The Lizzie Bennet Diaries

A little late to bring the subject up, but...

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

The Lizzie Bennet Diaries

Post by Amethystic »

So, I've been meaning to post this thread for a while, but only today (which is a very bittersweet day for the fandom) did I finally get around to doing so.

Anyways, for those of you not familiar with The Lizzie Bennet Diaries, it's a fantastic Youtube adaptation of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. The story is told in a series of vlogs, in which Lizzie Bennet, the snarky grad student, tells us all about her life and the lives of the people around her. The videos are super funny, super touching, and just the whole experience has been so engaging. For almost a year I've been watching the series and seeing how the characters interact with the audience on different social media platforms, and now, with March being slated as the ending month for the LBD, I'm both anticipating the end and dreading it, because I've come to love the characters so much.

And for those of you who are familiar with The Lizzie Bennet Diaries, what is your reaction to everything? \:D/ (Be discreet with the spoilers by using the spoiler tabs, if you please.)
Last edited by Amethystic on Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I started watching these months ago; they are wonderful and hilarious, as well as realistic and moving. :)

I don't want it to end :(

Till the end of the line.
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

The Lizzie Bennet Diaries have become a small part of my life now. For the last few months, watching the new episodes on Monday and Thursday have been a sort of therapy from daily stress. I did not anticipate becoming so emotionally attached to the characters in this series. There have been times when this series has made me laugh, cry or exclaim aloud (which probably causes my roommate some alarm).

I can't believe it's ending already... :(

On a side note, did anyone see today's episode?
I actually 'yay'ed out loud when Bing asked to come with her, and very nearly lost it when she said he could! I was fluctuating between excitement and frustration for a while there, but thank heavens everything was resolved happily. \:D/ Kudos to Hank and Bernie for creating such suspense in a story that I've read so many times already... Who knows what they could do?
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I saw today's episode twice already \:D/
When Bing came in, I literally shrieked with glee; that doesn't happen very often.
I'm glad Bing was finally honest about what's been going on and that he wants to be a part of her life. I'm happy she changed her mind and let him come with her.
Last edited by Shennifer on Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

I started watching it today and... wow. And it's ending... :|
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

Knight Fisher wrote:I started watching it today and... wow. And it's ending... :|
It's been a pretty amazing experience, having followed the series' unfolding since pretty much the beginning and now seeing it approaching its end. Still, I have to imagine that discovering them now at least means you've spent way less time stressing and living your life in wait of your next bi-weekly fix of LBD. :- It's essentially become my fangirl crack over the past year.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I wish it wouldn't end. But I'm looking forward to seeing the last wonderful videos in conclusion :) I'm curious to see exactly how it gets wrapped up.

Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

One of the YouTube comments that I just happened to see once basically sums up my feelings now. The user wrote, "I can't wait for the video that starts with 'My name is Lizzie Bennet, and I think I'm in love with William Darcy.'" It has to be soon, and I CAN'T WAIT. :inlove: When Darcy first showed up, I didn't think he was cute at all and felt a little disappointed that he wasn't cuter. But somehow, he has become inexplicably more adorable in each successive episode, and I'm totally in love now lol. This whole series has just been brilliant.
Last edited by Aeva on Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

I get what you mean about Darcy. I didn't think he was unattractive, just, not quite as attractive as I'd pictured. And then somehow, as the series progressed, he turned into the most gorgeous thing to ever grace the internet. Overall, I am very happy with the team's choice of actor to play the role of Darcy. :inlove: I still remember the first time we ever saw him...

And of course, maybe the fact that we weren't all totally ga-ga over him at first is actually a sign that they picked the right person for the job.
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

I think one problem with the series, is they haven't shown the part of Darcy where he can be annoying, overly stiff, and argumentative. Now they've gone beyond the point of showing some of his more obvious flaws that made Lizzie hate him in the first place...
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

He was, though... it was just off camera. Yes, Lizzie did exaggerate, but the basis for it was there... and his first announcement of love? What an air-headed fool. \:D/ For it being the way it is, I think Darcy has been perfect.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

OH SWEET MOTHER OF PEARL. I AM GOING TO EXPLODE. :explode:
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I literally flailed and screamed in delight :D

Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

I squeed. I never, ever react emotionally to stuff like this, aside from laughing. I squeed. Repeatedly.

DIZZIE DIZZIE DIZZIE DIZZIE DIZZIE DIZZIE DIZZIE DIZZIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

I always watch the new episodes in my school library, so you can imagine how appropriate my reactions were in that environment. :- And ironically, this is the first video in ages that I didn't immediately re-watch multiple times after it was uploaded. Stupid homework. :x
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

I just watched it, and I squeaked with joy multiple times. That was the cutest, most amazing video IN THE HISTORY OF THE INTERNET. :inlove:
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

:noway:

*avoids the fan girling* That took awhile.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

While puppies are adorable, Dizzie Day will go down in history as being one of my all-time favorite fan moments. Seriously, I didn't even get this excited over the last Doctor Who semi-season finale, and that's saying something. And it's not just a fangirl thing; this series is so well written and put together, and the actors are so talented, I cannot express how impressed I've been with the entire series.
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

Thursday's episode :mad: It made me so happy :inlove:
The entire time, I was anticipating Charlotte to awkwardly come in ;)
now I can't wait till tomorrow \:D/

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

She was probably sitting by herself outside the door, eating all the Chinese food. :- (And I've totally watched both Thursday's video and Saturday's Q&A video multiple times a day since they came out.)

I can't believe tomorrow's episode is the second last video. :mecry:
Last edited by Amethystic on Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.