearly down to his shoulders. *shrug*
Yeah; that's why it's my second-favorite. ;) PoA was definitely the most classic "Harry" look IMO. Ron's was obnoxious, though; I liked it much better in the last four films.

Quote tags fixed. ~Aeva
AIO tumblr sideblog
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

I love Harry's long hair because that is my preferred style for male hair (besides spiky hair). I love Bieber-length hair (for lack of a better way to describe it). :- However, I readily agree that Ron's hair was definitely too long, and I'm glad his was shortened.
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

Gah, the Weasley twins in Goblet of Fire.. *shudder* there is definitely a limit on how long you can decently go.

In other news, I'm book four now! \:D/ Clearly my homework is no longer top priority, thanks to this thread. I'd actually forgotten how much I enjoy the innocence and magical charm ( lol, charm ;) ) of the first three books. Back when winning the House Cup was of utmost importance, and Scabbers was there as Ron's sidekick.
TigerintheShadows

Ah, I miss the glory days.
AIO tumblr sideblog
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

I just started the fifth one, but I am going to Florida, so I won't have much time to read it.
TigerintheShadows

Depending on where you live, you'll have plenty of reading time if you're about to travel to Florida. ;)
AIO tumblr sideblog
Taps

Post by Taps »

Ginny Weasley wrote:Depending on where you live, you'll have plenty of reading time if you're about to travel to Florida. ;)
Sadly, I live far away :(

In other news, for my birthday my parents got me 4 packages of Bertie Botts every flavor Beans which are shown HERE:

http://www.amazon.com/Harry-Potter-Bert ... 547&sr=1-2

Ah, you don't want to know what happen'd when I ate one that I thought was vanilla, but was actually a Rotten Egg \:D/
TigerintheShadows

Haha, that's awesome. \:D/ If you live really far away from Florida, you should have plenty of time to read Order of the Phoenix, doorstopper or not. ;)
AIO tumblr sideblog
Taps

Post by Taps »

Well, we are going on a plane, and I don't want to lose the library book and pay 15.00 for it...
TigerintheShadows

If you're a true fan, you'll pay that much! :x

;) I get what you mean, though. I wouldn't want to lose a library book, either, although I guess I'd consider it worth the risk because when I get into a series, I don't want to stop until I've read everything in it and all of its supplementary material.
AIO tumblr sideblog
Taps

Post by Taps »

Ginny Weasley wrote:If you're a true fan, you'll pay that much! :x

;) I get what you mean, though. I wouldn't want to lose a library book, either, although I guess I'd consider it worth the risk because when I get into a series, I don't want to stop until I've read everything in it and all of its supplementary material.
I actually will buy the books eventually, but I don't have very much money, and the money I have I am going to spend for something cool in Florida.

Yeah me to but- I don't have 15 bucks :(
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

I finished Harry Potter and Goblet of Fire late last night/early this morning, and although
I knew Cedric was going to die and Character deaths don't really bother me his death was sort of sad. (It was also very abrupt).