Kickstarter Projects!

Movies, music, and more!

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Kickstarter Projects!

Post by H Tide »

So I recently have enjoyed browsing through the hundreds of Kickstarter projects out there. For those who don't know, Kickstarter is a crowd funding website where creative minds ask the general public to donate to their project in exchange for various rewards. Some of the most popular Kickstarter Projects are the Veronica Mars movie, which raised several million dollars, and Levar Burton's Reading Rainbow project, which has raised over three million dollars. And of course there's Illiad House by Phil Lollar, which was able to be made through the help of Kickstarter.

Aside from the crazy popular projects, I love seeing all the creativity that comes out and seeing various gadgets or inventions that all started from a single idea being put into motion. My younger brother, in particular, loves that he can support web series and other creative ideas that he is interested in. There are a whole variety of categories, including hand crafted items, clothing, games, new technology, etc. And it's neat to be able to see a product come to fruition that you had a hand in. I for one have enjoyed backing various films and documentaries. I even found a film that Torry Martin and Marshal Younger are helping with (here if you're interested)!

Are there any projects in particular that you have backed or been interested in?
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

I enjoy browsing through Kickstarters, too. I've only ever backed one project though: Lammily, the "average" Barbie-esque doll. I really do try and support things I really believe in when I come across them, but sometimes I'm just too poor.

Lammily, though, was only a few bucks more than an actual Barbie and you get the actual doll for the $25 level, which is what I paid. I'm supposed to get her sometime this fall/winter! I am hoping my daughter takes to her more than she has her recently-acquired mermaid Barbie. ;)
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Kickstarter allows me to pretend that I'm some sort of patron of the arts by allowing me to back indie video games. :-