What Makes You Beautiful Parody

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

What Makes You Beautiful Parody

Post by Jesus' Princess »

I'm not sure how I came across this, but it's.... well here watch it for yourself.

It's a parody of What Makes You Beautiful, but One Direction. He tried to Jesusify it.

American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I lost interest within 16 seconds... after he likened sports to drugs. :-
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

EDIT:

Last edited by Amethystic on Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

^ Pretty much my reaction. ](*,)
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

Wait, no, you guys missed the point, I think. This wasn't just a Christian parody of a pop song. This was a parody of Christian parodies of pop songs! I thought it was genius! The guy was obviously trying to go way over the top, I thought. It seemed more tongue-in-cheek than sincere to me. :P
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

I posted that on Google+ a few months ago. A friend of a friend of mine did it. It's quite hilarious.
Best line: Cuz I'm in love with the man who's in love with me.

Seriously, people. I have trouble taking anyone seriously if they keep on gushing about how much they're in love with Jesus. Like Jesus is their boyfriend. Oi.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Christian A. wrote:Wait, no, you guys missed the point, I think. This wasn't just a Christian parody of a pop song. This was a parody of Christian parodies of pop songs! I thought it was genius! The guy was obviously trying to go way over the top, I thought. It seemed more tongue-in-cheek than sincere to me. :P
I did end up getting to that conclusion, and yes, it was a great parody of that. :P
Marvin D. wrote: Best line: Cuz I'm in love with the man who's in love with me.
Pretty much.
Marvin D. wrote: Seriously, people. I have trouble taking anyone seriously if they keep on gushing about how much they're in love with Jesus. Like Jesus is their boyfriend. Oi.
So do I, it gets old after about 5 minutes of "I am soooo in love with Jesus" It's like, just live your life according to his laws, you don't have to justify it every 5 seconds.
Last edited by Jesus' Princess on Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Christian A. wrote:This wasn't just a Christian parody of a pop song. This was a parody of Christian parodies of pop songs!
I don't think so.
video description wrote:This is more of a parody of 95% of modern Christian music. And how, if you take a top 40 song, change around the lyrics some, it could be about Jesus.
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

bookworm wrote:
Christian A. wrote:This wasn't just a Christian parody of a pop song. This was a parody of Christian parodies of pop songs!
I don't think so.
video description wrote:This is more of a parody of 95% of modern Christian music. And how, if you take a top 40 song, change around the lyrics some, it could be about Jesus.
Okay, I stand corrected. I agree now. It does seem that most Christian music goes in this direction these days.
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

I barely made it through the whole video, but I do agree that most of what we sing in my church is really similar to that. How sad.
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

That was awesome. \:D/

This is a perfect example of why I've never enjoyed contemporary Christian music.
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)