P.O.D

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
godisawesomeness99
Popsicle kid

P.O.D

Post by godisawesomeness99 »

P.O.D is a rock band, and all of the members are christians.... I didn't know this until I saw a youtube interview with them..... anyway, The band's name stands for Payable on death, which represents jesus dying on the cross.... Just wanted to know what you think of the band and such....
Daniel- Seattle Pacific University '22
Music is how God speaks to me
I used to be here.... but now I'm probably not.... so yeah
Liz_Horton
Animatronic

Post by Liz_Horton »

They used to be legit, maybe 6-7 years ago. The album they released last summer was rather un-epic.
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

I definitely like a lot of their music. The lead singer even did a song with Lecrae, which I thought was cool. But I've seen some weird things about their spiritual beliefs, like that they might be Rastafarians, which is an odd Christian cult originating in Jamaica. The cult refers to God as "Jah" a lot, which P.O.D. does in several of their songs... I dunno. Their music doesn't seem to reflect it much though, so I don't have too big of a problem with listening to them.
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

I really didn't like their latest album either.
godisawesomeness99
Popsicle kid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9FSnN1l72Q

That's the video of the lead singer talking about god..... but it was 6 years ago..... so....
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

Hmmm, that video was interesting. Definitely a side of Sonny I hadn't seen before. Well, I think I may be content with that testimony. It's just about the same as I'd expect from most CCM artists these days. Not the deepest or the most spiritual, but sufficient for me to take them at their word and allow myself to enjoy their music. ;)
Samantha14
All That Is Sam.
All That Is Sam.

Post by Samantha14 »

They made a song called Youth of the Nations that I really liked, but I haven't heard anything else. I don't really want to, since I'm not that into Christian rock/metal. :P
merp.
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

I really liked "Going in Blind", for which I looked up Toph AMVs on YouTube. \:D/ They also did "Front Line", I believe, which, if nothing else, reminds me of my childhood listening to the local Christian radio station. I've always liked that more edgy style, though I prefer if the songs are a bit more uplifting than the usual hard rock fare.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

Samantha14 wrote:They made a song called Youth of the Nations that I really liked, but I haven't heard anything else. I don't really want to, since I'm not that into Christian rock/metal. :P
Yes! Youth of a Nation is probably my favorite song from them. It's very poignant, and yet a great rock anthem at the same time.
Samantha14
All That Is Sam.
All That Is Sam.

Post by Samantha14 »

Christian A. wrote:
Samantha14 wrote:They made a song called Youth of the Nations that I really liked, but I haven't heard anything else. I don't really want to, since I'm not that into Christian rock/metal. :P
Yes! Youth of a Nation is probably my favorite song from them. It's very poignant, and yet a great rock anthem at the same time.
*Highfives* Definitely. \:D/

Though, to be random, I find myself listening to harder and harder Christian music lately. :anxious:
merp.
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

Other songs from P.O.D. I like include "Alive" and "On Fire." Have you heard those?

Yeah, depending on my mood, hard rock usually does the trick for me. Skillet's stuff is always good as well.
godisawesomeness99
Popsicle kid

I've only heard two or three songs by them....
Samantha14
All That Is Sam.
All That Is Sam.

Post by Samantha14 »

Christian A. wrote:Other songs from P.O.D. I like include "Alive" and "On Fire." Have you heard those?

Yeah, depending on my mood, hard rock usually does the trick for me. Skillet's stuff is always good as well.
I haven't heard those. :o *Goes to Godtube*

Yeah. I used to not be able to stand it. Even when I first started coming here, if you remember, I said I couldn't stand it. But I recently started listening to more. I'm addicted to Skillet. :P And there are even some songs by Red that I like... :shock:
merp.
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

Yeah, that's how I was when I first started hearing hard rock like Skillet and P.O.D. But the more I listened the more I began to understand how people like it. I actually listened to a couple of whole Skillet albums on YouTube this afternoon while chilling out because of my surgery. \:D/