Iliad House

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
manfrednissley
I've been here a bit

Iliad House

Post by manfrednissley »

Is anyone else looking forwards to it?

http://www.iliadhouse.com/

You will recognize many of the voices in the promo!

https://soundcloud.com/iliadhouse/iliad ... st-glimpse

-- Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:23 pm --

https://www.facebook.com/IliadHouse
Most recent post: 12/1/2013, Thankfulness
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

I am. It's nice to know there is another audio drama to look forward to.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

I don't know, I think I'd feel more excited if I had something to be excited over. I listened to the preview and all that, but the details were so sparse that I couldn't really be like, "Hey, this seems like a cool idea!" I guess they're trying to build suspense within their current FotF Radio Theater fanbase, but I hope they start posting more details soon.

EDIT: As a side-note, it was also really weird listening to AIO voices portraying non-AIO characters in the promo. Just saying.
Last edited by Amethystic on Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Amethystic wrote:I don't know, I think I'd feel more excited if I had something to be excited over. I listened to the preview and all that, but the details were so sparse that I couldn't really be like, "Hey, this seems like a cool idea!" I guess they're trying to build suspense within their current FotF Radio Theater fanbase, but I hope they start posting more details soon.

EDIT: As a side-note, it was also really weird listening to AIO voices portraying non-AIO characters in the promo. Just saying.
Pretty much this for me too. But I still look forward to hearing it.
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

Did anyone hear about this cool, new project by Phil Lollar? (Leonard Meltsner, I know you already mentioned it, but I didn't take any notice at the time. Sorry. :( )

I'm really excited about this! Their Kickstarter page can be found here. Plus they have a facebook page! \:D/
Dasi
Fourscore and seven

Post by Dasi »

sorry this has nothing to do with the topic but I just wanted to say I love your name!
One ring to rule them all.
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

It looks like it's gonna be cool. But, I'm worried they won't reach their goal. :(
:wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky:
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

I merged today's new topic in Whit's End to the existing topic here in Harlequin.

I hope they do reach their goal and stretch goals! I think people don't really realize how much it costs to create an audio drama. Plus, audio drama is going to make a comeback! Woohoo! \:D/
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Smaug the Dragon wrote:Did anyone hear about this cool, new project by Phil Lollar? (Leonard Meltsner, I know you already mentioned it, but I didn't take any notice at the time. Sorry. :( )

I'm really excited about this! Their Kickstarter page can be found here. Plus they have a facebook page! \:D/
I am pretty eager myself. =] I wish I could give them some money..
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

This does look good! I'm definitely going to contribute to the Kickstarter. :D I'm just trying to decide which option I want.
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

I've been looking forward to seeing where this project will go for a while. If I can, I'm going to try to donate to the kickstarter!

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

I searched for this topic before I posted it. :( I guess topic titles don't appear in the searches. Apologies.
Dasi wrote:sorry this has nothing to do with the topic but I just wanted to say I love your name!
Hey, thanks. \:D/ I take it you're a Hobbit fan?
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

Blimeycow interviewed Mr. Lollar about his upcoming radio drama, and now I'm much more excited! The details were very foggy before, but the way he described it in the podcast makes it sound very exciting. I'm definitely looking forward to it now. :D
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

Just so everyone knows, they didn't make their goal. But, they are starting a new Kickstarter campaign for just the pilot series with a lower goal of $15,000. Make sure to support it if you can! http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/160 ... lot-series
manfrednissley
I've been here a bit

Post by manfrednissley »

It seems odd to me to do a kickstarter for a radio program.
Most recent post: 12/1/2013, Thankfulness
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

I really hope they get their new goal. I am dying for a new radio drama to get into, I have listened to all the other ones I have a million times lol
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Peachey Keen wrote:Just so everyone knows, they didn't make their goal. But, they are starting a new Kickstarter campaign for just the pilot series with a lower goal of $15,000. Make sure to support it if you can! http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/160 ... lot-series
Woohoo! I was sad they didn't make their goal. I'm glad it looks like this will happen after all! \:D/ At least, the chances look pretty good to me now, with 28 days left to raise a little under $3k out of $15k. ^_^
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

manfrednissley wrote:It seems odd to me to do a kickstarter for a radio program.
How so? You need funding to pay for studio rental, actors, editing, foley, and all the other production aspects before the show is released. How else does an independent production fund, other than selling the show to a corporation or getting loans or massive credit card debt? Basically a Crowdfunding campaign pre-sells the show to the intended audience.
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I made sure that I did the same commitment I did last time on the first day! I'm glad that it looks like they will for sure meet at least their minimum. This sounds like a really interesting project, and the more episodes that they can make, the better!
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

I'm so excited about this new campaign! I hope they raise more than they did for the first one. I think this show could have so much potential, and I'd hate to see it lost because of lack of funds. Still, if we all could get a few friends to join in this time, donate a couple of dollars each, we might be able to make a huge difference.